Allow me to introduce one of my latest and proudest creations, Magmatron PM-4720, a good old planetary mining monster.
Note that I named this ship before knowing that there is a Transformers character with the same name (my name choice is explained in its core room).
Have fun with it and please share your opinion!
- Two huge, high-performance, downward-facing mining disks that can be rotated;
- A very nice cargo bay with 3 mineral/metal ore aggregate containers that can be moved outside the ship;
- A beautiful interior with lots of nice roleplay elements, lots of fun immersive content;
- Five powerful engine pods and a high thrust-mass ratio to allow rapid acceleration;
- A 35% overdrive system that brings the ship up to a top speed of 160 m/s;
- Two jumpdrives;
- Engine glow lights that can be turned On/Off from the hotbar;
- Nice airlocks with an original door movement design;
- Five compact anti-missile turrets, plus two medium-to-heavy sized rapid-fire cannon turrets, etc.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
- Make sure to TURN ON THE "INHERIT THRUST" option on this ship in the "Thrust" menu, because the two mining modules have a mass of 5,300 each, but they also have enough thrusters to exceed the 1:1 ratio (and thus can be piloted separately, used as mining ships on their own);
- You must turn On the "CargoPullSwitch" inner-ship remote to be able to transfer the goods gathered by the mining modules from their storage to the main ship's internal storage - then you must turn that remote Off to be able to spin the mining modules.
- This upload is a package of the Sment files of the ship itself, plus the mining modules and the cargo elevators.
19/09/17: The forums are currently undergoing maintenance, during this time, the site may become unavailable.
MAGMATRON - My Ultimate Planet Miner v1.4
A well-built planetary mining monster with two huge rotary mining disks.