Newbies Guide to Factions V2.0

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This one is vastly superior to the other. You did a better job at describing the factions in an unbiased way. I'd say go ahead and add the DS :)
    And I'd say objective! Can't be objective if you make the facts! :)

Fun aside DS should stay out of this thread as I want this to be neutral grounds.

But, If enough people request it then yes I will add it.

As always feedback is welcome.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    And I'd say objective! Can't be objective if you make the facts! :)

Fun aside DS should stay out of this thread as I want this to be neutral grounds.

But, If enough people request it then yes I will add it.

As always feedback is welcome.
    If you do put it up there, it should be entirely a description made by people from other factions

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    If you do put it up there, it should be entirely a description made by people from other factions

"A faction based around fighting anything and everyone but under honorable rules the Dread Syndicate are heavy PvPers. Pick this faction for PvP if you want to avoid joining a large alliance."

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The history and founding date of dread syndicate was longer then we were here. The clan was founded in 2009 and joined starmade in 2012-2013.

However bluerain never started a faction on redshift called bluerain instead I was 2th in command for awhile inside a faction named "Blade falcon" And mostly ran under that banner until its fall and then created another faction called bluerain later renamed DS

If a desc was to be given to DS it would be from people inside the faction who have been here since that date.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The history and founding date of dread syndicate was longer then we were here. The clan was founded in 2009 and joined starmade in 2012-2013 under the name "Bluerain" It then continued until it was renamed and then made forumside.

If a desc was to be given to DS it would be from people inside the faction who have been here since that date.

And since there is no way to prove facts about DS in a purely objective way when most factions hate you....

Yeah not a good idea either way.
    I think I did a good job. Also DS isnt hated just warred with. I think most can agree that DS's actions thus far have stayed true to honorable and honor is something to be admired.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    wanted to do that for this forum because I can personally remember history for a few server side factions from redshift (RIP Redshift)
    Like I said before, a History of Redshift Factions would be awesome.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    And since there is no way to prove facts about DS in a purely objective way when most factions hate you....
    Wait...
    So some guy in a faction which most factions hate tried to make a page to present an objective view of large factions. You then denounced him for making the page, saying that because his faction is mostly hated it couldn't be objective, and proceeded to make something which is pretty much the same idea. And now you say it is hard to be objective because most people hate your faction.

So aren't we right back where we started?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Trident Industries section has been updated with extra detail given to me by Jamster0000
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437426169,1437426104][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Wait...
    So some guy in a faction which most factions hate tried to make a page to present an objective view of large factions. You then denounced him for making the page, saying that because his faction is mostly hated it couldn't be objective, and proceeded to make something which is pretty much the same idea. And now you say it is hard to be objective because most people hate your faction.

Wut?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    He is saying he cant be objective of himself and his faction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    He is saying he cant be objective of himself and his faction.
    soooo...?
    Wait...

Never said it was hard to be objective because of hate.

I said it is hard to remain objective about your own faction when you are the one who is the proof and there isn't much in terms of current info on dread syndicate on this forum atc.

Adding DS i feel would require me to back up my own statements and as of yet dread syndicate hasn't done much nor do we have a large faction post with a timeline atc.

If you guys would like to write a desc of the faction go ahead and i will add it.

Its also 9:14AM and I havn't slept so I may be missing something

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Never said it was hard to be objective because of hate.
    Aaaaahhhh where was it...
    Dread Syndicate Denounces Odium Pact

Dread Syndicate's leaders have decleared that Odium Pact is not to be trusted.

This is due to the pact's dishonorable conduct such as creating alts to spread flame wars and start sh*t with other factions.

As well as other things my attention hasn't been given too as of yet.

RedAlert is in fact Zer03 and due to the nature of the post and what it is intended for dread syndicate will be moving away from "Odium pact"

The post "Newbies Guide to Factions" is intended to promote Odium pact and make them look less bad then they really are.

A true post that helps Newbies to find factions was not the intention, If it was maybe their rep would indeed have gone UP when news broke this is an alt of Red Alert as to be fair most of the desc is correct apart from the glearing lack of info for all other factions BUT odium factions.

This is dishonorable conduct and truth above all else will prevail

I have nothing against being an asshole but if you are not man enough to put up with the result of your own actions then don't go slandering factions and hiding behind "NP" thread settings.

Our faction will not stand for dishonorable conduct. If you are not going to be mature about it we have no business with you

And on that bombshell I leave you proof of what I speak of.

Fight honorably stand until the end never because that is what you are remembered by when you are gone.
    Where your proof is basically a video of someone baiting an Odium member into saying they made a relatively neutral thread, all things considered, for the purpose of having a description of factions that wasn't horribly biased against Odium. This you interpreted as saying that they were making a non-objective, pro-Odium page because of hate from other people. IE, you said that it could not be objective, because Odium is hated.
    And that Odium is hated is obvious from what you have admitted, that sometimes when people from Odium post things other factions tend to start flame wars causing faction leaders to get banned, oddly only on the side that is evidently hated.

I said it is hard to remain objective about your own faction when you are the one who is the proof and there isn't much in terms of current info on dread syndicate on this forum atc.

Adding DS i feel would require me to back up my own statements and as of yet dread syndicate hasn't done much nor do we have a large faction post with a timeline atc.
    Now, before we start typing angrily in response to what I just said, let's take a deep breath, wait a minute, and read the rest of what i have to say. I admit that the earlier piece is a mite bit inflammatory, but what it is response to is also a mite bit inflammatory, and it would be easy to spiral downward from there.

You see, the other part of your response was to create a nice, neutral, detailed, and altogether superior version of what RedAlert was trying to do, and so I think that you are far, far more respectable, and decent than many of the people on these forums. It's hard not to respect that.

Here's what I see reading through this page
    As you talk about DS , it makes me start to feel that the denunciation quoted here is hypocritical, and that irks me. While you have certainly done a better job than RedAlert, and been far more honest about it, the circumstances you have given for your own post sound almost worse than those for RedAlert's post.

You've fallen into the trap I fell into on a certain other two threads. You've responded in a inflammatory manner to a post as a whole. Fine, straight denunciations are pretty much RP, anyway. Then you kept going in a not particularly flamey manner. But as you go, you say things that make your earlier denunciation seem more and more ridiculous. Pretty soon, people will start typing angrier and angrier comments, in response to your new, and not very inflammatory comments, because of the denunciation earlier.
    What do I mean? Well, first you say that the v1 thread is biased because it is written by Odium, starmade's favorite group to hate. Then you say that your thread is hard to keep unbiased, because people hate your faction. At this point, one might start thinking this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. And then, after someone comments to that effect, you respond, and let slip that you do not think you can prove what you might say. Ok, you are only talking about DS, but that's not what the already upset person you've denounced sees.

Now you have two choices to stop this. One, you could remove the denunciation. But let's be honest. You aren't going to do that. I wouldn't do that. No one would go and do that, otherwise they wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

The other one, which works, and isn't that hard to do, is to avoid the topic of yourself and your faction, or the denunciation on the forums for a little while, especially on the effected threads (this one, your faction page, and the page you denounced). I'm not saying don't stop posting altogether; People said that to me, and of course I didn't listen.

They way you have conducted yourself in this thread gives me a decent amount of respect for you. Please don't ruin it by falling into the trap that has cause people to dislike me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Aaaaahhhh where was it...

Where your proof is basically a video of someone baiting an Odium member into saying they made a relatively neutral thread, all things considered, for the purpose of having a description of factions that wasn't horribly biased against Odium. This you interpreted as saying that they were making a non-objective, pro-Odium page because of hate from other people. IE, you said that it could not be objective, because Odium is hated.
    And that Odium is hated is obvious from what you have admitted, that sometimes when people from Odium post things other factions tend to start flame wars causing faction leaders to get banned, oddly only on the side that is evidently hated.

Now, before we start typing angrily in response to what I just said, let's take a deep breath, wait a minute, and read the rest of what i have to say. I admit that the earlier piece is a mite bit inflammatory, but what it is response to is also a mite bit inflammatory, and it would be easy to spiral downward from there.

You see, the other part of your response was to create a nice, neutral, detailed, and altogether superior version of what RedAlert was trying to do, and so I think that you are far, far more respectable, and decent than many of the people on these forums. It's hard not to respect that.

Here's what I see reading through this page
    As you talk about DS , it makes me start to feel that the denunciation quoted here is hypocritical, and that irks me. While you have certainly done a better job than RedAlert, and been far more honest about it, the circumstances you have given for your own post sound almost worse than those for RedAlert's post.

You've fallen into the trap I fell into on a certain other two threads. You've responded in a inflammatory manner to a post as a whole. Fine, straight denunciations are pretty much RP, anyway. Then you kept going in a not particularly flamey manner. But as you go, you say things that make your earlier denunciation seem more and more ridiculous. Pretty soon, people will start typing angrier and angrier comments, in response to your new, and not very inflammatory comments, because of the denunciation earlier.
    What do I mean? Well, first you say that the v1 thread is biased because it is written by Odium, starmade's favorite group to hate. Then you say that your thread is hard to keep unbiased, because people hate your faction. At this point, one might start thinking this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. And then, after someone comments to that effect, you respond, and let slip that you do not think you can prove what you might say. Ok, you are only talking about DS, but that's not what the already upset person you've denounced sees.

Now you have two choices to stop this. One, you could remove the denunciation. But let's be honest. You aren't going to do that. I wouldn't do that. No one would go and do that, otherwise they wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

The other one, which works, and isn't that hard to do, is to avoid the topic of yourself and your faction, or the denunciation on the forums for a little while, especially on the effected threads (this one, your faction page, and the page you denounced). I'm not saying don't stop posting altogether; People said that to me, and of course I didn't listen.

They way you have conducted yourself in this thread gives me a decent amount of respect for you. Please don't ruin it by falling into the trap that has cause people to dislike me.

First off I never said it was biased due to being made by an odium pact member I said the objective of the post was to promote Odium, As red alert stated to me before i even baited him into saying it again while i was recording.

Second you are aware the whole dread syndicate topic was started because i replied to someone who said i should put it up there.

My whole reason for not puting it up there is what you basicly listed. You just said not to talk about dread syndicate which i never intended to do.

No I personally don't think putting my own faction inside a post i made is very smart idea. Someone could say that im only posting dread syndicate here because it makes us look better due to the leader of dread syndicate creating the post in the first place.

Now im sorry I don't seem to recall saying "Then you say that your thread is hard to keep unbiased, because people hate your faction."

I said and im going to be frank here. If people whom are likely to involve you made a desc of our faction it would likely not be objective, and if it were objective then its likely that members of dead syndicate or myself would dislike it.

Now these walls of text can go away now because:

All of this belongs in dread syndicate's main thread post where we can discuss this without messing up a post

Quite frankly I think you have the wrong idea of what i've said maybe you took it out of context or didn't read it fully but i personally don't see any reason for you to be "irked"

I don't care if you guys are the favorite group to hate. I would never have said anything if red alert didn't flat out say this post is for the sole reason of promoting our group and not to benifit the forums.

And where did I ever talk about the denunciation?

I feel like im going to have to reread what I said just because you are pulling stuff out of thin air that i never talked about.

Further more you are quoting stuff that happened in dread syndicates thread so put that there. this post is completely off topic really.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Begining Update 22/08/2015

>Removing CR
    >Adding HI
    >Adding TE
    >Adding TI

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    TE is dead. Their thread got necroed and turned into a joke.

I know this because Helkan is both Arstotzkan and Tartaran in one big party of a faction.