Nova Fleet Dynamics - Building a better future today! (Nest of Orion faction)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nova Fleet Dynamics

Hello all, we are Nova Fleet Dynamics. (NFD)

The Four Main Freedoms-
    Freedom of speech- In Nova Fleet Dynamics, your words are your own, and what you say will not be dictated by anyone.

Freedom of resources- On a public server, it is our belief that members should keep what they work for, and that they should do what they please with it.

Freedom of construction- When building, members are not inhibited by arbitrary building codes based off of the leader's personal style, or a faction ship scheme.

Freedom of opinion- You are entitled to your opinion, so use it. If you feel there is a better way to do something, speak up. It does not matter whether you are a brand new recruit or a seasoned veteran, if someone has an opinion it should be heard.

Internal Decisions-

In the NFD, your voice will be heard!
    Internal decisions for the faction will be made by way of a majority vote, unless the situation requires immediate action. This was decided as a better alternative to a simple, barbaric even, setup that most factions and shipyards have that result in a single leader holding all power, and the members being little more than simple peons to their leader. During a meeting with the DFN upper and line command, it was decided that a dual leadership was also necessary in order to provide more stability should something happen to one of the leaders.

Ranks-

The NFD ranking system is currently undergoing reconstruction due to the expectation of a large influx of recruits.

Positions-

There are multiple roles in the faction, however no position is set in stone, and each member can easily do whatever they so please. These are just a way to keep track of who wants to do what, and what they consider themselves good at.

Hull Designer- You are proficient at making ships elegant yet effective, and have artistic abilities beyond that of many others.

Systems Designer- You can make a small ship able to take a big punch, and a big ship take an even bigger one.

Weapons Technician- You are the reverse of a Systems Designer, your specialty is weapon systems capable of wrecking whatever the ship pilot so wishes to see vaporized.

IT (Special/Appointed)- You are good at keeping the server running and the videos uploading, you know how to use technology in such a way that allows it not to break.

Captain (PvP/PvE)- You enjoy flying around and exploring the many servers of Starmade. You also enjoy making a lasting impact on other people, namely raiders and spawnkillers.

Faction Relations-
    Allies and people that we are at war with will be posted here.
    all Nest of Orion factions
    None

Shipbuilding-
    • NO CUBES. Don't build doom cubes. Any one who builds a doom cube will be kicked from the faction. Acceptions will be made for well built borg cubes (requires full ship greebling).
    • Use wedges. Please wedge all ships built for use by the NFD.
    We are not currently accepting commissions.
    To other factions- Should you wish to request a ship to be built, please contact us
    @ [email protected]

Rules-
    • Number one thing when online or on the forums is give everyone respect. I don't care if they don't deserve your respect, you treat them with respect anyway.
    • Avoid causing conflict between other factions. We are a build faction primarily, not a fighting faction.
    • No flaming. Fairly self explanitory, don't flame here or anywhere else. Any member caught flaming will be given a warning and after repeated offences will be demoted or kicked from the faction.

Application Form*-

IGN-

Desired Role-

Why you chose us-

Other factions-

Timezone-
    What is your favorite style when shipbuilding?

*Should someone submit an application that does not follow this form, they will be asked to re-do their application.

Servers-
    We are currently based out of our own private server.

Private server IP - 94.23.241.157:57921
    Server thread - http://starmadedock.net/threads/nova-fleet-dynamics-build-server-build-play-explore-whitelist.4022/

No public servers ATM.

Other Links-
    Youtube Page(s)- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAzrKI2NR73V6ixqjUFtBaA

Shipyard pages-
    Creeper__God - http://starmadedock.net/threads/nov...m-and-occasional-builds-of-creeper__god.3648/
    Tobie (Inactive) - http://starmadedock.net/threads/tobies-tin-cans-new-ship.5969/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    So, may I ask what will happen to the old thread? Or would that be completely offtopic?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So, may I ask what will happen to the old thread? Or would that be completely offtopic?
    A new thread was created because the old one was outdated and since flying is taking a break from starmade, there was no way to change it.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    As I am outgoing, a new phase of the NFD seems to be coming in. Best of luck to you all, and I want to come back next year to see a thriving community!

We've been at it for a year and a half, I want to see a decade under our belts at the least!

Reactions: Master_Artificer
    Reaction score
    IGN-Falcor

Desired Role-Captain

Why you chose us-Someone invited me to join

Other factions-None

Timezone-Eastern
    I enjoy building Efficient mining and scout ships
    *Should someone submit an application that does not follow this form, they will be asked to re-do their application.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    IGN-Falcor

Desired Role-Captain

Why you chose us-Someone invited me to join

Other factions-None

Timezone-Eastern

I enjoy building Efficient mining and scout ships
    After an interview on ElwynEternity, your application has been accepted.
    Welcome to nova fleet dynamics!

Reaction score
    IGN- Lewshizz

Desired Role- Builder/Pilot

Why you chose us- Your faction is very promising and it seems like a good place to join

Other factions- Currently not in a faction at all. My old building faction disbanded completely

Timezone- Western Pacific
    What is your favorite style when shipbuilding? I like the industrial feel of a terran ship. Girders, bridges, also with a hint of navy boat design.

Reaction score
    Flying nooooooooooo!

He always took my comics in good humor. I will have to keep doodling them in his absence.

We will see him when he gets back I am sure. :>

I think you will do just fine Creeper. Flying left things in good hands!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Flying nooooooooooo!

He always took my comics in good humor. I will have to keep doodling them in his absence.

We will see him when he gets back I am sure. :>

I think you will do just fine Creeper. Flying left things in good hands!
    Your comics will always be taken in good humor Claru :P
    Thanks for your support :)

CPU

Reaction score
    As to my former join with the old group, i would like to join c:

IGN- CPU

Desired Role- Ship builder, or Central AI

Why you chose us- I used to be part of the old group, every since my computer broke i wanted to see what the group was up to, until today, i found out that flying is on a leave.

Other factions- My loyalty is to the DFN

Timezone- Mountain Time US
    What is your favorite style when shipbuilding? - Mostly heavy weapon or special ships that can rip a hold into an enemies ship ex. Railgun, or mass missile barge.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As to my former join with the old group, i would like to join c:

IGN- CPU

Desired Role- Ship builder, or Central AI

Why you chose us- I used to be part of the old group, every since my computer broke i wanted to see what the group was up to, until today, i found out that flying is on a leave.

Other factions- My loyalty it to the DFN

Timezone- Mountain Time US
    What is your favorite style when shipbuilding? - Mostly heavy weapon or special ships that can rip a hold into an enemies ship ex. Railgun, or mass missile barge.
    CPU Welcome back :)

Nor

Reaction score
    IGN?
    Nor

Desired Role?
    I don't know. I like to do a bit of everything involving building.
    But I find designing functional systems most interesting.
    So I would have to pick "Systems Designer".

Why you chose us?
    I like your ideas about freedom.
    And I've always been curious of what Clans and Factions are all about.
    So I chose to apply to the one that interested me the most.

Other factions?
    None

Timezone?
    Eastern Standard Time

I like designing ships I would want to live in on an interstellar voyage.
    So I focus on I focus more on interior design rather than outward appearance.

Reaction score
    Nor Accepted!
    Welcome to NFD!
    Creeper will add you to the faction chat shortly.

PS:
    Very nice application :p

Reaction score
    IGN- Lyellwolf

Desired Role- Weapons technician

Why you chose us- I was approached by one of your members who probably noticed I was new to the game. He offered assistance and told me that this faction is friendly to newer players. Seemed very promising and glad to hear a faction is willing to help others.

Other factions-Timezone- No other Faction (Brand new) - U.S. East (-5:00 GMT)

What is your favorite style when shipbuilding?* Tank with a sniper rifle (Very strong build but uses weapons that may be slow, but can wreck a ship in very few shots)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    IGN- Lyellwolf

Desired Role- Weapons technician

Why you chose us- I was approached by one of your members who probably noticed I was new to the game. He offered assistance and told me that this faction is friendly to newer players. Seemed very promising and glad to hear a faction is willing to help others.

Other factions-Timezone- No other Faction (Brand new) - U.S. East (-5:00 GMT)

What is your favorite style when shipbuilding?* Tank with a sniper rifle (Very strong build but uses weapons that may be slow, but can wreck a ship in very few shots)
    seems like all is in order. Please Standby for official decision from the nfd head of recruitment Captain_Roscal