- Game version:
Allow me to present the mighty Sobek Dreadnought, one of the largest and most complex ships I ever built in StarMade.
After a ton of creative effort, this thing ended up being one of those StarMade creations where you couldn't possibly fit enough text/images into the description section to cover everything that's worth seeing/trying out in it.
So I invite everyone interested to check out this ship in-game, and then tell us about your impressions / what you liked / what you think could use improvement. Have fun while exploring its extreme interior and testing its crazy rail and logic features!
Some fun-facts about this ship, and nice pictures of different stages of its construction, can be found at my shipyard thread, starting with this post: CYBERSPACE SHIPYARDS
IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO USE THIS SHIP WITH LOW-PERFORMANCE COMPUTERS OR IN SURVIVAL MULTIPLAYER, BECAUSE:
- It has about 120 docked entities, including a few very large ones.
- It contains a lot of Repulse Modules, used decoratively, which are said to add performance strain.
- It contains a lot of Power Supply Modules, used decoratively, which have become outdated and unobtainable (so the ship can't be spawned with the blueprint-fillout method, or produced in shipyards, only Admin-Loaded).
- The 3rd and 4th row of the hotbar contain the controls for the right and left side of the hangar bay.
- Make sure to have the "Recall state" remotes turned Off, before trying to launch fighters with the "Next fighter" remotes.
- Make sure to have the "Recall state" remotes turned On, before trying to redock fighters with the Pickup Points.
Here are 4 of the 6 engine orientation options:
Move Backward, Strafe Upward, Strafe Downward, and the default Move Forward
(the others are Roll Left and Roll Right)
We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before the end of August.
MEGA PROJECT: The "Sobek" Dreadnought v1.4
430m long ship | Intricate rail and logic features | Vast, highly detailed interior
- Fixed hangar doors and removed the empty shell version Jan 31, 2019
- FINISHED VERSION RELEASE Sep 19, 2018
- Shell update: engine pod logic and hull fixes Aug 21, 2018