Reaction score
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #41

Something new again. Dived into another heavy ship project. This is my first serious large ship since the Sobek Dreadnought (the finished version of which was released almost a year ago; and I don't count that abandoned Orcinus cruiser as a serious project anymore).

It will be around 400m long, with ample turret firepower, and maybe a fighter fleet carried in internal hangar spaces. Tried to reproduce my Lobster Frigate's armor plating style for the nose, and already made some new 90,000-DPS cannon turrets (shown in the last image).

The screenshots below represent its first four days of construction progress; colors only temporary. Wish me luck, cause I sure as hell don't want to end up losing all ambition again, cause I think this start is already good enough that it would deserve completing.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #42

Cute shape!
    Thanks! :D I tried my best. Here's some more progress on it:

Since the last update, I managed to enclose the hull. Did a repaint and started microdetailing. I still have a long way to go with microdetails, still might change colors, and still have to build the engines. I also have to find a new name for it, because a quick search has revealed that there are already at least three other "Ulysses" ships on the Dock (latinised version of "Odysseus").

Nonetheless, construction is progressing good. It already has 17 units of a 600-DPS anti-missile turret mounted all around. 7 units of a 90,000-DPS machine gun turret (six on the ship's underside, one on the top way back). An artillery cannon turret atop, which can fire two 1,800,000-damage projectiles every 15 seconds. Plus six onboard weapon outputs.

Might swap the weapons in some of the ventral heavy turrets to beams, and who knows, if the QuickFire config gets officially implemented, I might have to drastically redesign the systems of each of these three types of turrets. Anyways, focus is on the hull for now, after which I'll proceed to interior design :)

9.png 10.png 11.png 12.png 13.png 14.png

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    I absolutely love your build style, the attention to detail is astounding. Keep up the amazing work!

Reaction score
    I absolutely love your build style, the attention to detail is astounding. Keep up the amazing work!
    Thank you very much, your appreciation is appreciated, and your noticing of the attention to detail in my work indicates attention to detail on your part too, which is always good.

You keep up the amazing work too, I've seen that you resumed on your famous titan's thread, I'll keep an eye on it ;)

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    PROGRESS UPDATE POST #43

Traditional reposting of a CC upload, try it out in-game for the ultimate experience: Brimstone-L7 Advanced Salvager

Also, I'm planning to try myself at building a small fleet of uniformly styled ships, my first attempt at a purpose-built fleet (inspired by a new video of Tshara, as on many previous occasions).

Last edited: