The Odium Pact

Reaction score
    The Odium Pact "acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt"
    Dear Community,

Faction Leaders, Alliance Leaders and Community Members.

"The Odium Pact"

Ridik and I will be heading up this new alliance, and collaborating on some internal agreements and operations as well as a very high standard for joining members.

Including but not exclusive to:

All factions must have their own forums.

Mandatory all members use the alliance forums.

Mandatory all new members have a working mic

Mandatory all new members of factions must be above the age of 14

Mandatory all factions must have a standard for recruitment, Including opening voice based interviews.

Alliance officers must attend weekly voice meetings.

Alliance members must try to attend bi-weekly voice meetings.

Alliance factions must moderate inactive members.

We will strive to be not just an alliance, not a good alliance but a great one. Existing in more than just name like so many others.

We will run internal events, pvp tournaments, mech tournaments and ship to ship events trials of combat designed to teach experience and prefect the art of combat in starmade, as and when our alliance grows we will maintain leagues and statistics of the events.

We do not want or need dead weight, unsuitable factions will be refused admission and/or removed from the alliance.

Our Goals are simple, We wish to build a better community, a better universe out of conflict.
    Trial by fire.

Thank you for your time,

Members:

The Vaygr Empire (Military Faction)

The Eurocorp Syndicate (Multirole Faction)

Calderon Republic (Military Faction)

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheBlueThunder

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Y'all have fun with that.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    I would have to say some of the requirements are a bit overkill...
    Hey man, the more people don't get involved, the better.
    The attitude put forth by the "Pact" is probably a good thing for the rest of the community.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    every faction has and maintains standards for there members. This allows for better control and managing of its members and the faction as a whole. A mic, well that is simple, communication is important. But for those in my faction who doesn't have a mic, will not be forced to get one, and I don't think we have any young ones in the faction. Factions who have no standards and rules are ripe for griefing and deception. I have seen the pact grow tighter than other faction alliances because of what is set in place.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    every faction has and maintains standards for there members. This allows for better control and managing of its members and the faction as a whole. A mic, well that is simple, communication is important. But for those in my faction who doesn't have a mic, will not be forced to get one, and I don't think we have any young ones in the faction. Factions who have no standards and rules are ripe for griefing and deception. I have seen the pact grow tighter than other faction alliances because of what is set in place.

Overly restrictive rules damage relationships.
    Factions which are based on familiarity and trust do better in the long run, despite the possible threat of assholes trying to ruin their day with no readily apparent reason other than "Other people aren't allowed to be happy".

I advise others to be wary of this form of alliance, as it is likely the fastest way into being manipulated into intentionally harming others unjustly that is readily available. I advise others to also be wary of this alliance because it now includes three of the most hostile factions in Starmade, and being strongly associated with any of them may cause irreparable damage to your personal reputation.

Sure, you have more to shoot at (and be shot at by) - but that's about it.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    did you know most things we live and use have caution signs and warnings on them that doesn't make them bad, but should be handled with care. And CR is getting there btw :) its a new day

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Grenades with the pins pulled don't have warning labels, and people tend to agree that any attempt at handling them, even with care, is extremely unhealthy.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    have you thrown a real grenade before.. I have, and the instructions for them are very clear and how to handle them. Unhealthy.. They are a weapon to kill and to injure. They cane be handled with care and respect. For those who are not militarily fit or have the ability to handle unhealthy object, should just leave it to those who can.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    have you thrown a real grenade before.. I have, and the instructions for them are very clear and how to handle them. Unhealthy.. They are a weapon to kill and to injure. They cane be handled with care and respect. For those who are not militarily fit or have the ability to handle unhealthy object, should just leave it to those who can.
    Which is why I said "with the pin pulled" - you don't jump on live ammunition unless there's a really, really good reason for it.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I think it's largely unproductive to criticize a group on their rules and management style. It might work for them even if it's not for you. Don't like the rules? Don't join. Don't trust yourself around grenades? Don't handle grenades. Oppose certain people getting married? Don't marry those people. Easy.

I'm pretty sure the reason for this topic is to recruit. So unless you have questions because you plan to join your time might be better spent elsewhere. If you want to debate w/e it is you have issues with then start another faction sub-forum thread. And keep the arguments civil please. There is no winning a debate. Otherwise it'd be called a deliberation. (Where an action will be taken in accord with the outcome of the discourse.)

Winterhome

Reaction score
    I think it's largely unproductive to criticize a group on their rules and management style. It might work for them even if it's not for you. Don't like the rules? Don't join. Don't trust yourself around grenades? Don't handle grenades. Oppose certain people getting married? Don't marry those people. Easy.

I'm pretty sure the reason for this topic is to recruit. So unless you have questions because you plan to join your time might be better spent elsewhere. If you want to debate w/e it is you have issues with then start another faction sub-forum thread. And keep the arguments civil please. There is no winning a debate. Otherwise it'd be called a deliberation. (Where an action will be taken in accord with the outcome of the discourse.)
    I will happily post a warning on any group's recruitment thread, as it is not "off topic" to inform potential recruits of the drawbacks of joining that group, much in the same way I'll happily put up warning signs around sinkholes and minefields.

Posting a new thread is unproductive in this regard - using the warning sign example, it's like knowing the location of a minefield in France and putting up a warning sign in Chicago.

Any "Debate" you see is simply clarification of misinterpreted points.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Let people decide for themselves. If you have a counter argument or 'corrections' or warnings using their own recruitment thread is like protesting literacy outside of a library and handing out pamphlets written on pages from books you borrowed you hope they don't read because that would mean they are learning. Make your argument somewhere else unless you want these people doing the same in your recruitment thread. And if they do argue in your recruitment thread report them. Because it's hijacking your thread.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Let people decide for themselves. If you have a counter argument or 'corrections' or warnings using their own recruitment thread is like protesting literacy outside of a library and handing out pamphlets written on pages from books you borrowed you hope they don't read because that would mean they are learning. Make your argument somewhere else unless you want these people doing the same in your recruitment thread. And if they do argue in your recruitment thread report them. Because it's hijacking your thread.
    But If you were going to protest literacy, Wouldnt you do it outside of the library?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm can assure you the pact is not looking for factions to apply here. This thread serves to inform the masses of our formation, existence and news.

"We do not want or need dead weight, unsuitable factions will be refused admission and/or removed from the alliance."

You don't chose to join the odium pact, the odium pact chooses you.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like this part of the OP "We will run internal events, pvp tournaments, mech tournaments and ship to ship events trials of combat designed to teach experience and prefect the art of combat in starmade, as and when our alliance grows we will maintain leagues and statistics of the events."
    Its going to be hard on the ship builder... Upgrade and upgrade again making a ship that looks good and built well with the best possibility to win in a battle.