Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    The spoiler just makes me laugh. It make no sense at all but it does fit the ship design.

I know, right? :D

I showed the ship to my brother, and we agreed that we probably played too much Need for Speed games as kids :)

Although, this ship is meant to be able to enter and fly in planetary atmospheres, where the spoiler would have an aerodynamic effect (likely a catastrophic one, lol).

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    I feel like the 'spoiler' would make sense for fine attitude adjustments to level flight in atmosphere as thrust vectoring via the pods might be to aggressive.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Finished this ship around the same time I got through all three seasons of the Dark Matter series it drew inspiration from, indirectly.

Here's a shot of the new Isaac-class hovercraft resting in the (unfinished) shipyard of the MIC-583 mobile industrial complex.

1.png

Isaac's core room -- asymmetrically layed out within the interior, with its own set of windows -- is one of the most atmospheric I ever built.

2.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I fully intend to reproduce this ship, in its exterior entirety, in StarMade.

Can't tell why, it just seems doable and worthwhile.

(It's a random warship model of a certain "Ferrous Corp" from the Dark Matter series, took the screenshots for later inspiration)

Stay tuned for much, much more.

Ferrous Corp ship front.png

Ferrous Corp ship rear.png

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Recently reminded myself how good StarMade is for occupying oneself while going through the discographies of bands you're not that familiar with, but were always curious about... Even though I feel the end is near for my involvement in this game, it's still so much fun to see your sci-fi machine visions realized in 3D! :D

Here are some randomly googled turret designs I aim to recreate loosely (I've done this only once before, with a ship):
    2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

You can download the one I already built: Behemoth 50K turret

1.jpg 1.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Recently reminded myself how good StarMade is for occupying oneself while going through the discographies of bands you're not that familiar with, but were always curious about... Even though I feel the end is near for my involvement in this game, it's still so much fun to see your sci-fi machine visions realized in 3D! :D

Here are some randomly googled turret designs I aim to recreate loosely (I've done this only once before, with a ship):
    View attachment 62411 View attachment 62412 View attachment 62413 View attachment 62414 View attachment 62415

You can download the one I already built: Behemoth 50K turret

View attachment 62410 View attachment 62417
    You see this? This right here? ☝:oops:

This is what you call "Beauty of the Beast".

It probably fires something ridiculous like, 1200 mm sub-light depleted uranium fragmentation shells.

It's simultaneously one of the most gorgeous and most terrifying pieces of weaponry I've ever laid eyes on.

Outstanding work as usual!

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You see this? This right here? ☝:oops:

This is what you call "Beauty of the Beast".

It probably fires something ridiculous like, 1200 mm sub-light depleted uranium fragmentation shells.

It's simultaneously one of the most gorgeous and most terrifying pieces of weaponry I've ever laid eyes on.

Outstanding work as usual!

Thanks! :D
    I put as much work into the shaping and detail of this turret as I would have into a corvette or something (after all, it's on that scale).

But I'm not sure how lethal it is. To match the barrel style, a rapid-fire cannon setup was chosen, which isn't as powerful as it could be... Also, I once saw a starmade turret literally several times the size of this, so yeah, not even close to being the deadliest out there.

Reactions: jontyfreack
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Just thought I'd show off this uncanny sight from the early stage of a new project: building a new body around the rail&logic skeleton of my Samurai Mech.

I wanted to do it this way (remove-filter-tooling armor and decor) out of lazy reluctance to design moving parts anew, but now I think it will become a unique challenge of its own.

Check out the original: SAMURAI MECH

1.gif