"Offset" for copy/paste

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Did a search and did not see this suggested anywhere, though I'm sure it has come up before.

Sometimes when you go to paste something you've copied, it doesn't line up properly to whatever block you are pointing at as your reference block, so you kind of have to build a scaffold of blocks to get the pasted part where you want it.

It would be nice to have some way (maybe another set of sliders) to set an offset from the reference block for the paste.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Offset and position-size.

1. If I point on a block, I expect the paste to "go away" from that block not "into that block".
    2. I expect that pointing at the upper half lets the paste "go upward" and pointing at the lower half it "goes downward" - same with left/right.

I wish we had an option to limit and snap the selected position to "a+bn positions" with b="build size, eg: 3x2x5".

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It would be better if we could freely move the copy/paste selection with some hotkeys, the current system is just a major pain. Let me shamelessly advertise an old, but highly popular suggestion of mine about that, which still wasn't recognized.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Did a search and did not see this suggested anywhere, though I'm sure it has come up before.

Sometimes when you go to paste something you've copied, it doesn't line up properly to whatever block you are pointing at as your reference block, so you kind of have to build a scaffold of blocks to get the pasted part where you want it.

It would be nice to have some way (maybe another set of sliders) to set an offset from the reference block for the paste.
    I like that idea. You could add it to the existing ability to rotate the pasted object. You could simply add another 1-3 keys to press that works with the mouse wheel to give you the ability to move it in the 3 planes.

I say 1-3 keys because;
    • 1 key could be used to step through the planes, with the press to step and a hold to allow the mouse wheel to operate
    • 3 keys, where you could simple press a different key for each plane.

Reaction score
    This sounds very much like copying and pasting with a reference point (or block), which is a very common function in AutoCAD for example.

Very useful.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We finally need a context-based hotkey system.

WASDQE should be used for that action. How about coupling it with the mouse too?

> Q = activate/deactivate while paste mode is active (switches wether you move your view or the blocks).
    > AD = next/previous plane
    > WS = toward/away
    > mouse-moves = up/down right/left

Reactions: Karride