-Odium Pact- Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.

Reaction score

Http://www.odiumpact.com

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    If you want peace, prepare for war.

The Odium Pact is one of the oldest and longest running alliance agreements in Starmade. We follow a philosophy that diplomacy solves nothing that the only way conflicts can be solved is through war. We are tight-nit brotherhood that finds solace in the depths of our own galaxy running as a finely tuned machine. We seek to bring order and respect to the galaxy through actions alone in hopes of one day achieving a peaceful community without drama or strife.We strive to become more than an alliance but a working society. The only way this can be achieved is through war....and with war alone we shall bring about this revolution.

Note: The Odium Pact will now act as one unit, if one of us is attacked, expect the onslaught of all the factions.
    (these are subject to change based on votes for new policies. Be advised that none of these policies are set in stone and can be skipped in certain instances.)

Odium Philosophy
    -Speak softly carry a big stick ( FDR Foreign Policy Speech)
    -Facta Non Verba (Deeds not Words) Actions speak louder.
    -Sun Tzu: Art of War
    -Lex talionis "eye for an eye"
    -"A time for choosing" Ronald Reagan

Code of Conduct
    - Griefing will not be tolerated
    - Bullying of smaller factions is prohibited
    - No faction shall speak for the entire Odium Pact
    - Forum warriors will not be tolerated, Facta Non Verba.
    - Discrimination of any type is absolutely prohibited.

Faction Requirements
    -Each faction will have a VOIP Program( Primarily Teamspeak) (mics not required)
    -Each faction will have an organized ranking system.
    -Each faction will have a recruit/training program
    -Each faction will attend a weekly meeting with officers only.
    -Each faction will have their own fleets/built ships

Wish to join the pact? It's this simple post your application in this format and prepare for an interview on
    teamspeak: vs24.tserverhq.com:7020

Signing of the Pact
    Faction Name:
    Active Members:
    Voice IP:
    Leadership:
    Style of Faction:
    Previous Wars (if any):
    Faction Skills:

Allied Factions
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/✪atlas-armament✪-actively-hiring.6156/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-vaygr-empire-currently-recruiting.151/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/cobalt-royalty.6256/
    Event Horizon (Forum link to come)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    quick quip: have you actually read the book "art of war"? you might want to make that a requirement for everyone in the pact before making that your "philosophy." lots of the text in the actual book is about winning a war without having to lift a weapon.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Yup, I was made to read the entire book. Many times before this war started I warned and persuaded to quit the actions that causef it. Instead people continue in their ways thus the only option is war

Why make such a dull requirement, people come to odium to fight wars. Not read. Most of the leaders are already well versed in how to conduct war....on Odiums side anyway

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    well for a thing to be part of your philosophy, everyone needs to be familiar with the thing. the art of war as being part of your philosophy means the entirety of sun tzu's book. thus people who haven't read it don't understand that part of your philosophy even if they believe they do at a first glance. and the tactics i've received news of seems to have not been very informed by this philosophy of yours. so it is best for your entire pact to read the darn book so you know how to conduct war in a way that actually fits your philosophy.

Reaction score
    So did you learn to speak english by reading a book or generally because it was passed down to you through people talking in it around you. A philosophy can be learned without reading a book.

Now if you wish to discuss this further take it to PM this is an Alliance Recruitment thread

Reactions: aceface

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The only philosophy that matters is gun. And MOAR gun if necessary.

Seriously, go shoot stuff ingame. It's a lot more fun then forum warrioring without actually doing anything constructive.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    i only enjoy building. the fighting can be fun for some but i'm just not into it.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Even building is constructive for fighting. Anyone* can bring doomcubes* into battle, it takes a special kind of faction* to walk in with ships that look amazing* and tear* everyone* around* them* a* new* one*.

*these comments are not intended to incite flame, indicate anything about any factions involved in this and other threads.
    edit; added more stars.

Reaction score
    So may I ask what the nightmare is considered? Not to be rude but that seemed like a doom cube to me.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    A ship CynicalCatalyst made, probably a destroyer or something.

Reaction score
    I was a bit rushed to finish the ship, that's only a prototype. I intend on adding a lot more detail once I have the time and resources again.

Also, if anything, its octogon shape insinuates a "Doomogon." With cat ears. It's based off this guy:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/217/5/e/Nightmare_by_Green042.jpg

It takes me a while to get real detailing done, usually a couple of months that include "I wonder how this would look on it?" until I'm finally happy enough to say it came from an SSC shipyard.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I was a bit rushed to finish the ship, that's only a prototype. I intend on adding a lot more detail once I have the time and resources again.

Also, if anything, its octogon shape insinuates a "Doomogon." With cat ears. It's based off this guy:

It takes me a while to get real detailing done, usually a couple of months that include "I wonder how this would look on it?" until I'm finally happy enough to say it came from an SSC shipyard.
    You should add more detailing and make it less like a doomogon. If we are going to fight it, make it look cool you know. I don't want to be killed by a ugly ship.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

Just as a word of advice, details aren't everything. I'd even go as far as saying that shape is more important. A polished turd is still a turd.

Not saying that your ship is a turd, don't get me wrong (I haven't seen it). What I mean is this:
    • Bad shape + good detail = ok ship
    • Good shape + minor/no detail = good ship (shape compensates for detail in this case)
    • Good shape + good detail = god ship
    For example, refirendum 's ships have epic shape and epic detail (that matches the ship), that's why they are so bloody amazing!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    no. my ships are absolute junk. aesthetically they're a cobble of junk and systems-wise they're also kind of a cobble of junk. i'm proud of my cobble of junk because so far it's the best ive done but it doesn't change that it's a cobble of junk.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What about my junk? When I get off of work I will post a pic here. It needs more power!! As all ships do.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    no. my ships are absolute junk. aesthetically they're a cobble of junk and systems-wise they're also kind of a cobble of junk. i'm proud of my cobble of junk because so far it's the best ive done but it doesn't change that it's a cobble of junk.
    *bitch slaps ref*

Oh HELL no. No starmade version of "I'm not pretty" bullshite from you! Your ships are epic, deal with it.

And if your ships are junk, what does that make our ships? Super junk?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    *bitch slaps ref*

Oh HELL no. No starmade version of "I'm not pretty" bullshite from you! Your ships are epic, deal with it.

And if your ships are junk, what does that make our ships? Super junk?
    your ships are plenty more organized than mine. you actually plan shit out. mine are a jumble of ideas that pop into my head over time. yours has a plan and is constructed according to your vision rather than a "i'll cross that bridge when i get to it" approach my ships have had in their construction. so no. my ships are junk. well disguised junk but still junk. i'm still waiting on myself to build something that isn't junk for once.

Reactions: Drill_Sergeant
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    your ships are plenty more organized than mine. you actually plan shit out. mine are a jumble of ideas that pop into my head over time. yours has a plan and is constructed according to your vision rather than a "i'll cross that bridge when i get to it" approach my ships have had in their construction. so no. my ships are junk. well disguised junk but still junk. i'm still waiting on myself to build something that isn't junk for once.
    That's how I build my ships lmao, I just jumble ideas together and build on the go.

Reaction score
    Just as a word of advice, details aren't everything. I'd even go as far as saying that shape is more important. A polished turd is still a turd.

Not saying that your ship is a turd, don't get me wrong (I haven't seen it). What I mean is this:
    • Bad shape + good detail = ok ship
    • Good shape + minor/no detail = good ship (shape compensates for detail in this case)
    • Good shape + good detail = god ship
    For example, refirendum 's ships have epic shape and epic detail (that matches the ship), that's why they are so bloody amazing!
    All my ships are polished turds, but they sure as hell are functional! :P I try to avoid the whole "Cubage" thing too by trying to add more than one type of polygon. If I wasn't so secretive of my built designs you'd see in all of them that curves aren't exactly my thing... Is it an issue? Possibly. Who knows?

I don't plan on overloading it with detail either, just adding things I left out of my sketches. If you're interested as a fellow ship builder, you can see all sketches that I didn't manage to lose track of here:

https://imgur.com/a/2PFAh

I don't mind sharing them since either the ships are half-built, decommissioned for not being functional, or the blueprint is lost. Thanks for the advice too!