Community Build Initiative: Cargo Ship

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    My favorite entry so far... Scores extremely high in the cuteness factor, and it's all-around designed and executed nicely :)

My Entry. First upload after about 7 years :D

SC_Aquila | StarMade Dock
    What a coincidence, the ship I'm building for this competition also has such a "lightly framed glass ball" cockpit style (my first experiment with such a design) :D
    Your whole ship looks cool, I'll inspect it ingame.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    CONTENT LINK: "OrbHead"

Official ad for the OrbHead line of light freighters:

"We at the delivery division of Cyberspace Shipyards, Inc. are continually flabbergasted at the stuff you people are willing to order from off-world distributors. You can probably buy most of it in your own damn country, but nooo, you're convinced it's more fashionable if it was manufactured in orbit around Uranus. You could just download those Mars Base sunset wallpapers from NASA's website, but you simply can't survive without those large prints produced at the base itself, can you? And for heaven's sake, isn't there enough drinkable water on Earth?! No, all you self-indulgent snobs can't hydrate with anything less expensive than samples of Europa's ice crust...

Just kidding, we at the CSSY Courier company aren't actually that judgmental. You're entitled to waste your money on whatever, as long as you pay for the metric-shit-tons of fuel we use in our deliveries. The latest of our cargo vessels, the quad-engined OrbHead model, features customized "intakes", which ensure fuel leakage on a highly profitable level. No route will ever be short enough to prevent us from charging you with a Caspian Sea worth of LH2 and oxidizer, ridiculously above market prices.

Don't forget, if you wish to burn through your savings like OrbHead through propellant, choose CSSY Courier!
    If you want your bank account vacuumed like how space sucks out his fuel, choose CSSY Courier!
    If you're aching to get all-around ripped off, good and proper, choose CSSY Courier!

CSSY Courier - your most reliable rocket fuel reseller." ;)

8.png

Last edited:

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I have edited the deadline on the OP to be more accurate; the final deadline is now the 23rd of April, 23:59/11:59pm, UTC+1.

Reactions: MeRobo
    Reaction score
    Unfortunately, I got a few shells started, but kept getting sidetracked and didn't get anything finished.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Angel Works Shipyard is proud to introduce the Rotterdam Class Cargo Mover and Tugboat

To fill the need to move around a fast amount of cargo containers and large ships within spaceports, Angel Works Shipyard introduces the Rotterdam Class Cargo Tugboat

It's capable of attaching and hauling two CG-I Type 29 standard issue containers while also using it's front reinforced buffers to push large ships with precision.
    It features a frontal USD port, two AMS for self defence against debris or asteroids aswell as heavy duty RCS thrusters in addition to the main thruster section.
    For the deployment within gravitational fields the ship features fixed landing feet.
    It's rugged and simplistic industrial design makes it perfect for needs of modern economic spaceport usage. Get yours today!

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Wish I'd seen this earlier. Came back a day or so after the closing line. :(

I LOVE making cargo ships!!!

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Sorry about the wait! We've had a combination of technical issues with the recordings, and scheduling issues preventing all of us from being in the same VC for too long to do the recordings.

Reactions: docpenguindoc

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I did it! So for people in the future thinking "I don't have the time", I did this in less than four days after a long break from SM, when the competition was 4 weeks! ;)

starmade-screenshot-0044.png

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The video is coming along nicely now I blame Plaz for it going slowly ))))

So I feel confident enough to release this poll for the next competition, which will be in several weeks' time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    These challenges are fun! I was just wondering if it would be worth having a "Default Stations" one at some point (or as well as) because I think it is about time that the old power and weapon stations should be replaced and what better way? Even refits of existing stations perhaps? The last competition did a lot for the activity in the game and this could also include NPC faction assets too!