Official Source of Blame
Hi there! Jake Lancia back for another Build Initiative; this time the Foundries require an industrial powerhouse of a ship. Once again, this will be a competition, with entries judged on a new scoring system detailed below.
Some pointers on what to add in your ship:
- The ship is meant to (look like) a mobile factory or refinery ship, its exact purpose is up to you but some ideas on what to add could be: Refinement of raw ores, block/component construction, or mobile shipyard, or any combination of the three.
- We recommend also including a subordinate ship/small fleet, some ideas could be: Mining drones, Trade/cargo drones, shuttlecraft for crew.
So, the rules for the competition are as follows:
- Ship entries should be uploaded to Starmade Community Content and linked in this thread.
- The size of your entries must not exceed 600m in any axis. This includes any docked entities in their resting positions*, as well as shootout rails and other "nonphysical" blocks.
- Your entry has to appear functional as a mobile factory/refinery ship, so it needs the appearance of a factory system or refinery of some kind.
- Weapons and turrets are allowed, but not necessary.
- Interior is required due to the ship's role/s; we will score your ship on the quality of the interior. We highly recommend at least a hangar area and a manufacturing area in your build.
- Other systems are not required. Feel free to leave space for systems, though.
- No modded blocks.
- There is a time limit of three (3) months after this thread is created to submit your entries; this will be on the
28th of August4th of September at 23:59/11:59pm UTC+1. Deadline extended by 1 week
- There is no limit on the amount of entries you can make; each entry will be judged on its own merits.
- The top entries will be reviewed via video review, and all submissions will be scored.
I will be opening up the Trident’s Corner discord so that contestants and others can discuss the entries, among other things. PM me here or on Discord for the link.
Exterior: 0/10 How good the exterior is
Interior: 0/10 How good the interior is
Purpose: 0/10 How well the ship fits its design brief (this also includes interaction/integration of the purpose of the ship)
Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.