Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    CSSY banner B.png

WELCOME TO THE SHOWCASE THREAD OF
    CYBERSPACE SHIPYARDS!

(A lore-less fictional company that builds perhaps as many non-ships as ships;
    things intensify as the thread progresses!)

I've been playing the game since around August 2015. I approach StarMade as a creative game - I'm here to share the products of my creative efforts, and to witness all the awesomeness that others create. I have many cool things to show that I believe/hope will be enjoyed by others who appreciate StarMade or SciFi art in general as much as I do.

My main strengths are construction quality / immersive roleplay content / detailed, neat interiors. But I'm also known for impressive logic and rail contraptions, and a few ships with good PvE capabilities (high-performance mining ships, anti-pirate combat ships, etc).

I add pictures and occasionally videos to my highlighted progress update posts, so go ahead, scroll through the pages, it will probably be easy to catch something that will suit your taste ;)

MY TOP-LIST:

(The best of my StarMade work, listed by category. Only finished and published creations are listed;
    the list will be updated every time I release better examples in the different categories below.)

1) Interior design:

2) Ship hull design:

3) Space stations:

4) Mechs / robots:

5) Logic systems:

6) Mining / salvaging ships:

7) Heavy combat ships:

8) Medium-sized combat ships:

9) Light-weight combat ships:

10) Turrets:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #1

I thought I should post the two already completed projects
    from among the builds that appeared in my teaser demo video.
    All the rest will get posted here too when finished, wish me luck! :^D

1) A massively roleplay-packed
    exploration vessel with a highly detailed, beautiful interior:
    THE INTERSTELLAR LOCOMOTIVE

1.png

2) A very powerful and well-designed cruiser ship:
    POSITRON, THE ANNIHILATOR

2.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Nicely done!

However: you need to get rid of Daffy Duck asap - no point in doing all this work to get your videos pulled on grounds of copyright infringement (theres no way to classify it in this case as "fair use").
    That's not Daffy Duck. It's Duck Dodgers.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That's not Daffy Duck. It's Duck Dodgers.
    That misidentification was corrected shorty after it was made... I used to like watching the Duck Dodgers series as a kid, every afternoon after arriving home from school. At one point I wanted to change my previous angry-looking alien profile picture, but I thought that my other favorite cartoon character, Samurai Jack wouldn't fit a space engineering block game environment as good as a goofy spaceship captain duck.

I probably won't be using that intro picture in future videos, because I guess there are indeed youtube staff guys out there who are able to make such petty decisions like "this has to go, because Daffy Duck = big money for a little guy outside the circle of Warner Bros." :^D

Anyways, do you like some of the stuff thus far present on my shipyard? - I must do something, because this place didn't gather much attention in these first two weeks since I uploaded the trailer.

Last edited:

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Anyways, do you like some of the stuff thus far present on my shipyard? - I must do something, because this place didn't gather much attention in these first two weeks since I uploaded the trailer.
    You forgot to put "power overhaul" in the thread title! ;D

In all seriousness though, I think its been relatively quiet on here of recent.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    That misidentification was corrected shorty after it was made... I used to like watching the Duck Dodgers series as a kid, every afternoon after arriving home from school. At one point I wanted to change my previous angry-looking alien profile picture, but I thought that my other favorite cartoon character, Samurai Jack wouldn't fit a space engineering block game environment as good as a goofy spaceship captain duck.

I probably won't be using that intro picture in future videos, because I guess there are indeed youtube staff guys out there who are able to make such petty decisions like "this has to go, because Daffy Duck = big money for a little guy outside the circle of Warner Bros." :^D

I definitely like your stuff especially some of the stations you show off in your video. I wouldn't worry too much about people noticing your shipyard. I think most people just check the community content page and you seem to get a good amount of downloads on your submissions. Starmade seems to be in a bit of a lull in terms of interest these days probably due to being several years old and still in alpha so you shouldn't expect to get the kinds of ratings and downloads that people got 2-3 years ago. Hopefully the game gets a Beta release or even a full release before too long and a huge influx of new players. My philosophy is I build because I enjoy it and if one or two master builders gives me a positive review that's just icing on the cake.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You forgot to put "power overhaul" in the thread title! ;D

In all seriousness though, I think its been relatively quiet on here of recent.
    Sure thing, that would've helped. :^D

Actually... the power overhaul proposal happened around 2,5 months ago, and around 2 months ago I had no more than 3 of my more ambitious projects uploaded. The initial panic motivated me to sort out my near-finished projects and see if I can get myself to complete them before they become unusable. Things went good, it was kind of a cathartic satisfaction to finally see 10+ projects finished and out for public use, which inspired me to start building a few other stuff long planned out.

So now here I am with things like an egyptian-style alien alpha ship with sand used for the floor material, and an utterly demotivated crowd.

Hopefully the new power system will be fun enough to replenish life around here.
    [doublepost=1493653041,1493652058][/doublepost]
    I definitely like your stuff especially some of the stations you show off in your video.
    I'm really glad to hear that. Any expression of appreciation means a lot to me, the knowledge that others like my stuff fuels my workflow on already started projects, and sometimes also motivates me to dive into things still in the planning stage. I might revisit that fuel refinery station with the glass-covered factory yard today and bring it a little closer to completion.

My philosophy is I build because I enjoy it and if one or two master builders gives me a positive review that's just icing on the cake.
    Same here actually... The joy of the process of creating something that previously existed only in the form of potential in one's mind is what keeps me close to my creative hobbies, and feedback is often just a secondary thing. But you know, we're all thrill-seekers in our own way; seeing something of beauty emerge as a result of your will is one kind of thrill, and the recognition it gets is another. Also, there's a little "principle of mutuality" in this as well: I know how pleasant it can be to witness the awesomeness that others make, and I want to give stuff of similar effect to others. :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #2

I released a major project two weeks ago, an awesome mining ship of a unique design. I didn't post about it here, because I wanted to make some cinematic material of it first. The video recording/editing didn't turn out that well this time around, but now that I updated the ship, I might as well promote it here a little bit.

The update includes 2 medium-to-heavy sized rapid-fire cannon turrets. They sit at the sides and have a destructive capacity of 5,000 DPS each. I will release this turret design separately when I will have all my original turrets ready for publishing (believe me, you'll like them).

Until then, enjoy this, and please share your opinion:

MAGMATRON - My Ultimate Planet Miner

Mgm1.png

Mgm2.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #3

Alright, so after almost a month away from the docks, I released something special yesterday. It's been in the works for a long while, you even got teaser clips of it, and now it's here for you to immerse yourself in its magnificence ;)

Allow me to introduce one of my latest and proudest creations, The Pharaoh's Time-Bender, a mighty supra-luminal space vessel for godly interstellar travel.

For a long time, I wanted to build an exotic themed ship with a highly detailed interior (preferably something with a planet terrain block type for the floor material). Then the idea came to make a crazy jumpship for some alien pharaoh. This ship is a combination of those two plans. It's not exactly a specialized jumpship, but it serves the purpose of fast interstellar travel for the times when the old alien pharaoh wants to visit some of his many planetary settlements across the galaxy.

With its 107,000 mass despite having only one layer of basic hull, it falls in the battlecruiser category, and its combat capabilities (kinda) match up to that rank. It took a total of 10 weeks from spawning the core to completion, but it was left to rest for most of that time. Although it might look like an easy job from the outside due to its simple shape, there's a metric ton of effort in the interior. It's highly mechanized and the interior style is pure gold, if I may say so myself. In the end this might be my masterpiece, the greatest thing that I will ever contribute to StarMade. But let's hope not, because I intend to keep on building for a few more years, aiming to create top-notch ships in more realistic styles :)

The Pharaoh's Time-Bender

You can check some short but impressive teaser clips of this ship in the
    intro video of my shipyard, from the point when an airlock is entered (2:05),
    and also at the grand surprise near the end of the video (7:24):

IN THIS PICTURE THE MAGICAL CAPSTONES ARE BEGINNING TO OPEN
    AND THE WORLD-CRUSHING "DEATH SWARMS" ARE PREPARING TO FIRE.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #4

Here's another teaser / sneak-peek clip for my fellow StarMade-ians ;)

I decided to make a quick, simple, one-take (and kinda poorly edited) showcase video of what I've been working on lately. I had a great deal of initial enthusiasm for each of the five projects shown in the video, but then, as usual, the enthusiasm faded away after the first few days of building. This is particularly true in the case of those two more vivid and crazy ships, the "Purple Lightning" and the "Iguanodon Corvette". I started construction on both of these in April, and didn't touch them since. I think they're promising ships, and I hope to find some motivation in your feedback to finish them.

Then we have the two bad boys at the beginning, "Krypton W16" and "Atlas E10". They are obviously brothers, the first smaller one was the original, and the second more robust one was made in a matter of 1-2 hours from the templated parts of the first. At the moment I'm excited enough about them to be confident they'll be completed soonish. I'm planing to release several versions of the smaller one with different functions, while the bigger one will probably get recolored.

And lastly, we take a closer look at that neat station that got the least screen-time in the previous intro video of my shipyard thread. As its name suggests, it's a shipyard where we can both refuel and repair our spacecraft. It's heavy on the roleplay, while impressively functional at the same time. I'm especially proud of all the tanks and piping on that station. I'd say it's about 90% finished at this point.

Please share your opinion if you like any of these projects, because others' reactions always have a great motivational power on my workflow. Thanks! (y)

(And sorry if the background ambiance track gets annoying after a while, mute the video and play some music you like instead.)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    ANCIENT EGYPTIAN SPACE STATION
    The thing you're referring to, "The Pharaoh's Time-Bender" is actually an alien starship (it flies, shoots, kills, etc).

Or if you were trying to make a recommendation for a future station project to accompany this ship... that might be a good idea.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #5

Alright, I just wanted to put it on record at this place too that I fulfilled my promise of last week: I released no less than two awesome stations this week, a warpgate station on Thursday, then a shipyard station on Saturday. This means we now have two more projects from among the ones showcased in my shipyard thread intro video out for close public inspection. (If you didn't yet, be sure to check out that clip in the first post of this thread.)

Of course, I originally promised these stations for last week, but their release was postponed not without compensation, last week's release being: Nova-Venator destroyer.

Now let's take a look at the stations themselves.

1) The "StellarWind" warp station:

Firstly, allow me to introduce my first stargate, a marvel of technology bridging the vast, cold and unforgiving interstellar vacuums between the solar systems of your interest.

I actually built most of this station in 3 days in early November (2016), and finalized it with the addition of its turret arsenal in December, but I chose to get 20 of my ships out of the way and up on the Dock first before sharing this with the public. I wanted to upload this only when I have another station to join it right after. Visit the download page below to see a few more pictures of this stargate, and download it for the full experience! :^D

The "StellarWind" warp station

2) The "PetroFlux H56" Refueling & Repair Station:

Secondly, allow me to introduce my first serious shipyard, an industrial oasis in the ice-cold desert of outer space.

MEGA PROJECT: The "PetroFlux H56" Refueling & Repair Station

Other stuff of similar roleplay value/construction quality will follow shortly-ish, stay tuned! ;)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    dat Refueling and repair station is beautiful <33 :eek: yes!
    Thanks man, I'm glad you like it. I myself hesitate to call it beautiful, because of all that black framework, which turned out to be a little too much and it's kinda "noisy" this way. But other, nicer stations using the templates of those tanks and pipelines will come along some day, if time permits.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #6

Time for yet another update, relating to something I promised 3 months ago:

I will release this turret design separately when I will have all my original turrets ready for publishing (believe me, you'll like them).

Without further ado, here's the list of links that will get you to my recently published seven turrets, followed by the two videos I made for the first and last of these releases:

10-in-1 perfect AMS turret carrier (video demo included)
    Deepspace Mechanic's heavy turret pack
    Velox autocannon turret
    Nova-370 Assault Turret
    Xentroid 9000 floating sphere turret (video demo included)

Stay tuned, because the next update will feature that awesome dieselpunk ship I called "Krypton W16" a few posts earlier. It's already finished, I just have to shoot a few cinematic clips of it. After that will be put out for close public inspection, I'll continue working on my "Disney Land-looking" rocket fuel refinery station you can see in the second video below. Until then, tell us how you like these turrets! :^D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #7

Here I am again reporting on some progress. The past two weeks were relatively fruitful. Last week I published Krypton V16, a dieselpunk-style roleplay ship of which I've shown some teaser footage 2 months earlier, while on this week two of my re-make ships were released at once. Let's see them one-by-one.

1) The "Krypton V16" star-engine:
    The "Krypton V16" star-engine

Being a fan of the dieselpunk style, Gmodism made a nice review video of this ship, which you can check out in the spoiler below.
    SPOILER ALERT, the ship has a simple but fun little challenge before you can access its core, so you might want to check that out for yourself first.

2) Flit-class Pulsar Scout - DM2 edition:
    Flit-class Pulsar Scout - DM2 (RE-MAKE)

This ship was originally created by Drybreeze - make sure to check out his version, linked at the download page of mine.

3) Celestric Arthropod:
    Celestric Arthropod (RE-MAKE)

This ship was originally created by bustie - make sure to check out his version, linked at the download page of mine.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    THREAD UPDATE POST #7

Here I am again reporting on some progress. The past two weeks were relatively fruitful. Last week I published Krypton V16, a dieselpunk-style roleplay ship of which I shown some teaser footage 2 months earlier, while on this week two of my re-make ships were released at once. Let's see them one-by-one.

1) The "Krypton V16" star-engine:

The "Krypton V16" star-engine

Being a fan of the dieselpunk style, Gmodism made a nice review video of this ship, which you can check out in the spoiler below.
    SPOILER ALERT, the ship has a simple but fun little challenge before you can access its core, so you might want to check that out for yourself first.

2) Flit-class Pulsar Scout - DM2 edition:

Flit-class Pulsar Scout - DM2 (RE-MAKE)

This ship was originally created by Drybreeze - make sure to check out his version, linked at the download page of mine.

3) Celestric Arthropod:

Celestric Arthropod (RE-MAKE)

This ship was originally created by bustie - make sure to check out his version, linked at the download page of mine.

:D btw sorry for not noticing there where different styles included in the dl, should have reviewed the proper one that is less colorful ^^"