When was your personal "golden age" for StarMade?

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think 2015-2016 for me too. A big fan of the computer, logic and rail system, I enjoyed making contraptions and machines. It was exiting with new updates coming out regularly with new features. Oh and I loved it when the etheral rails and the fleet system came out. I could see so much potential in the game if those were expanded on. Especially if humanoid MOBs and non-humanoid, were expanded on we could probably use them to expand the game play more.

Reactions: PriZm
    Reaction score
    It's interesting that everyone mentions the 2015-2016 (or earlier - 2016) time period. Seems like everyone can basically agree on that being kind of the golden age. If only we could have a server with a roled back version of that time period and maybe enhance stability and content with mods a little bit. I feel like that kind of server would be quite populated...

Reactions: virtue1987
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It's interesting that everyone mentions the 2015-2016 (or earlier - 2016) time period. Seems like everyone can basically agree on that being kind of the golden age. If only we could have a server with a roled back version of that time period and maybe enhance stability and content with mods a little bit. I feel like that kind of server would be quite populated...
    It's been done, (forget it), graphic advances alone (which were good)... in all seriousness: nobody wants to go back to that "Era"...
    and sadly the game has not advanced much since then...aside from swapping "this block for that block", and the occasional buff or nerf.
    Main reason most players left is because Schine ignored game-developement and server-stability.

I also doubt anybody is willing to "put in the hours" required to patch old systems with new graphics (even if it would be super-cool).

My "golden-age" was 2018-2020.
    new graphics...
    new power...
    weapons 3.0...
    it was all good, but beyond that: still the same half finished, buggy mess as before.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Me personally I dont think it was the game that was better then, I actually prefer it now. What i miss is the community of that time period.

Reaction score
    My main experience and favourite time of the game was from 2015 - 2017. Since then and starting work etc. I haven't had the time to properly sit down, open the launcher and get going on this amazing game.

Just about to start getting back into it. Hope to see you all about.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Got to be 2014 onwards I'd say. I think I'd joined the CR by then and it was a pretty cool time. 2015-16 we had a few comebacks to the game as a group and they were fun, but not quite the same. After that it was a bit dead. Don't know how it's been 7 years though.

Edit: the second generation CR collapsed by January of 2014, so I'd say 2013 probably.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I think 2015-2016 for me too. A big fan of the computer, logic and rail system, I enjoyed making contraptions and machines. It was exiting with new updates coming out regularly with new features. Oh and I loved it when the etheral rails and the fleet system came out. I could see so much potential in the game if those were expanded on. Especially if humanoid MOBs and non-humanoid, were expanded on we could probably use them to expand the game play more.
    I don't suppose you are the guy who used to work with Komatodik on stealth ships as a private contractor. Lone wolf from memory, lone puppy seems a bit coincidentally named.

Reactions: PriZm
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I just looked through my old screen shots and I'd have to say 2013-2014 the game was fresh and new to me and I built most of my ships in this time. Since then I've just been constantly refitting the original ships I built and adding a few more to the fleet here and there.

Reactions: Anthros1984
    Reaction score
    I don't suppose you are the guy who used to work with Komatodik on stealth ships as a private contractor. Lone wolf from memory, lone puppy seems a bit coincidentally named.
    Lonewolf was my 2n (dark) character and I actually ended up playing 90% of the time on this one xD And i still remember the times with Koma, it was so much fun :) The stealthy ships, especially those launching diverse warhead weapons, were kinda my specialty back in the days, while Koma built more conventional and bigger ships most of the time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    2016 to 2017. When I played on the Starmada and then Star Squadron servers.

The game is better now, I miss that time period but would keep the current features if I could go back. Power 2.0 was a big change and it's 100% not perfect, (especially the initial implementation of the stabilizer mechanics.... jeez why...) but I don't really miss power 1.0 if I am honest.

Basically, as others have said, I miss the community and the game is far more buggy / has not officially developed in a long time. I miss the people, not the game version.

I still jump on the game here and there, but I struggle to find the motivation to do much. Without the community there is nothing to do beyond updating ships that you can't really do anything with.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    My highlight was in 2014, with TilboTec, ArmTec, VFW (has anyone seen Dr Vecdorian [I really hope I'm spelling that right but it has been nearly a decade] recently?) The Saturn server, the inta faction "wars" and so on, I had a while without a computer and came back to power 2.0, n I've never really gotten to grips with it, hence why I don't really play as much, but I am planning on getting back into it properly, and making my famous, under powered, somewhat nice looking space ships 😂

Reactions: Anthros1984
    Reaction score
    100% 14-16. Power 2.0 was a blow, and yeah, lost most of our motivation and players. I miss Illusive more than I care to admit. The game was fun, but the people were the best part.

Reactions: aceface