yes but say it aloud, "babb-ee", i promise it hits harder

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Flaming II
    So apparently the Vaygr has decided to try to ruin our *good* name :^)

This guy decided that he would try to make peace with us, but only on the forums. Now, none of us had agreed to this deal yet, but typically when you want someone else to be more mature, you do it yourself first. Even his leader told him not to try to make a deal. Now, we don't know why his leader told him not to do that. Maybe he knew it would fail, maybe he wanted something else. We don't know, it's up for individuals to judge.

Now, I'm not a great person. I was openly hostile to this since I was invited to the PM. I try to post less now, and I try to keep it more matter of fact. I'm not perfect at this, and I still post bad things from time to time, but it's getting better.

Here's the whole thing (in text form so he can't delete it : D)

Terms of the Concordat

The signing factions agree to the following clauses, these are to be practiced both in game, on the forums and beyond.

These clauses will be in effect indefinitely unless one of the signing parties chooses to no longer be bound by the concordat or are removed for violating Clause 5.

Clause 1:- Signing factions agree to cease all flaming and shittalking to others who sign this agreement

• Clause 1.1:- Flaming is defined as insulting, teasing, bullying or just in general being a dick to anyone part of the signing parties
    • Clause 1.2:- Shitalking is defined as any kind of slander and libel directed at another person or entity who has signed the concordat

Clause 2:- Signing factions agree to cease all dishonorable conduct both on the forums, in game and beyond

• Clause 2.1:- Dishonorable conduct is defined differently depending on where it occurred
    • Clause 2.2:- When in game, dishonorable conduct is defined as conducting any of the following actions while knowledgeable that the concordat prohibits it, Sabotage via alternate accounts, breaching the terms of a prearranged battle, failing to honor a 1 versus 1 battle or any of the like and damaging vessels engaged in combat while the pilot is disconnected as a result of a game/server crash
    • Clause 2.3:- When on forums dishonorable conduct is defined as conducting any of the following actions while knowledgeable that the concordat prohibits it, Lying about battle reports, doxxing and stealing potential recruits

Clause 3:- Signing factions agree to settle all differences and arguments in honorable combat, terms of honorable combat must be discussed and agreed to before by all involved parties before battle takes place.

Clause 4:- Signing factions agree to remove all anything that breaches the concordat from the History of Factions Document as well as remove bias.

Clause 5:- Any signing factions that breach the terms of the concordat are to be removed from the concordat and be denounced by all the remaining signing factions.

Clause 6:- Any faction leader or representative of the faction leader may sign the concordat, once signed you are bound by the terms of the concordat until you make the decision to no longer be bound or are removed for breaching Clause 5.

Please sign with your ingame name and the faction you represent below the line.

By signing the concordat, you agree to be bound by all the terms of the concordat.

______________________________________________________________________________

Now, I should probably state why I didn't agree with this. If you're going to be an ass, like me, you at least have to be a justified ass.

This was probably a good idea in Imaginations head, and probably had good intentions behind it, but here's why I don't like it: It always favors Odiums goals and meets no middle ground.

Here's my opinion on each part;

Clause 1 is basically impossible to be bound by. People on both sides will continue to flame each other from time to time as long as both sides exist. This isn't necessarily a bad thing either, it advertises both factions. It puts us both at the front of nearly every starmade faction discussion.

Clause 2 is extremely broad and could very easily lead to flaming and negative discussions as one side would claim dishonorable conduct, while the other side would dispute it. What happens if you find a mining claim? Would it be dishonorable to destroy it? What about an abandoned ship? What about an afk player, do you need to wait for them to pay attention to you to kill them? Alternate accounts would be banned as well, but what about accounts that aren't alternate accounts? What about members that have gone by unnoticed by the other side that you use to infiltrate them or otherwise harass them. (And of course to flame a bit here) Lying about battle reports? Who would do that, people who admit their losses and embrace them or the people with the "perfect combat record" :^)

Clause 3 is pretty problematic. The Vaygrs want fights, and are having a hard time finding proficient enemies. Apparently they believe that we're proficient enough to warrant a fight based on their attentiveness to us. I refuse to fight them. I'm really fucking petty, and still bitter over their constant attempts to doxx and cause issues outside of the forums. Is this really justified? Probably not, but by agreeing to this document, I would be required to fight them any time I disagree with them, putting the ball entirely in their court.

Clause 4, Salt Boogaloo. I don't understand how the history document is still a point of contention for them, and it probably has a few inaccuracies just in the nature of it, but I have seen them try to erase things that definitely happened. Sometimes things that weren't even that bad to begin with.

Clause 5 is difficult because of what I've stated in clauses 1 and 2. At any point if some newbie runs their mouth off, or some random sets up shop and harasses either side, people are going to blame each other. Because of the stronk alliances on both sides, and their inability to admit any fault of their own, or accept any misunderstanding or mistake on another's part, both sides will be bitter fucks towards each other and *kick* the other side out from their understanding of the concordant.

Clause 6 doesn't really have anything wrong with it. It's really just a bit of lawyer garble.

Of course, I want *peace* too. This constant flaming from both sides is really just annoying and unnecessary at this point. I don't think any solid agreement or contract or concordant is going to solve this though.

We all just have to be more mature than we presently are, and grow tired of it. Like I said at the start of this, I've pretty much stopped flaming outright, and have more or less just been taking small, inconsequential joking jabs at the other side. I'm not entirely sure about the other side, since I haven't even been reading much on the forums at all, but it seems like most people have just stopped.

Randoms and casuals are beginning to look down on all of the people who are continuing to post. I know some peoples opinion of me has been tainted, and I have been out of this for a while. I cannot begin to imagine the distaste people will have for this behavior weeks, months and years down the line.

Hopefully both sides can own up to their differences and understand that not playing *the game* is the simplest solution to your problems.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1462148384,1462148225][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So apparently the flamiest faction in the whole of SMD has decided to try to ruin our *good* name :^)

This guy decided that he would try to make peace with us, even while he continues to flame! : D Even while his leader has told him not to do that. Now, we don't know why his leader told him not to do that, maybe he knew it would fail, maybe he wanted to keep flaming. We don't know, it's up for individuals to judge.

Now, I'm not a great person. I was openly hostile to this since I was invited to the PM. I've stopped flaming publicly for a while though, but maybe I need to make a momentary return.

Here's the whole thing (in text form so he can't delete it : D)

Terms of the Concordat

The signing factions agree to the following clauses, these are to be practiced both in game, on the forums and beyond.

These clauses will be in effect indefinitely unless one of the signing parties chooses to no longer be bound by the concordat or are removed for violating Clause 5.

Clause 1:- Signing factions agree to cease all flaming and shittalking to others who sign this agreement

• Clause 1.1:- Flaming is defined as insulting, teasing, bullying or just in general being a dick to anyone part of the signing parties
    • Clause 1.2:- Shitalking is defined as any kind of slander and libel directed at another person or entity who has signed the concordat

Clause 2:- Signing factions agree to cease all dishonorable conduct both on the forums, in game and beyond

• Clause 2.1:- Dishonorable conduct is defined differently depending on where it occurred
    • Clause 2.2:- When in game, dishonorable conduct is defined as conducting any of the following actions while knowledgeable that the concordat prohibits it, Sabotage via alternate accounts, breaching the terms of a prearranged battle, failing to honor a 1 versus 1 battle or any of the like and damaging vessels engaged in combat while the pilot is disconnected as a result of a game/server crash
    • Clause 2.3:- When on forums dishonorable conduct is defined as conducting any of the following actions while knowledgeable that the concordat prohibits it, Lying about battle reports, doxxing and stealing potential recruits

Clause 3:- Signing factions agree to settle all differences and arguments in honorable combat, terms of honorable combat must be discussed and agreed to before by all involved parties before battle takes place.

Clause 4:- Signing factions agree to remove all anything that breaches the concordat from the History of Factions Document as well as remove bias.

Clause 5:- Any signing factions that breach the terms of the concordat are to be removed from the concordat and be denounced by all the remaining signing factions.

Clause 6:- Any faction leader or representative of the faction leader may sign the concordat, once signed you are bound by the terms of the concordat until you make the decision to no longer be bound or are removed for breaching Clause 5.

Please sign with your ingame name and the faction you represent below the line.

By signing the concordat, you agree to be bound by all the terms of the concordat.

______________________________________________________________________________

Now, I should probably state why I didn't agree with this. If you're going to be an ass, like me, you at least have to be a justified ass.

This was probably a good idea in Imaginations head, and probably had good intentions behind it, but here's why I don't like it: It always favors Odiums goals and meets no middle ground.

Here's my opinion on each part;

Clause 1 is basically impossible to be bound by. People on both sides will continue to flame each other from time to time as long as both sides exist. This isn't necessarily a bad thing either, it advertises both factions. It puts us both at the front of nearly every starmade faction discussion.

Clause 2 is extremely broad and could very easily lead to flaming and negative discussions as one side would claim dishonorable conduct, while the other side would dispute it. What happens if you find a mining claim? Would it be dishonorable to destroy it? What about an abandoned ship? What about an afk player, do you need to wait for them to pay attention to you to kill them? Alternate accounts would be banned as well, but what about accounts that aren't alternate accounts? What about members that have gone by unnoticed by the other side that you use to infiltrate them or otherwise harass them. (And of course to flame a bit here) Lying about battle reports? Who would do that, people who admit their losses and embrace them or the people with the "perfect combat record" :^)

Clause 3 is pretty problematic. The Vaygrs want fights, and are having a hard time finding proficient enemies. Apparently they believe that we're proficient enough to warrant a fight based on their attentiveness to us. I refuse to fight them. I'm really fucking petty, and still bitter over their constant attempts to doxx and cause issues outside of the forums. Is this really justified? Probably not, but by agreeing to this document, I would be required to fight them any time I disagree with them, putting the ball entirely in their court.

Clause 4, Salt Boogaloo. I don't understand how the history document is still a point of contention for them, and it probably has a few inaccuracies just in the nature of it, but I have seen them try to erase things that definitely happened. Sometimes things that weren't even that bad to begin with.

Clause 5 is difficult because of what I've stated in clauses 1 and 2. At any point if some newfag runs their mouth off, or some random sets up shop and harasses either side, people are going to blame each other. Because of the stronk alliances on both sides, and their inability to admit any fault of their own, or accept any misunderstanding or mistake on another's part, both sides will be bitter fucks towards each other and *kick* the other side out from their understanding of the concordant.

Clause 6 doesn't really have anything wrong with it. It's really just a bit of lawyer garble.

Of course, I want *peace* too. This constant flaming from both sides is really just annoying and unnecessary at this point. I don't think any solid agreement or contract or concordant is going to solve this though.

We all just have to be more mature than we presently are, and grow tired of it. Like I said at the start of this, I've pretty much stopped flaming outright, and have more or less just been taking small, inconsequential joking jabs at the other side. I'm not entirely sure about the other side, since I haven't even been reading much on the forums at all, but it seems like most people have just stopped. All that's left are the pettiest and saltiest.

Hopefully you faggots on both sides can get over this, I'm out.
    Also, mods, please don't delete this. PM me what you want me to change, and just give me double points.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We all just have to be more mature than we presently are, and grow tired of it. Like I said at the start of this, I've pretty much stopped flaming outright, and have more or less just been taking small, inconsequential joking jabs at the other side. I'm not entirely sure about the other side, since I haven't even been reading much on the forums at all, but it seems like most people have just stopped. All that's left are the pettiest and saltiest.
    Just to note, I am agreeing with the segment that I selected above. Most of this was long dormant, barely a concern to either party, and for a while it was pretty nice like that. In the event of conflict I will do my best to act impartially and let valid points be made, but that is not reason to continue something that died months ago.

In the event those jabs are not appreciated feel free to poke fun at me, I will only bite if you want me to. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    ok the following is just a joke. I had a serious post to make but it just got lost in the wastes.

Jaask pretty much as it. Anyway to attempt to barter such an agreement was beyond what imagination should have attempted in the first place. It's a pretty common opinion among thryn that imagination is an alt, although in this case we aren't pressing to report anything in good faith.

The thing is that, if was an alt he'd already know better than to try this. We all already know where this goes and to try is futile, we'd rather just go cold turkey on interacting with odium and carry on in the community.

And if by some miracle Imagination isn't an alt? Then he's a clear vaygr version of 0Samuel0 . A person drunk on delusions of grandeur about the odium-thryn/TNT situation without the proper background and knowledge to understand what he is doing. Samuel spouted all the same lines and even tried to barter a 'peace' just as imagination does now, the difference being that samuel was part of a defanged CR while imagination is a dog of Zoro.

The thing is, to both imagination and odium. Your kind of like the creepy ex. We've moved on from the rather abusive relationship of our EE days and some of the genx drama, these days we'd rather see different people.

I can't say much for TNT but thryn has had plenty of fun without you folks, from having our guest star (torchy) mess with MEF on hypercore. There were some fun times on SS (although that servers chronic lag problems never helped.) And our current debacle on galaxies aflame has been fun among other things. /s

Reaction score
    After much discussion over much time, our officers and leaders have made a decision.

Lecic is leaving Thryn.

Good luck, friend. Maybe at some point in the future you'll be able to come back to us.

Reactions: Blaza612

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Due to personal issues, I'm taking a break from Starmade and all faction business.

Reactions: Lecic

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    no sad rating button :(

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Okay; bye, see you soon, be back later, astalavista, adios, Sayonara, aloha, vale!

Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    IGN: OttoVonBismarck

Starmade Skills: Building, Ship-to-Ship combat

Starmade Preferences:

*Previous Works Built: Pisces-Class Battleship (photo included below this post.)

*Previous Factions: New Elysium

*What You Want to Do in the Faction: Build gargantuan warships for the faction to use, and to captain one myself.

*Timezone ( The World Clock — Worldwide ): British Standard Time (BST) / GMT +1

*Referring Officer (only necessary if forum post count is under 25): None. I found my own way here. Does the flag count?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464582988,1464582850][/DOUBLEPOST]Below is the only existing photo of the Pisces-Class Battleship, before it was destroyed by a squadron of fighters a day later. It was never completed, nor armed.

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Unfortunately, the faction is pretty much dead. Both leaders have left, I believe.

I'd change the faction tag to [closed], but I managed to lose the faction account password.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Unfortunately, the faction is pretty much dead. Both leaders have left, I believe.

I'd change the faction tag to [closed], but I managed to lose the faction account password.
    I believe you can get a moderator to change the name?