The Thryn [recruiting]

Reaction score

We are the Thryn

We believe in working together to create change in the server we play on, the game, and the community. We are a social/engineering faction. We build for the sake of beauty and effectiveness - one without the other is unbalanced and lackluster. We cooperate in construction and destruction, all for the sake of fun. Conflict is inevitable, and we will not be shied away from it, but it is not what we seek. Personal ships are permitted, but we would kindly ask for them to be included in the fleet.

Current Officers

Jaaskinal - Founder and Co-Leader - Gone Phishing
    Azereiah - Founder and Co-Leader
    Karkinosz - Adviser
    Refirendum - Adviser
    Heillos - Adviser

Current Members

Krosulhah
    NaturallySuper
    Pholopalus

Stalker_HUN
    Poodleinacan
    KatCrusader
    Master_Artificer
    Jorgekorke
    Tunk
    ASM
    Panik Attak

TheGeek007

Unofficial Anschlussed Members*

Nauvran

*In our Skype group, but not officially with us.

The Faction Rules

Our rules are here to protect our hard work and your own. They allow us to function effectively as a faction, and to keep a nice atmosphere for our chats, and our communities.

There are four main categories for our rules.​

1. Real life always comes first.

You have a job. You have school. You have friends. You have loved ones. Emergencies happen. If something happens on your end, we'll be waiting for your return. If you need to take temporary leave of the faction due to real life, we'll understand - though announcing it is very much preferable.

2. All members are held to the same standards.

Our officers and our recruits must all follow all of our rules. We will have no internal hypocrisy. If officers are not held to high standards, members will follow their example. We will assess infractions on a case-by-case basis, but punishment may be swift and unforgiving.

3. Proper conduct is a requirement.

• Respect. Treat all people with respect. Allies, enemies, new players and old players. Foul behavior is to be avoided. After a battle, we will not brag about our victory or whine about our defeat. Internally we may fill our ranks with cheer, but to the outside, we must remain somber. Do not whine about others actions, they may have motivations we do not know. Everyone is equal, do not believe yourself, or anyone one else, to be better than any other person.

• Compassion. Aid players in need. If someone asks how a mechanic works, explain it to the best of your ability. Do not scoff at them or reject them for their ignorance. However, do not attempt to assist people with opinions. Someones opinions are their own, and beyond informing them of how a mechanic works, you will be unable to change their opinion - and that's ok. In addition, do not assist the lazy, teach all who wish to learn to fish, but do not give them fish. If someone wants help with a project, if you want to work on the project, you may, but do not feel obligated to do so.

• Duty. If you volunteer to complete a task, please do so. If you fail in doing so, or otherwise can not, please inform us. You are important, and your work is important, but if you cant handle responsibility than there is no shame in handing it to someone else.

• Loyalty. If you are a Thryn, then you are a Thryn. If you wish to leave us, please leave as a friend. Keep in touch with us, and should you wish to return we will welcome you back with open arms. Do not take faction resources for personal endeavors. Issues that involve the faction or the members within the faction are to stay within the faction and with the members. Do not carelessly mention members issues outside the faction.

4. Communication is key.

Skype and Teamspeak3 are required for membership. Before logging into a server, check the factions skype to see if anyone is sieging the base and if logging in would result in a loss of FP, potentially endangering our faction. If someone is doing so, and you are online, please notify the skype group. Do note that discretion is required, as many subjects talked about in the Thryn Skype chat are of a personal nature, or are inappropriate for discussing with non-Thryn members. If you're unsure, ask an officer before you talk about it.

How to Join

The format is as follows. Mandatory information is marked with an asterisk (*).

*Ingame Name:
    Starmade Skills:

Starmade Preferences:

*Previous Works Built (block building game builds and/or real life engineering projects - please include pictures):

*Previous Factions:

*What You Want to Do in the Faction:

*Timezone ( The World Clock — Worldwide ): GMT (+/-)

*Referring Officer (only necessary if forum post count is under 25):

Applying is not a guarantee of acceptance. We are looking for players that will fit in with our social climate, and that have a willingness to learn. If we've heard of you, and we like you, the chance that we will accept you is very high. If we've helped you in the past, and remember that, you're fairly likely. If we've never heard of you, you should have examples of your work ready, and be prepared for an interview via chat or in game. Post applications in the main thread, do not PM them to officers.

We are not a militaristic faction. We are a group of friends. If we do not think you would fit in, but you are otherwise a good recruit, we may possibly recommend you to other factions.

Media
    StarSide: Blood and Steel Tournament - Day 2, Match 4, Tartaran Empire vs. Thryn Monarchy

StarSide: Blood and Steel Tournament - Day 2, Semifinals, Drakkart vs. Thryn Monarchy

StarSide: Blood and Steel Tournament - Finals, Sven_The_Slayer vs. Thryn Monarchy

Blood and Steel: Season Two videos will be posted and shared if Starside posts them. This may be unlikely however, since it's already been more than a month, and they only have the beginning of day one out.

Last edited:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I will just keep editing this post if I have any pictures to contribute to faction or anything.

Thryn - Washtenaw Heavy Skirmisher
    Blurb about how cool it is will be added in the future... also ignore the 5th picture, it is a wip shot and I cant delete it apparently.
    Public Version is now on the Community Content!

--

This is my fleet lineup of all the hulls I have worked on/working on, going back to before I made a SMD account.

*Disclaimer: the Gallente Velator is Criss's Hull, but it was significant enough to include, because it was the first ship I had on EE when I rejoined Starmade after poking around when scott mannly first debut the game. It was completely stripped and refitted, because back then Criss liked to build systems out of lights. I cannot claim that I made the hull, just modifications to the hull. I loved that ship, and lost it/got it shot up many times.
    **The Yellow ship was based off of this art. It was abandoned when the green Algos was started.
    ***The top ship, the Linebacker, is my oldest and most completed ship. It is being refitted for the 3rd time, and is like 60% interior.

Is it bad that this is the first time I bothered to read through all of the faction rules?

Last edited:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    hmmm
    Should I apply or should I just keep being annoying in the skype chat?

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I might start breaking down chat groups :p
    Continue at your own risk
    Noooo, Im having so much fun in here, dont take it away from me :u

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    how'd I become an advisor? (it's Advisor where I'm from, rather than Adviser. if that makes any difference to you)
    lol
    anyways, -raises hand- Present in the building!

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    how'd I become an advisor? (it's Advisor where I'm from, rather than Adviser. if that makes any difference to you)
    lol
    anyways, -raises hand- Present in the building!
    Officer position, but we don't do military naming conventions or anything. :P

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Hey guys, I never thought I would really say this, but we should check out that Mushroom Fleet server.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    mot the MF server. i played there once, was working on soemthing, and then they reset. i was like, does this happen all the time? the resets? and the consensus was yes. so i'm never ever going back.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    mot the MF server. i played there once, was working on soemthing, and then they reset. i was like, does this happen all the time? the resets? and the consensus was yes. so i'm never ever going back.
    I personally do not have any complaints with the server but that's your choice.
    SystemHack better
    I would recommend SystemHack as well. A strong, growing server with a relatively large server community.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

TMS Tethys LSV-1v06 features improved aesthetics, an integrated instead of docked ring, improved power capacity, jump drive power, and replacement of low power beam turrets with more point defense.