Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #65

Here are the results of the first two days of working on a large-but-simple ship.

550-meter-long battleship inspired by MrGrey1's epic flagship, as well as a design that I randomly found with Google Images, shown below (don't know who to credit for that one, but it's a loose interpretation anyway).

2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png

1.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Thinking Positive
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #66

Turret arsenal and engines done. Not really inspired designs, but at least the execution is elegant enough.

And not at all well-thought-through choices in weaponry, but I don't care with this ship, I'm building it only for the benefits of the creative process.

Those are 13 units of a 2500-weapon-block, basic beam turret. Plus 14 AMS turrets (that probably aren't effective, but look cute).

8.png 9.png 10.png 11.png

7.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Thinking Positive
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #67

Recently updated my infamous "gas station" and the mighty old "sea dragon deity". Also released their highly reusable docked assets separately. Next up, you bet, the mythical Sobek Dreadnought, which has been standing in desperate need of an overhaul since pre-quickfire times.

The gas station
    Main entity: "PetroFlux" shipyard
    Its utility craft: "Exilis" pack
    Its heavy turrets: "Hercules" pack

The gas station.png

The sea dragon deity
    Main entity: "Watatsumi" battlecruiser
    Its support ship: "Horseshoe" stealth bomber
    Its heavy turrets: "Optimus" pack

The sea dragon deity.png

Reaction score
    how did you achieve the "portal" effect in the inner gate? is that just gloom, photoshopped or a special block?

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    how did you achieve the "portal" effect in the inner gate? is that just gloom, photoshopped or a special block?
    I'd assume it's some sort of transparent block, to keep the portal usable it'd have to be water, unless there's another transparent block without collisions

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Thinking Positive
    I'd assume it's some sort of transparent block, to keep the portal usable it'd have to be water, unless there's another transparent block without collisions

Water, indeed... There's a disc of water in the gate, illuminated on its perimeter by a ring of blue crystals.

When I was working on shielding this structure (having a shield block selected on the build palette), I noticed that the shield bubble visualization does not display behind the one-block-thick water membrane. I found both that visualization and the hole in it to be appealing, then tried to put it all against an interesting background. The best was a red giant star (admin-warped the station in front of one, dangerously close, using godmode).

Still have to reshoot that screenshot, with stabilizers and shield capacitors removed (to avoid those thin arrows).

Does anyone know how to screenshot a scene with the bubble, but without buildmode's yellow wirecube? (I must point at the membrane, and can't just remove water blocks out of the way, it's noticeable.)

Last edited:
    Reactions: MeRobo