Newbies Guide to Factions V2.0

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Welcome t0 Newbies Guide to factions!

Hello, this is a listing of factions you can join if you are a new player or looking to play with a group of people

But first what is a faction?

Well basically its another word for a group of people playing together under a form of leadership be it republican or Totalitarian.

You can expect factions to contain many forms of players who are all working towards the betterment of their faction and members as a team.

Factions are a great place to learn and can be a place of friendship and teamwork.

In order to join one you must be accepted to join via their faction post

Date of Creation: July 22nd, 2012
    Servers they play on: GenXNova.
    Ship type: Aesthetic looking "Jack of all trade" ships
    Ideology: Freedom!
    Part of the "Nest of Orion" Alliance
    Info:

NFD is a hugely respected faction by many and are well known.
    You might have heard about them from the servers they play on or their main faction post.

They seem to like peace and through forming allies they have kept peace between themselfs and others.

Though they dislike anyone who disturbs that peace they will not attack in large force unless you do something quite bad.

They are fantastic ship builders and their leader is widely known. Their member's opinions seem to be respected and taken into account in major faction decisions and small ones alike regardless of rank.

They are an old faction and they seem to have been here for as long as any other faction

If you like dem freedoms! and wish to have a place in a well working faction then NFD is for you. They have many roles you may fill it seems and they even have their own faction build server something not many have.

Though they may have wars to fight it is not their interest so don't join if you like heavy PVP.

Its more of a "jack of all trades" faction they have a bit of everything including but not limited to RP PVP PVE and ship building
    Link to their main post here

Date of Creation: November 23rd, 2014
    Servers they play on: GenXnova
    Ideology: Social anarchism.

The Thryn seem to be quite a focused faction. Engineers by trade they like tinkering with their ships and fighting with nice looking ships.

They seem to be like germans. They make things last! And indeed they have fallen in combat like all other factions at one point, but that hasn't halted the factions progress.

They have high standards for their members and require respect and maturity to join.
    You also must be an experienced player as they do not like having to correct you or tell you what to do and for the most part they allow their members to do what they wish
    Members are able to use their own ships if they wish.

They have a teamspeak though do require members to use it in times of combat however don't require it at all times.
    They also use skype.

An engineering faction good for joining if you just want a bunch of friends to hang with as they do not require you to do anything other then to help defend the faction

Link to their main post here

Date of Creation: Unknown
    Servers they play on: Unknown
    Ideology: Unknown

This faction is based off the real House Dimir from Magic: The gathering. A role playing faction and by the looks of it quite a good one too.

Since it's based off the real House Dimir I am going to also base the details of this faction from a wiki I found.

"House Dimir is one of the ten guilds of Ravnica. It is a guild of secrecy, manipulation and underhanded deals, a shadowy organization operating behind the scenes to twist Ravnica to its own ends.

The guild provides espionage, smuggling, burglary, counter-intelligence, assassination and other illegal services for the Ravnican populace, although its patrons are unaware that they are in fact employing the guild, instead thinking they are employing guildless mercenaries or another guild such as the Rakdos.

The guild is so secretive that even its own agents often do not know who they truly work for"

The faction post does however say this:

"While House Dimir is themed after the guild from Magic, it does not go as far as the Dimir of Ravnica does in regards to secrecy and deception.

We do not operate on as strictly a need-to-know basis as our namesake, nor do we employ players without even their knowledge"

This faction seems to be the one if you like spying and roleplay from magic the gathering. Their intentions are unknown and total power is also unknown..

Its what you don't know or see that will get you!

Link to their post here

Date of Creation: 12th February 2014
    Part of the "Nest of Orion" Alliance
    Ideology: Freedoms!

This faction (Like many of the Orion factions) likes peace and maintains a mighty military to keep that peace

They have a very high building standard and their ships reflect that.

They are rather new when it comes to the political scene.

They seem to export most of their ships to other factions (though it's unknown what factions) and have shipbuilders as well as pilots to fly them.

They predominantly UK based faction using GMT time but will accept anyone who can join the servers they play on.

They are a solid faction to join if you like the sound of NFD but don't want to be in a larger faction.

Link to their post here

Ideology: Totalitarian

Glorious Dovan Empire Is a small tech empire on the outer rim of the known factions and as such they are small but that doesn't mean they are weak!

Primarily a PVP faction they focus on tech to make up for their lack of raw numbers and seem to like humor lots of it.

Since their founding they seem to have not changed at all and if you like the look of it so far know that according to many this faction will remain loyal to its founding policies

A small respectable faction good for all ages this could be the faction to join if you'd like to stay away from the superpowers that be while still having strength and still doing pvp this is likely the choice for people who want a close nit guild

Link to their faction post here

Servers they play on: Shattered Skies
    Ideology: Capitalism

The Khanid Domain faction has its focus not on pvp or pve or role play but as simple traders however they are not carebears and will not give into tribute demands and will defend themselfs in their own right

They are based on a bit of lore (Khanid being a race of people) but have their focus on trading

They are neutral to all factions

If you want a place away from all the troubles of other larger factions and also don't really want to focus on pvp pve or rp and just want to focus on trading and defending then this would be the faction to join

Date of creation: Unknown
    Servers they play on: Shatttered Skies
    Ideology: Freedom?

"A faction seeking to combine smaller factions into a galactic coalition against the Helkan Imperium to challenge their rule in the galaxy"

Bloodstained empire's only focus in life is to rebel against the Helkan Imperium

Though they may be smaller then Helkan they are not to be joked about and their resolve is their biggest strength.

if you have the will needed to resist such a large faction and want to go all rebel vs empire this would be the faction to join... In other words...

Join the resistance today!

Date of creation: Unknown
    Servers they play on: Shatttered Skies, NFD Build Server
    Ideology: Freedom/Peacful

This function is primarily concerned with building at this current time as they don't feel they are established enough to begin PVP but likely will when they are.

They are also one of the few factions that are not based off a tv show or any kind of pre existing lore and have their own unique build style and color scheme.

As such members may have a difficult time getting their ships into the faction's main fleet however they are likely willing to accept your design if it adheres to the overall style of the faction.

Date of Creation: 2nd of September, 2015
    Servers they play on: SystemHack and Vyzion Gaming with influence on NFD build server.
    Ideology: Theocracy

This faction has a ton of lore and just by reading their recruitment topic you can tell they are putting a huge amount of effort into lore creation and structuring.

Currently they are growing rather fast, They have a small growing military that is powerful enough to defend themselves but they primarily focus on trading and diplomatic methods to resolve conflict of interest.

Their rank system is rather robust and will be able to handle a large influx of players if need be.

Members are free it seems to do what they wish so long as it isn't turning their guns on the faction.
    They have many roles to fill including mining, engineering, base building, leadership roles, And likely fleet ops.

If you are interested in supporting a growing lore based, detailed, and well organized faction you can find their topic here

If you want your faction on here please post below with a link to your faction's forum post and provide extra detail such as date of founding and what you are about completing a suggestion format can and will help me.

Suggestion Format:
    Name of faction:
    Date of Creation:
    Servers they play on:
    Ideology:
    Timezone:
    Majority location: (I.E Most of your members are from the U.S.A)
    Desc:
    A desc of your faction and its goals.

This area will be checked for facts or claims and if it can not be proven by links it will be removed.
    Any disputed information after posting will cause the desc to be edited if the dispute is not settled
    Suggestions and feedback welcome below.

We will not post about the following in order to keep it neutral:
    State of relations with other factions
    Events or victories
    Details of your faction like 'we are the most powerful faction EVAR!

And finally all desc written by a faction itself will have the following tag:
    This Desc was written by the faction in question.

All of this is in place to prevent dishonorable conduct and all policies stated can be disputed
    If you disagree with anything in this post please state below why and post information that supports your claim

An independent investigation into the legitimacy of this claim will be launched and if found correct the text in question WILL be edited.

Honorable Mentions:
    Eurocorp Syndicate - RIP
    The Helkan Imperium - RIP
    Cobalt Royalty - RIP
    Dread Syndicate - RIP
    Lateo Industries - RIP

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The CR is a very, very old faction, and a lot of the veteran players you will see here on the forums have been in it at some point or another. There is not as much a lack of detail, as so much that no one can be bothered to go through it all. If you want to try, I'll give you a few links...
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/calderon-republic-open-pvp-building-diplomacy-mining.4605/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-calderon-republic-needs-you.1941/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/calderon.300/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-odium-pact-si-vis-pacem-para-bellum.4559/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/odium-pact-si-vis-pacem-para-bellum.4930/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-odium-pact.2355/

The one you already have...
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/cobalt-royalty-recruiting-eve-themed-pvp-faction.6256/

And then the stuff on the old forums
    http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/calderon-republic-finally-we-have-returned

I'm sure I've missed some things, that some things have been deleted, or lost to the sands of time. But seriously, if you can go through all of that and not have some idea of how old and 'detailed' we are, than talk to TwoNiner(Founder, Ex-Member), Aceface(Current Leader), or Leanson(Previous Leader, Ex-Member).

Also we are not a republic anymore

EDIT - Aceface says we are a meritocracy.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The CR is a very, very old faction, and a lot of the veteran players you will see here on the forums have been in at at some point or another. There is not as much a lack of detail, as so much that no one can be bothered to go through it all. If you want to try, I'll give you a few links...
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/calderon-republic-open-pvp-building-diplomacy-mining.4605/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-calderon-republic-needs-you.1941/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/calderon.300/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-odium-pact-si-vis-pacem-para-bellum.4559/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/odium-pact-si-vis-pacem-para-bellum.4930/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-odium-pact.2355/

The one you already have...
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/cobalt-royalty-recruiting-eve-themed-pvp-faction.6256/

And then the stuff on the old forums
    http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/calderon-republic-finally-we-have-returned

I'm sure I've missed some things, that some things have been deleted, or lost to the sands of time. But seriously, if you can go through all of that and not have some idea of how old and 'detailed' we are, than talk to TwoNiner(Founder, Ex-Member), Aceface(Current Leader), or Leanson(Previous Leader, Ex-Member).

I am indeed willing to put effort into recovering these items. I will look into this. Thank you.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I think its safe and fair to say that AAs Ideology is Militaristic.

House Dimir play on GenXNova along side the other Nest of Orion Factions.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think its safe and fair to say that AAs Ideology is Militaristic.

House Dimir play on GenXNova along side the other Nest of Orion Factions.
    I don't assume to know what their ideology is unless one of their high rank commanders tell me

Update: Just been told by blackhawk that atlas is Meritocracy; Oligarchy

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Cobalt Royalty is on GenXNova. The Odium factions have abandoned Elwyn for Shattered Skies/GenXNova, according to Nuclear Doughnut.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Also just found this http://calderonrepublic.wix.com/calderon-republic. Apparently we have our own website...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437417000,1437416968][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Can confirm this, haven't been playing on EE at all.
    Lol That website was originally commissioned during Calderon's First Return. Since then I gave the password and email associated with that site to AceFace.

I would like to point out that for the most part the site is still using the text written on it when it was originally constructed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Lol That website was originally commissioned during Calderon's First Return. Since then I gave the password and email associated with that site to AceFace.

I would like to point out that for the most part the site is still using the text written on it when it was originally constructed.
    I was going for comprehensive stuff, we will be updating that eventually
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437418399,1437417277][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Speaking of which, could you PM the information needed to edit to that site to me? Aceface is too busy to look for it.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I added you but please don't make me regret it.

Last thing I need is AceFace chewing me out because I didn't consult him.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Cobalt Royalty has had some love with abit of research on my part.

Post updated. Please correct mistakes you find and suggest the correction below.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Cobalt Royalty has had some love with abit of research on my part.

Post updated. Please correct mistakes you find and suggest the correction below.
    Cobalt has technically been revived around 4 times as TwoNiner sort of just disappeared right after the first revival leaving Leanson to carry it onward.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Cobalt has technically been revived around 4 times as TwoNiner sort of just disappeared right after the first revival leaving Leanson to carry it onward.
    Is this a necessary technicality? It isn't a history of factions thread (Which I do intend to do at some point)

This thread is intended for new people after all :)

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    There is a history of factions thing already.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is a history of factions thing already.
    Well, Im going around putting V2.0 on things why not that?

I wanted to do that for this forum because I can personally remember history for a few server side factions from redshift (RIP Redshift)

And I have far to much time then is good for my own sake.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Is this a necessary technicality? It isn't a history of factions thread (Which I do intend to do at some point)

This thread is intended for new people after all :)
    The number changes all the time.
    Basically we have been around so long that no one remembers exactly how many gaps there are in that timeline, because so few people have seen more than their own brief membership in it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The number changes all the time.
    Basically we have been around so long that no one remembers exactly how many gaps there are in that timeline, because so few people have seen more than their own brief membership in it.
    Lets keep it to stuff we can prove. I can PROVE that they reformed and restarted 2 times.

If you can link more history that sights all the times they reform or restart then we will update the number. I want to not base it off anyones own facts that may or may not be correct

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Lets keep it to stuff we can prove. I can PROVE that they reformed and restarted 2 times.

If you can link more history that sights all the times they reform or restart then we will update the number. I want to not base it off anyones own facts that may or may not be correct
    Talk to TwoNiner himself, he has been in all iterations of the faction, and many would argue caused most of the falls himself. Plus he founded the faction, so he's a pretty reliable source for history, if nothing else. Also possibly talk to Leanson, he's been playing for a very long time and led Calderon several times, even if he isn't here now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Talk to TwoNiner himself, he has been in all iterations of the faction, and many would argue caused most of the falls himself. Plus he founded the faction, so he's a pretty reliable source for history, if nothing else. Also possibly talk to Leanson, he's been playing for a very long time and led Calderon several times, even if he isn't here now.
    I will attempt to get in contact with them
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437423711,1437422563][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated Atlas Alliance as their leader gave me a desc for it.

It is still purely objective though, I see nothing wrong with it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This one is vastly superior to the other. You did a better job at describing the factions in an unbiased way. I'd say go ahead and add the DS :)