• Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Size Comparison Chart Transparent.png

United Sectors Shipyards

Current Project
    Updated Frequently - Watch this Thread to stay up to date

USS Endeavor (~500 m Carrier)
    starmade-screenshot-0005.png
    Focus: Better use of negative space, large scale details, better general form, depth, hangar layout, cool logic, interesting and unique interior, Power 2.0, Weapons 3.0

Manufacturers
    USS (United Sectors Shipyards)
    Lending its name to the entire faction, this is the original and most advanced manufacturer of the USS fleet. USS focuses on designing and constructing military warships of various sizes, ranging from corvettes all the way to massive carriers.​
    Carrier
    [WIP] USS Endeavor (~500 m long)
    Battleship
    Battle-Cruiser
    Destroyer
    Frigate
    Corvette
    Stealth Scout
    Exploration
    Shipyard
    [WIP] Industrious-class Shipyard (~450 m long)​
    Crew Armor

STR (Space Transportation Research-labs)
    Focusing on cutting edge technology, STR is a civilian ship manufacturer that is often contracted by USS to develop fighters and support ships. Due to their expertise in systems and aesthetic design, STR has a strong relationship with the USS that has lasted for many years.​
    Fighter
    Bomber
    Other Projects

CRT (Cargo and Resource Transporters)
    Originating from the far-flung corners of the galaxy, CRT engineers and operators are masters of mining resources and hauling them across the lonely void of space. In order to keep the USS fleet running smoothly, CRT vessels gather the raw materials necessary to maintain warship construction and repair.​
    Cargo Hauler
    Carrier
    Salvager
    Title Pic.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    USS Endeavor Progress Timeline
    Here's a look at the progress made so far on the carrier I'm currently working on, the USS Endeavor. As the name implies, its quite a challenge for me, but it's coming along nicely so far.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Beautiful work! - Have fun building the USS Endeavor, it already looks superb, and I like that "construct a framework, then attach the shell to it, piece by piece" technique you used. Also love the progress timeline album you showed. Keep up the good work! (y)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Damn they look good, I admire your building skills
    Thanks! I'm really happy with how this newest ship is turning out
    [doublepost=1528310869,1528310470][/doublepost]
    Beautiful work! - Have fun building the USS Endeavor, it already looks superb, and I like that "construct a framework, then attach the shell to it, piece by piece" technique you used. Also love the progress timeline album you showed. Keep up the good work! (y)
    Thank you! With this ship, I'm trying to take a better look at the big picture rather than individual details, since the main criticism I've had before on large ships was that they were too busy. What I'm going for is super dense detail on the center, with simpler armor plating on the outside. Also, the frame is helping me get some more depth in the ship. Thanks again!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Progress Report #1
    I haven't had much time to work lately, but here's some things I've been able to do the last few days

Good portion of the top
    starmade-screenshot-0019.png

Landing Pad
    starmade-screenshot-0017.png

Some more detailing
    starmade-screenshot-0015.png

And here's a close look at some detail I did earlier
    starmade-screenshot-0014.png
    Gribbles.png

Last edited:

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    No idea how I haven't seen your thread before, but your method of overlapping armour plates is plain beauty!

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Progress Report #3
    I've finished most of the top. There are still a few details to add (break up the front 'wings'), but I'm pretty happy with the overall form. I've added a small personal hanger at the back for the captain, and placed the main hanger doors. I'll also add a forward hanger for larger fighters, and possibly a support hanger on the bottom.
    Opening Captain's Personal Hanger (With a high performance scout)
    starmade-screenshot-0007.png
    Main Hangar doors (Water shield activates when opened)
    starmade-gif-0003.gif
    starmade-screenshot-0006.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hows the building going? The thread and Imgur havnt been updated recently. Hope its going well though.

Reactions: kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Hows the building going? The thread and Imgur havnt been updated recently. Hope its going well though.
    There hasn't been any progress since the last post since I have a pretty tough semester at school. I'm out of class in May, though, so there should be more to come soon. I'm looking forward to it as much as you are

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    There hasn't been any progress since the last post since I have a pretty tough semester at school. I'm out of class in May, though, so there should be more to come soon. I'm looking forward to it as much as you are
    Ok, wish you luck with school. (y)

Reaction score
    It blows my mind how people build this stuff.
    I've been dabbling in this game for years, and I still mostly just make Space Bricks. The grasp of complex geometry really is amazing.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    It blows my mind how people build this stuff.
    I've been dabbling in this game for years, and I still mostly just make Space Bricks. The grasp of complex geometry really is amazing.
    Thank you! I've been playing Starmade for about 5 years now and I still have a lot to learn about ship design (negative space, balancing/scaling details, systems, etc.))

For me, it really helps to sketch out several ideas for ships on a piece of paper, focusing more on the big shapes than the details. The rest is trying to break it up into smaller shapes that flow together while still being interesting. It also helps to have a main focus of the design, like a large hanger or forward weapon array or something like that. The other details will end up wrapping around that major feature.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Progress Report #4
    After a long creative slump, I've finally been able to crank out some good progress on the USS Endeavor. I've moved to the front and bottom of the ship, focusing on the main weapons. The smaller cannons are support weapons (tractor beam, astrotech beam), while the large weapon array is undetermined yet. I also made some darker, highly technical areas to break up the armor panels. Much of the bottom will likely follow this pattern.

starmade-screenshot-0012.png
    starmade-screenshot-0013.png
    starmade-screenshot-0015.png
    starmade-screenshot-0017.png

[doublepost=1562554336,1562553672][/doublepost]What suggestions do yall have for the main weapon? The ship is a very heavy carrier, so the weapon should have long range so the ship can fall back and support battleships. There are already going to be lock-on missiles in the six upper-side cannon barrels, so it'll be either a cannon or beam, but I'm not very familiar with the new weapon combinations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Progress Report #5
    I've added another large section of technical details below the turrets. These parts give some much needed contrast against the blinding white armor panels and some fun details to discover if you take a closer look. I also roughed out a few of the large armor panels. These panels will need to be broken up a bit more and given some more details, but I'm happy with the overall form so far.

starmade-screenshot-0000.png
    starmade-screenshot-0001 (2).png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    [WIP] Industrious-class Shipyard (~450 m long)
    I dont want to rush you at all, I know your working on the Endeavor but I am curious on what it may look like and when this may be started (or if it has) because I look forward to having a larger station that fits with your ships. Wish you luck and ease of building with the Endeavor I look forward to using it. (y)

Reactions: Wilavid7
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I dont want to rush you at all, I know your working on the Endeavor but I am curious on what it may look like and when this may be started (or if it has) because I look forward to having a larger station that fits with your ships. Wish you luck and ease of building with the Endeavor I look forward to using it. (y)
    I almost forgot about that. That'll be my next major project after the Endeavor. I don't want the Endeavor to end up sitting like this thing did for years. Now that I'm better at balancing large empty spaces with more dense detailed spaces, it shouldn't take long to finish once I get to it.

Here's the front of the station. The large windows hold a showroom floor for new ships that can be purchased
    starmade-screenshot-0002.png

The back is the more industrial side, with factories, shipyards, and cargo loading stations to produce new ships.
    starmade-screenshot-0003.png
    There's a cargo crate system that I made work with https://starmadedock.net/content/crt-caravan.2318/, but it may be a bit buggy at this point. We'll see if I can get it working when the time comes.
    starmade-screenshot-0004.png