Importing your favorite ship hulls per request (1 a month)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaGame, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Dire Venom

I'll upload once I can get the sides lined up, need to find that perfect number where everything is symetrical, or else I just need to do a custom bounding box.

[​IMG]

Gone through a couple of itterations so far, my OCD gets triggered when things don't quite line up -_-

• Like Like x 1
    2. ForgottenPrime

Im the same way. The reason I'm asking you to do instead of me. Every time i tried id get an error an it wound give a bunch of data i have no idea what to do with it. I can convert certain objs while others wont convert. give off the same error. So i have very little choice but to ask for help. I would do the conversions my self. Yet being there are no tutorials on how to fix it when you get an error. Being bobby has retired from the game I see no good future for smedit.. Thank you. Till All Are One.
      Do you use Discord

#342 ForgottenPrime, Jun 20, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
      • Like Like x 2
    3. Dire Venom

Sure do! I'm on a variety of SM servers.
      Unoffcial Discord Server: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
      My Factions Discord server: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

I assume your trying to import OBJ Files directly into SMEdit and it's giving you an error message:? Like this:
      [​IMG]
      That's the message I get when I tried to import the DS9.obj
      I have imported obj's in the past though, seems like some don't work well and need to be voxelised first.
      The process I posted on the previous page has always worked for me though, just takes a bit of work.

4. ForgottenPrime

thank you for your assistance on this project.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Nebulon-B_Frigate_FTW

Small problem for me: SMEdit simply doesn't start after clicking its start button. No idea why, must be some kind of immediate fatal error. Happens on both my desktop (Fedora Linux) and laptop (Ubuntu Linux) and on a friend's computer(Windows...7 I think).

6. Dire Venom

I would try a fresh SM installation (say in your documents), make sure java is updated, install it to the correct directory
      (mine is in D:\Documents\Starmade 2018 Gladius\starmade-launcher-win32-x64\StarMade)
      Set your ram correctly (I use 4 GB, 2 would also work fine)
      And then try and start it. I use windows, but using other OS could cause some issues.
      Not starting is generally a Installation issue in my experience, hope you can get it sorted

7. Nebulon-B_Frigate_FTW

Linux, java is updated, tried 2GB. I've heard something about SMEdit creating folders when it first runs that need to be deleted, but haven't investigated. Ultimately, I had to rely on someone else running Vox2SM3 (it's Windows-only because of some incredibly poor design decisions).

8. DrTarDIS

DrTarDIS Eldrich Timelord

You can't use WINE? You don't have a compatibility dual-boot?

9. Nebulon-B_Frigate_FTW

WINE isn't the most reliable and Windows has a habit of killing itself every so many months. It might actually be a faster route for next time to just fix the source code so it isn't using Windows-specific ways to clean up files.

10. DrTarDIS

DrTarDIS Eldrich Timelord

Ahh, glad to see you volunteering to code that with the time you saved not installing baseline windows for your compatibility. I look forward to it!

11. Nebulon-B_Frigate_FTW

Do note this is in reference to Vox2SM3, not SMEdit. I'm sure SMEdit is easier to fix, but I'm not sure where I can find its source code to actually go about debugging; can't do much with the jar, and in fact java doesn't give any output even in verbose mode about why it's silently failing, likely because of the way it spawns the actual program past the settings menu.

12. thesackofpotatoes

was wondering if you could do the arvak class battlestar (800m adv armour) or a valkyrie class battlestar (700m adv amour)