Recognized Taking out super jump.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Devs can you please take out the super jump while being attracted by gravity.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    no

because that would seriously affect most builds and layer enjoyment. it would mean say goodbye to parkour, goodbye to certain types of stairs, goodbye to traversing planets by foot, goodbye to eva, goodbye to one of the many things that makes starmade superior to all over voxel based space sandbox games.

if you want a less powerful jump, only press the space bar slightly to jump at a more natural height.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would also like to see the removal of the super-jump (having it reduced to a more limited 1.5 meter jump in gravity), as long as we got it back with the addition of some sort of thrusterpack. (The dev team has already expressed interest in increasing astronaut speed with a thrusterpack.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    With the size of the current planets, I think orbital jumps should be possible!:p

Reaction score
    no

because that would seriously affect most builds and layer enjoyment. it would mean say goodbye to parkour, goodbye to certain types of stairs, goodbye to traversing planets by foot, goodbye to eva, goodbye to one of the many things that makes starmade superior to all over voxel based space sandbox games.

if you want a less powerful jump, only press the space bar slightly to jump at a more natural height.
    Some of us want it decreased, others don't, probably best to have a have it dependent on planet radius and include some sort of setting on the gravity module

Reaction score
    Some of us want it decreased, others don't, probably best to have a have it dependent on planet radius and include some sort of setting on the gravity module
    This makes sense to me and so does having gravity adjustable in the configs.

Reaction score
    If the jump height were lowered I'd want some form of easy to get, unlimited use item to replace it. I like having a high jump height.

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    so does anyone other than me notice that you can alter how high you jump by only pressing the space bar for a shorter amount of time?

super jump is if you hold down space, and a "normal" jump is if you just lightly tap it.

but yeah having different gravitational effects on planets of different sizes would be cool. but not a change in jump height, how about the speed of a fall, or how quickly you ascend?

Reactions: MeRobo
    Reaction score
    Or, just go nuts and have it be a per-player setting. those that want the current 6 meter jumps get to use it, and those who want "lesser" jumps can set the number they want in the settings window.

The one thing this wouldn't please are the players that think everyone should use the same jump-height settings, but I don't think we should be appeasing them anyway. They're the "stop having fun" guys.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    but yeah having different gravitational effects on planets of different sizes would be cool. but not a change in jump height, how about the speed of a fall, or how quickly you ascend?
    So I could jump six meters high on both Mercury and Jupiter, but go up really fast on the Mercury and down really fast on Jupiter?
    My brain hurts...:confused:

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    yes

I like confusing people

but hey if you want less jump height, just tap the space bar. if you want more jump height hold the space bar, it is seriously that simple

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I don't want less jump height, I want more sanity. This isn't Super StarMade Bros. We have ships to get to high places.
    I wan't jumping proportional to holding down $JUMP AND inversely proportional to gravity, PLUS holding $JUMP near an edge grabs on so you can climb up!

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We have starships capable of rending the very fabric of time and space in order to hurtle us across the galaxy. We have 2m tall astronauts that curl up in 1m cubes that can fly at supersonic speeds into mountains and not get hurt.

And its the fact that our space suits have some built in thrusters to help with jumping that bothers you?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    We have starships capable of rending the very fabric of time and space in order to hurtle us across the galaxy.
    Gameplay necessity, and it's freaking awesome.
    We have 2m tall astronauts that curl up in 1m cubes that can fly at supersonic speeds into mountains and not get hurt.
    Curling up in 1m cubes will be removed soon, and the second part is an unfortunate bit of silliness that probably wouldn't happen if performance wasn't a concern for the collision model... And if Schema had more time to spend on that stuff... And a few other things.
    And its the fact that our space suits have some built in thrusters to help with jumping that bothers you?
    It doesn't bother me, but the problem is that the game doesn't show it. THAT bothers me. At least have a particle effect coming from the shoes when you super-jump. Make it a suit upgrade. I dunno, something.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Just to be clear, "jumping inversely proportional to gravity" means lower gravity=higher jump, and higher gravity=lower jump...in other words, jumping is variable with gravity.

Reaction score
    Next time, maybe say that, even though it takes more keystrokes, instead of using big science~y words that mean that, so those of us with slower-running brains can actually comprehend it?

It took me 20 fecking minutes to comprehend that "inversely proportional" bit the first time around, (and I've even used those words in the same way!) and that was mostly because I like browsing through these forums at the end of the gaming day. Meaning that I'm a little tired when I go looking. (and I'm allready a bit on the slow side)

I cannot possibly be the only one that chooses to forum-browse after I've done everything else for the day.