- Feb 1, 2015
- Reaction score
WOW these machine parts look absolutely amazing! I kind of want to build a space-steampunk station with those templates!PROGRESS UPDATE POST #21
The new station is taking shape... Let me explain stuff in steps, a little per each picture:
1) I've extended it sideways quite a bit. The new lateral parts of the structure will require more of those huge glass capsules with the blue glow (they are the shield rechargers), but I think I will be able to cover the whole thing with just four additional ones. Also, note the four grey octagons on those vertical framework pillars in the foreground - some of the station's medium-size offensive turrets will sit atop those.
View attachment 48758
2) I've surpassed what I originally predicted in the previous post; the station became 521 long, 861 wide, and 170 tall. Unlike my previous shipyard station (PetroFlux H56 Refueling & Repair), this one has its shipyard aligned with the galactic North (the orientation assumed by ships when we press 'C' in flight mode). Below we are looking at it from the rear, and as you can see, its asymmetry is already emerging.
Left side: industrial yard / Right side: repair docks for smaller ships
View attachment 48759
3) Before I started building this station, I wanted to make a down-scaled model to see the general structure of the thing. But then I ended up focusing only on how buildings and machinery would be arranged on the final station's industrial yard. This was a very quick job, it's mostly made of templates from older projects.
View attachment 48760
4) Since the model was built onto a ship core, I've flown it to where such buildings and detail elements will reside in the real thing.
View attachment 48761
5) The model turned out to be not-so-miniature after all. These represent the actual scale of what will be found at this industrial yard part of the station, which will be able to accommodate around 9x the area of the mock-up below (9x this amount of stuff, but on roughly the same scale). In its final form, this industrial yard will be INSANE - ridiculously detailed and as realistic as possible in StarMade. I have a long list of fun and extremely immersive roleplay features to add. And I must say, if you like the industrial style as much as I do, than you will love this.
View attachment 48762
6) And here's a final shot. I like this view so much. This is the side where the repair docks for smaller ships will be, with extendable/retractable refueling pipes and some of the renewed astrotech repair system.
As for its name... I had a name, one very close to my heart, for a long while, without something to attach it to:
The 'StormRefuge' Industrial Complex - which will very likely be my StarMade masterpiece if the construction goes as planned.
Wish me luck, and don't hesitate to share your thoughts about it if you would like to see it finished!
View attachment 48757
That would be so cool!
PS had an eye on the science station a good while now, however it's so big showing it might be best done in a stream ^^