Frequent Suggestions Megathread

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    So I have two ideas, a faction block symbol. Something to create logos onto blocks typically used on doors to show loyalty to the faction.

This gave me an idea to graffiti. Why not start a war by spray painting someones ship up with your faction logo?

Reactions: Ghent96 and RoAnnon

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Just realised that all of my reconized suggestions are not here.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Should we really mark fuel overall as rejected? The two examples are just a subset of many, many kinds of fuel suggestions, they're hardly representative of the overall concept.
    Fuel is already possible in the game as-is, matey. Just change your config to boost power capacitors, remove or nerf reactors, and buff power supply beams. Make a few fuel stations with power supply arrays. Voila.

Reactions: Asvarduil
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Fuel is already possible in the game as-is, matey. Just change your config to boost power capacitors, remove or nerf reactors, and buff power supply beams. Make a few fuel stations with power supply arrays. Voila.
    This might be a question best suited to another thread but, have you played on a server with this config? How did it affect game-play?

Reactions: Ghent96
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This might be a question best suited to another thread but, have you played on a server with this config? How did it affect game-play?
    Start the thread ;)
    [doublepost=1493207772,1493207612][/doublepost]
    So I have two ideas, a faction block symbol. Something to create logos onto blocks typically used on doors to show loyalty to the faction.

This gave me an idea to graffiti. Why not start a war by spray painting someones ship up with your faction logo?
    This is already possible, matey. We run custom textures on mushroom fleet with approximately 20 factions.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Fuel is already possible in the game as-is, matey.
    It is not. Fuel isn't a fun gimmick to be put in the game, it's a useful mechanic to balance infrastructure and ship performance. While we can, technically, cannibalize current mechanics to create a fuel-like system, that is entirely besides the point of such a system. Except, perhaps, if one only wants it because one likes the sound of it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It is not. Fuel isn't a fun gimmick to be put in the game, it's a useful mechanic to balance infrastructure and ship performance. While we can, technically, cannibalize current mechanics to create a fuel-like system, that is entirely besides the point of such a system. Except, perhaps, if one only wants it because one likes the sound of it.
    You're funny.
    Sounds like you're just unwilling to experiment with mod'ing the game and want to try to convince the devs to waste their valuable time in yet another useless venture to drastically change a fundamental aspect of the game just to make you happy.
    Just stop :P
    Fuel works perfectly fine if you mod the game, it just takes a little effort. With a better foundation in a more complete and optimized game engine, and better mod support, fuel mods will be easier for server admins to implement... And sure enought, That's the real thing we need: optimization, mod suppoet, tools, and a complete game foundation/platform. We the players will make our own content in this sandbox. We just need the box to stop leaking & changing shape on us.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Right. We're doing this, huh?

Fuel working or not is besides the point. The question is, rather, what for? What purpose does fuel serve?

Speaking of fuel as I usually do, as an addition to the current game, I think the answer is clear. To introduce, and balance against current ship-building mechanics, the influence of infrastructure and resource production, on day-to-day ship operations and combat.

Creating a fuel-like mechanic from the power system, I really don't see the answer. It may work, but it's not expanding on the game, just swapping one thing out for another. If you rather want to play a game with a fuel mechanic instead of a power mechanic, be my guest, but that has nothing to do with putting fuel in the current game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Stop detailing this thread with your off-topic stubbornness and bad logic. We started a new, separate thread for the topic of fuel. Please practice your reading skills & follow the link above.

Reactions: SkylordLuke