Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    You're like the final boss of ship core access rooms... :)(y)

Thanks! :)
    I'll accept that title, but only because I built the core room below.
    It's from an unfinished titan, started and abandoned back in 2017. Not exactly elegant, but it's my most ambitious core room to date.

Constantinus core room.gif

(The robot inside the core sphere says, "They think I'm doing all the processing and stuff, while in fact I'm just playing my banjo all day long") :D

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    It's from an unfinished titan, started and abandoned back in 2017. Not exactly elegant, but it's my most ambitious core room to date.

(The robot inside the core sphere says, "They think I'm doing all the processing and stuff, while in fact I'm just playing my banjo all day long") :D
    Yeeeeesss.... THAAAAAAT room.

THAT room is exactly why I called you that.

Edit...
    Now you have to add that to your profile title area! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
    Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeeeeesss.... THAAAAAAT room.

THAT room is exactly why I called you that.

Edit...
    Now you have to add that to your profile title area! :ROFLMAO:

I probably should upload that core room on its own... Checked and found that I still have a blueprint of that room without the ship around it (wanted it to be an interior-first project, but then I started building the shell once I had the core room).

100% won't revisit that Constantinus ship it originates from (that was all built in an inelegant style very much not like what I find acceptable from myself nowadays). However, I might resurrect the "interior quest" idea of that project, one day...

Last edited:

colonel lacu

Gray, Red and black.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Gold
    • Purchased!

That's such a classic style and the lighting and colouring really fit the style amazingly.
    This reminds me a lot of Vega core room from Doom 2016.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That's such a classic style and the lighting and colouring really fit the style amazingly.
    This reminds me a lot of Vega core room from Doom 2016.

Thanks, glad you find it appealing :)

Back then, I personally used to commit certain design flaws that I since learned to avoid, but the textures and graphics of that older starmade often gives a nice nostalgic feel.

I wasn't familiar with the Vega core room you mentioned, but found this image of it... It sure looks superb, has that sci-fi horror atmosphere, and the creature-like centerpiece hanging on its own "tentacles" is such a cool design!

1712952157701.png

Reactions: Celotown777
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Randomly found an improvement that perfected a small invention of mine, BLUEPRINTS ATTACHED TO THIS POST.
    Used to call it "aperture door", but now I'm calling it "rodoor" (from rotor-door), because I want to keep that first name for a larger, 8-side version I'm planning.

starmade-screenshot-0000.png

Also found out, after all my years in starmade, that we can change the orientation of hazard stripe cubes via copy/rotate/paste. I was forced to try that after I docked the four door parts, and their stripes surprisingly formed a swastika (it's highlighted on the screenshot below, just for artistic purposes, I'm not some crazy extremist).

starmade-screenshot-0001.png

Attachments

Last edited:

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Also found out, after all my years in starmade, that we can change the orientation of hazard stripe cubes via copy/rotate/paste
    Fun fact: you used to be able to do that with just ctrl + mouse wheel but that functionality was lost years ago

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Fun fact: you used to be able to do that with just ctrl + mouse wheel but that functionality was lost years ago

I checked if this copy/rotate/paste method can unlock the useful-but-unavailable orientations of certain other blocks:
    displays, girders, activation gates, decorative pipes, buggy wooden plank wedges, etc.

It doesn't seem to work with any of the above, but I did manage to get warheads flip onto their sides, and to use that grill part of servers:

starmade-screenshot-0000.png starmade-screenshot-0001.png

Last edited:
    Reactions: MeRobo
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Finally made a prototype for a rail/logic thing I imagined some time ago: a drawing machine.

Had to restrict it to a 50x50 drawing surface, because all the logic connections are already a bit too much for my system (there's a column of 8 linked blocks for each "pixel", plus the global reset function adds a lot of connections too). For some reason, it stopped detecting the "stylus" after a few seconds on each test run I did.

Will definitely revisit this once I get a better computer, upscale it to at least 100x100, and make a X/Y linear variant too.

starmade-screenshot-0000.jpg starmade-screenshot-0001.jpg

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I checked if this copy/rotate/paste method can unlock the useful-but-unavailable orientations of certain other blocks
    IIRC, this is the method I use to place cargo space blocks decoratively. Never even considered it could have other applications.
    (I'd check myself, if I wasn't out of town)

That drawing machine is incredible though.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    IIRC, this is the method I use to place cargo space blocks decoratively. Never even considered it could have other applications.
    (I'd check myself, if I wasn't out of town)

That drawing machine is incredible though.
    I went through the creative mode inventory, and checked all of the relevant blocks that either have no orientation selection at all, or have only a few options (often 6 out of the 24 possible orientations).

The only ones that yield extra orientations via copy-rotate-paste are warheads, hazard cubes and decorative screens/ switchboards/ servers/ computers.

Glad you like the drawing machine :) It's just an array of trigger area blocks that indirectly activate a single plex door below them. The entity that serves as stylus must not be docked to the drawing surface entity, and it just reciprocates all the way back and forth on a revolving arm. The thing could draw different radially symmetric patterns, depending on the ratio between the speeds of reciprocation and revolution. Just have to scale up the design, and test it on a better PC.

I made a real, motorized one of these last year, out of Lego Technic parts... A version with linear X/Y axes would also be interesting (could do randomized rectilinear shapes out of one-block-thick lines, if only one axis would move at a time).

Last edited: