The Thryn [recruiting]

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Today instead of working on the Kol I worked on writing and combing my trove of images in imgur.
    https://starmadedock.net/content/m67a1e3-linebacker-class-corvette.4127/

Can't believe I never got the refit finished, but I will stop dragging my heels and hope that feedback gives me determination to finish something new besides just the Washtenaw and project Sumo Deimos.

Speaking of Washtenaw, have an update! Fixed some issues with it, narrowed down the BP block list, and made a change log under the update.
    Apparently I had the factiontech version up on the forums by accident for about a week or more with a fully functional Instanced Logic Drive (code-named X drive) mounted on it... glad that it was not a popular enough craft for people to accidentally find it and copy/paste it. Could of been bad! o_O
    Yay updates. Next I might post that turret up if people want it.
    https://starmadedock.net/content/washtenaw-heavy-skirmisher-public-release.3805/
    You can still download old versions you know? On your view the previous versions will have an X beside them. You'll want to click that mate.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    This is why you always faction and dock, or else Thryn will come along and steal your 398k

I think I now hold the record for largest ship stolen (at least that I know of, who knows)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    This is why you always faction and dock, or else Thryn will come along and steal your 398k

I think I now hold the record for largest ship stolen (at least that I know of, who knows)
    [2:35:00 AM] Heillos: Risky, turrets are a thing
    [2:35:03 AM] Heillos: Shall i draw aggro?
    [2:35:05 AM] Jaaskinal: no turrets or anything going to murder me off that bat?
    [2:35:07 AM] Jaaskinal: ah
    [2:35:07 AM] Jaaskinal: hm
    [2:35:18 AM] Jaaskinal: de-cloak then cloak
    [2:35:21 AM] Jaaskinal: see how fast they turn
    [2:35:26 AM] Heillos: alright
    [2:35:45 AM] Jaaskinal: whoops clicked spawn anyways
    [2:35:48 AM] Jaaskinal: guess we’ll see :p
    [2:36:05 AM] Heillos: I observed no movement
    [2:36:17 AM] Jaaskinal: oh ho ho he left his door open
    [2:36:23 AM] Jaaskinal: this makes this more convenient
    [2:37:00 AM] Jaaskinal: all his comps are in the core room
    [2:37:02 AM] Jaaskinal: glorious
    [2:39:48 AM] Jaaskinal: so
    [2:39:52 AM] Jaaskinal: we’ve stolen the ship
    [2:40:21 AM] Heillos: this is unbelieveable
    [2:43:12 AM] Jaaskinal: I think I know what happened
    [2:43:14 AM] Jaaskinal: this is magic
    [2:43:18 AM] Jaaskinal: so, it was docked, right?
    [2:43:21 AM] Jaaskinal: but it was unfactioned
    [2:43:25 AM] Jaaskinal: so I couldn’t damage it
    [2:43:29 AM] Jaaskinal: but I could enter the core
    [2:43:32 AM] Jaaskinal: and undock it myself
    [2:44:23 AM] Heillos: Makes sense, really
    [2:44:30 AM] Heillos: This is why people faction shit
    [2:44:51 AM] Jaaskinal: yes
    [2:45:02 AM] Jaaskinal: and this is why you don’t leave your doors open

Idk why you wouldn't faction your ships, but I guess this will be a painful lesson to whoever was the owner of this thing.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I will be on break from faction business for a while. Jaaskinal will be maintaining order.

Reaction score
    it was a mistake. i deleted the block in build advance mode(it was like a 10x10x10 misclick remove mode and redo's do not remember faction id.. i did not even know it was unfactioned, a bit disappointed no one said hey did you know your ship is unfactioned.. i apologize for my reaction but i was reliving real life moments where i did get mugged and the emotions one feels. we are still human afterall

Last edited:

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    it was a mistake. i deleted the block in build advance mode(it was like a 10x10x10 misclick remove mode and redo's do not remember faction id.. i did not even know it was unfactioned, a bit disappointed no one said hey did you know your ship is unfactioned.. i apologize for my reaction but i was reliving real life moments where i did get mugged and the emotions one feels. we are still human afterall
    I'm still terribly sorry about that. All I really wanted to do was bring up the notification that you can't enter factioned ships by pressing 'r' on the core. I sort of panicked once I got inside, undocked, and headed for Thryn base. It's unfortunate to have learned of this exploit with such a large and valuable ship though.

Reactions: Master_Artificer
    Reaction score
    the GUI prompting could be a bit more in your face about faction stuff with ships. save on the paranoid enter faction signature every time you enter build mode feel.

Reaction score
    Due to a general lack of interest in the game, we are unable to maintain the level of cohesion and comradery that we originally set out to achieve as a faction. Because of this lack of cohesion, we are entering a period of openness - Glasnost, if you will. Members of Thryn will be allowed to join factions willing to take them, but may be called back should certain circumstances arise. We will still be recruiting, but we may tighten up our recruitment standards, as we only want to invite those who will contribute socially and through their knowledge.

Reactions: Lecic

Winterhome

Reaction score

Presenting the TMS Magnolia Prototype.

The first ship made by myself in a long-ass time - imperfect, but workable, and definitely capable of killing things. It was made before the Fleet update, so pardon the ridiculous placement of the corvettes docked to the ship. Those things will more often be seen flying alongside the ship after the next update to the ship.

Most recent update to the ship has added some of the proprietary logic shenanigans that we use, along with a chain jumpdrive that Jaaskinal has so kindly provided to Community Content. Seriously, if you aren't using Jaaskinal's most recent chaindrive, you should be.

Total mass of 245k, reduced to 200k when the drones are released.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Due to a general lack of interest in the game, we are unable to maintain the level of cohesion and comradery that we originally set out to achieve as a faction. Because of this lack of cohesion, we are entering a period of openness - Glasnost, if you will. Members of Thryn will be allowed to join factions willing to take them, but may be called back should certain circumstances arise. We will still be recruiting, but we may tighten up our recruitment standards, as we only want to invite those who will contribute socially and through their knowledge.
    I might go and join NFD and see if I can get any of them to finish or help out with my excess of hulls.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4

The first ship made by myself in a long-ass time - imperfect, but workable, and definitely capable of killing things. It was made before the Fleet update, so pardon the ridiculous placement of the corvettes docked to the ship. Those things will more often be seen flying alongside the ship after the next update to the ship.

Most recent update to the ship has added some of the proprietary logic shenanigans that we use, along with a chain jumpdrive that Jaaskinal has so kindly provided to Community Content. Seriously, if you aren't using Jaaskinal's most recent chaindrive, you should be.

It was once believed that the definition of fear was the unknown. This ship is not fear, but close enough, hence I award you the 'Fuck Everything Up for Starters' badge. :p

Reactions: Winterhome

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive

BREAKING NEWS
    +++
    There is currently an ongoing situation where an unmanned and believed to be "unactivated" Magnolia has broken free of it's moorings at TempThrynBase and on a murderous rampage across space, with players such as "gamerlava" reportedly falling victim to the rogue ship.
    Efforts to track down the unmanned craft have been successful and a it is currently under tow back to its base, where we will need to consult with diehard 40k fans about how do deal with an agressive machine-spirit. Once proper rites and incense have been applied to stabilize the situation, an investigation will be launched as to how this ship started to seek out and kill players, and to just how close we could of been to losing a warship to hostile boarding.
    +++
    We now return you to your regular scheduled programming of factionballs and reaction images.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lecic and Jaaskinal

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Magnolia update: The hotbars are getting too crowded ;-;

Winterhome

Reaction score

Pardon the lack of sound/music - don't have any video editing tools on hand at the moment and I don't really feel like getting any, and Youtube's music selection is absolutely pathetic

Little backstory - We were planning on gate-crashing a party on the 27th and wiping out two fleets in one go. It didn't happen, unfortunately. To maintain the element of surprise, I and the rest of Thryn used an alt faction to gather resources. I later admitted to this on Teamspeak, and OAS decided that we had tried to lag the server out by crashing ships into planets despite an absolute lack of evidence. They took offense at this and decided to try to camp our temporary homebase.

Jumped in on top of him, forgot to start recording until a few seconds into the fight. Had my paint very lightly scratched, and he ran like all hell was breaking loose the instant he realized he wouldn't be able to survive. Another, smaller ship was floating around, but I hadn't noticed it and stopped recording preemptively.

I would have given chase, but my inhibitor system is impossible to turn off, on account of my erroneous belief that people picking a fight would actually fight.

He later returned with reinforcements, because that's the only reasonable course of action when you're certain your ship is going to be ripped in half if you go in alone. At this point, given the sheer enormity of their jumpdrives (which could probably keep a small planet permajumping), I didn't really feel like repeating the process of wiping out their shields and watching them run away, so I left on sublight engines.

Of course, I accidentally flew too close to a star after retreating (seriously, when did white stars get their damage radius buffed?), which ended up undocking pretty much everything from my ship and blasting it in half, so the thing had to be scrapped. Heat shielding when, schema?

Last edited:

LordSidonus

Imperial Hivemind
    Reaction score
    Azereiah, I expected better from you than that. Footage and an update has been posted correcting your mistakes on information. I truly hope you can now grasp the reality that a Magnolia warping on an Abaddon is just not something smart to do, see you and your faction on the battlefield.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Azereiah, I expected better from you than that. Footage and an update has been posted correcting your mistakes on information. I truly hope you can now grasp the reality that a Magnolia warping on an Abaddon is just not something smart to do, see you and your faction on the battlefield.
    what is it with you guys and calling each other liars all the damn time?
    Ever thought about someone might just have gotten some wrong information or misunderstood something?
    Hell maybe it was even just not worded right. Just dont go around calling everyone liars all the time, would you?

Winterhome

Reaction score
    I apologize for the prior semi-flamey post - I called it how I saw it and didn't consider that perhaps lag played a major part in the efficiency of a jump inhibitor. I won't apologize, however, for my confidence in my ship's armor and structure HP - it held up just as well as I expected it to in a second battle.

Lord_Sidonus and I took part in a 1v1 battle, and though it was fairly long, it was quite entertaining. Unfortunately, the battle was unbalanced by Sidonus crashing due to a mass reactor undock, and he wasn't able to render anything after relogging, so we decided to call the match outcome as a mismatch.

Well fought.

Forgive the lack of video - I wasn't able to record, because goddamn OBS didn't start recording when I pressed the goddamn hotkey :mad: