Newbies Guide to Factions V2.0

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Instead of a wall of text I will now be putting factions into nice and neat spoliers.

Reactions: Lecic

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Usually I just recreate the spoiler if it derps.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Link to their post here
    The old post was deleted when the leader decided to take a break and have an anonymous adviser take his place. New thread- http://starmadedock.net/threads/house-dimir-role-playing-faction.20242/

Part of the "Nest of Orion" Pact
    Part of the "Odium" pact
    "Nest of Orion" alliance and "Odium Pact" would probably be better labels. They're called the "Odium Pact," not just "Odium," and it might confuse new people a little to have two different alliances both labeled pacts.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The old post was deleted when the leader decided to take a break and have an anonymous adviser take his place. New thread- http://starmadedock.net/threads/house-dimir-role-playing-faction.20242/

"Nest of Orion" alliance and "Odium Pact" would probably be better labels. They're called the "Odium Pact," not just "Odium," and it might confuse new people a little to have two different alliances both labeled pacts.

I have something planned for the pacts and alliances of starmade factions so thats fine and will update house dimir soon.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I have something planned for the pacts and alliances of starmade factions so thats fine and will update house dimir soon.
    Oh! And one more thing about House Dimir, they're also a N.O. faction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Oh! And one more thing about House Dimir, they're also a N.O. faction.
    Thank you for telling me as i did not know this fact
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440181308,1440179238][/DOUBLEPOST]

I have addressed your concerns however we will not be adding house dimir as an N.O Faction until the leader of said faction lists it or requests it to be added. Nest of orion suggestion however has been accepted and now odium is known as "Odium pact" and Nest of Orion is now listed as an alliance
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440182053][/DOUBLEPOST]The amount of support from our community is extremely impressive and i'd like to thank all of you for this thread's success in providing a neutral grounds for factions.

The affort i have put into the thread has now reached the point of no return and we will continue to add factions that spring up to this list.

Our current goals for this thread are:

To provide a safe place for factions to be listed.
    To provide unbiased information on factions throughout starmade regardless of size type and if they are a faction on the dock or not.
    To provide new players with a means to find the right faction for them.

Our future goals are:

To keep a history of faction's lore and info likely in another thread or inside an honorable mentions tab.

As always suggestions should be posted below.

I enjoy keeping a history of factions and i must say many of these factions are very interesting each having their own story to tell and lore to write going forward we hopefully won't forget their stories.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Now that we are keeping a list of factions and most are covered in a fair way i'd like to add DS as it does indeed need to be an option as it is a faction that you are able to join.

To do so we are going to vote, as a community on if this is biased.

Read the suggested post about DS and then vote here and if you have any suggestions please post about them

Feel free to suggest on changes that need to be made.
    Dread Syndicate
    Date of Creation: July 16th 2015
    Servers they play on: GenXNova.
    Ideology: Imperialism
    Info:
    Dread Syndicate is a pvp focused faction whom are primarily engineers
    They share traits of the Imperium of Man from warhammer 40K and use a similar policy system and ranking system their lore is also inspired by warhammer but not directly taken from.

Dread Syndicate was founded when its leader, Zackey_TNT was removed from high command in Blade falcon and with the shutdown of redshift it then moved to GenXnova

Dread Syndicate's master faction, Bluerain has its own teamspeak and was founded in 2009 with the teamspeak's opening.

Players with the most experience of the faction guide newer members in the ways of building and once refined enough they may be submitted into fleet service by submitting it to high command

The advantage of getting a ship into the fleet is that lore is written for it by the lore writers of the faction and this can prove to be quite an interesting story depending on the design of the ship.

Members however are free to use what ships they wish if they operate outside of the fleet.

Ships are given to new members if you request them.

Members are required to use teamspeak 3 at all times in order to be able to join the faction as high command likes to maintain close relations with its new recruits.

The leader of Dread Syndicate enjoys teaching his members and likes to make sure they are on the right path to efficiency and, if they ask will provide advice for projects and designs.

Due to the nature of such a faction Dread Synidcate has gathered many foes and thus if you are not into pvp you should likely turn away as raids are common inside the faction

On Top of this it's leadership is willing to micromanage the clan and teach its members so this faction can quite good if you wish to get into pvp but are new to the game and need guidance.

Overall Dread Syndicate has its advantages and its disadvantages but is a soild faction when it comes to PVP and is willing to help out newer players.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So results are in and 100% of the votes went to... Turnip. I'm just going to use a rng to do this :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Dread Syndicate has been added to the list

If anyone has a problem with it please voice your opinion.

The reason why its currently up there is due to the fact that its unfair to not name a faction who does exist on a list like this.

The list is designed to give options to new players and if we leave an option out of it then its not entirely completing its objective.

However I feel as if the post about it isn't biased and I've made sure it fits in with the list I've also made sure there is enough work done before it was put up to warrent it as well. I did 95% of the forum's factions in an unbiased way and thus feel like ds is the last thing we do.

I

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Can you do spoilers inside of spoilers? If so:

The Red Lancers are the elite branch of the Helkan Armed Forces. Consisting of the remnants of the Arstotzkan Defense Force, their soldiers are battle-hardened and are experienced after deployments on multiple servers. Led by High Admiral Comr4de, other duties performed by the Lancers include resource acquisition, anti-insurgency operations, and political control/monitoring. Despite strong separatist sentiments among them, they remain loyal to the Imperial throne.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can you do spoilers inside of spoilers? If so:

The Red Lancers are the elite branch of the Helkan Armed Forces. Consisting of the remnants of the Arstotzkan Defense Force, their soldiers are battle-hardened and are experienced after deployments on multiple servers. Led by High Admiral Comr4de, other duties performed by the Lancers include resource acquisition, anti-insurgency operations, and political control/monitoring. Despite strong separatist sentiments among them, they remain loyal to the Imperial throne.
    Will do so, However it should be noted that I will be putting tag that lets users know you wrote this.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440267210,1440266951][/DOUBLEPOST]There you go used some text that fit you're factions theme for you "The following is written by the leader of the Helkan Imperium and may contain glorious text"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'll look into it but it seems at this current time to be inactive.

Get someone from that faction to update the main post and start recruiting again :)

Also fill out a basic template

Date of Creation:
    Servers they play on:
    Ship type:
    Ideology:

And again get the owners to provide more upto date detail on it so we might be able to have a better more informitive desc for it

I'll begin research into this faction in the meantime