Presenting the very first serious shipyard I ever built: PetroFlux H56 Refueling & Repair - an industrial oasis in the ice-cold desert of outer space.
- Game version:
The main focus with this shipyard project was to achieve a raw industrial vibe - this aesthetic purpose is fulfilled by its robust steel framework, its giant fuel tanks, armored pipelines snaking everywhere, an army of robotic arms, and an all-around utilitarian style.
After a lot of intermittent work, spanning six months back in 2017 (then a round of modernization in May 2019) it turned out to be a StarMade creation with an exceptional level of construction quality and roleplay value, if I may say so myself. But it also offers a lot of practical functionality: large shipyard area, huge cargo capacity, lots of rail mass enhancers to allow for heavy ships to dock or be built, an ocean of shielding energy, and serious turret firepower.
Note: set the reactor alignment to 45 degrees on the Y axis, to get 115% stabilization, instead of the current 60%.
- A shipyard / "refueling and repair" area with max fitting ship dimensions of: 125W x 149H x 249L
- Six large building material containers with enough capacity to allow the building of even cruiser ships
- A total of 24 huge fuel tanks, containing a variety of rocket fuels, to satisfy the different needs of every spacecraft, including: LOX (liquid oxygen), LH2 (liquid hydrogen), RP1 (refined kerosene) and N2H4 (hydrazine)
- Several USD docking ports
- Several flyable utility craft and utility drones
- Extendable/retractable refueling pipes
- 2 heavy laser turrets
- 2 heavy machine gun turrets
- 4 heavy artillery cannon turrets
- 12 reliable AMS turrets
- Enough power, shield capacity and shield recharging to withstand the attack of a whole fleet of who-knows-whats
- A neat little control room and nice engineering areas
- Coffee machines, etc.BLOCKS (not counting docked entities): 1,120,000
POWER: 5,000,000 e/s - 115% stabilization
SHIELD: 42,900,000 HP - 2,433,000 HP/s net recharge
7 chambers, 100% reactor capacity
(A1) Base Shield Enhancement
(A2) Shield Capacity Lvl-2
(A3) Shield Outage Redux Lvl-2
(B) Transporter Shield Outage Reduction Lvl-2
(C1) Short-Range Scanner Base
(C2) Scanner Usage Durtation Permanent
(C3) Scanner Strength Lvl-3
Have fun with it and please share your opinion!
Hi, we have migrated servers and have done some backend reconfiguration. If you experience any issues, please report it in the "SMD Discussion" forum.Dismiss Notice
PetroFlux H56 Refueling & Repair Station v1.3
An industrial-style, multi-purpose shipyard station with a metric ton of nice features.
- Refitted to Systems 2.1 and substantially improved all around May 20, 2019
- Minor structural corrections Aug 15, 2017