The Thryn [recruiting]

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So today was a highly productive day of various workings and inventions and ideas.

Tunk: oh, I just thought of something ballstarded
    Tunk: [classified]
    FlyingDebris: ...
    FlyingDebris: tunk we seriously need to lock you away somewhere

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    We did some new stuff on the SS server yesterday:

We tried to go after people pirating newbies, because they already condensed the stuff newbies had for us.
    Why go after the newbs when you can hit the people and take the stuff they stole! Much less work :3

Unfortunately, we forgot to turn on jump inhibitor, so he escaped after aze blew through one side of his ship and out the other.
    Was fun though, so success.

One of our new members was almost ganked, but we were well prepared to deal with an event like that

We were going to display the ship as a trophy, buuuuttt not enough of it left.

Shards of the Ether showed back up in a 77k mass ship to 'teach us a lesson', so we took a bunch of small 5k mass ships and forced him to jump out. Took the picture a half second too late, doh!

Swarmer boat did scrap many of the ships though, so we needed to rebuild them.

Also had two more fights that I didn't participate in so very active on SS and lots of good times :)

Reactions: Unnamed25

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I didn't forget to turn on the inhibitor, I broke it :P

And the 77k mass ship, we fought it off with a bunch of 3k mass newbie ships and a 22k mass Apollyon, but yeah. Big day yesterday. :D

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    We also pirated the pirates with an idiot magnet. I'll write more about that when the exploit that lead to that gets fixed.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    We have a pretty sweet Homebase on SS, i'm sure some pictures of it will make it's way onto here once we get the docking straightened out and some of the mess cleaned up. :)

Also welcome TheGeek007 to the faction.

Did some good fighting on the Ares server, got to test out some of our lower end ships and fight each other, notes were taken and shared at the end of it.
    Good weekend over all!

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    We did some new stuff on the SS server yesterday:

We tried to go after people pirating newbies, because they already condensed the stuff newbies had for us.
    Why go after the newbs when you can hit the people and take the stuff they stole! Much less work :3

Unfortunately, we forgot to turn on jump inhibitor, so he escaped after aze blew through one side of his ship and out the other.
    Was fun though, so success.

One of our new members was almost ganked, but we were well prepared to deal with an event like that

We were going to display the ship as a trophy, buuuuttt not enough of it left.

Shards of the Ether showed back up in a 77k mass ship to 'teach us a lesson', so we took a bunch of small 5k mass ships and forced him to jump out. Took the picture a half second too late, doh!

Swarmer boat did scrap many of the ships though, so we needed to rebuild them.

Also had two more fights that I didn't participate in so very active on SS and lots of good times :)
    The good stuff only happens when I'm dead drunk away from home. :/

Reaction score
    Almost ganked? LOL that was a non-combat ship I visited in. I even said hi. If I was trying to gank, why would I fly right into your station, right up in front of your biggest ship?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Almost ganked? LOL that was a non-combat ship I visited in. I even said hi. If I was trying to gank, why would I fly right into your station, right up in front of your biggest ship?
    ...Because you didn't notice we had a big ship?

And at the time we invited a new player and had communicated with him over public chat (our mistake number one) to go to our home base from spawn after he had talked with the admin in public chat about getting the cargo crate (our mistake number two).

So us getting a warning about a neutral in-system in seconds after our new recruit had arived with the cargo crate worth millions of credits caused us to be jumpy. You accelerating and nearly intercepting him 6-8km from our base when he was trying to get under the defensive umbrella of our base guns (still too far away tho at that range) would of worked too, if not for Aze warping in with his meddling Apollyon.

If it truly was a visit, sorry, we were on edge because of information we knew and due to the circumstances listed above.

We only have a motley fleet of low end ships on SS right now, but will fight you outmassed if we can get enough of our members online when the server has preferably less than 25 people.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Warn us or ask first D:
    As Artificer said, that looked a whole hell of a lot like an attempted cargo can swipe, which people had been doing all day with similarly sized ships.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

New New Amsterdam is now holding some territory for us on SS.

Reaction score
    Ingame Name: Doc

Starmade Skills: Building, Logic systems

Starmade Preferences: I really enjoy building, but I'm quite willing to do whatever needs doing.

Previous Works Built : Several kinds of ships across a handful of servers and single player. I cannot provide any immediate examples (I don't frequent the fourms often, as you can probably see) But my singleplayer is littered with many designs in various stages of completion. If its necessary I can provide images of some of my designs.

Previous Factions: None of the forum based factions unfortunately, although I have been in a few smaller ones on servers.

What You Want to Do in the Faction: Although I don't use the forum that much (as you can probably see), I'm not a new player to the game, but I am getting back in to after a long period of inactivity. I decided the best way to do that would to join an established faction. My favourite aspect of the game is certainly the building, although I do whatever is required of me. I'd like to point out I can afford to be active but I do work most weekends in the evenings, I hope this won't cause too much trouble.

Timezone : GMT

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Do
    Ingame Name: Doc

Starmade Skills: Building, Logic systems

Starmade Preferences: I really enjoy building, but I'm quite willing to do whatever needs doing.

Previous Works Built : Several kinds of ships across a handful of servers and single player. I cannot provide any immediate examples (I don't frequent the fourms often, as you can probably see) But my singleplayer is littered with many designs in various stages of completion. If its necessary I can provide images of some of my designs.

Previous Factions: None of the forum based factions unfortunately, although I have been in a few smaller ones on servers.

What You Want to Do in the Faction: Although I don't use the forum that much (as you can probably see), I'm not a new player to the game, but I am getting back in to after a long period of inactivity. I decided the best way to do that would to join an established faction. My favourite aspect of the game is certainly the building, although I do whatever is required of me. I'd like to point out I can afford to be active but I do work most weekends in the evenings, I hope this won't cause too much trouble.

Timezone : GMT
    Do you have voice comms? Usually we only accept people who get referrals from other members and who we can have background knowledge on, but talking and getting to know someone on voice comms via teamspeak or some other method is also a good way.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    You seem like you could potentially be a decent recruit, but you don't meet our requirements., SteamingDoc

We could get you a referral to Trinova Technologies, though. They're pretty decent.

Reaction score
    Do

Do you have voice comms? Usually we only accept people who get referrals from other members and who we can have background knowledge on, but talking and getting to know someone on voice comms via teamspeak or some other method is also a good way.
    You seem like you could potentially be a decent recruit, but you don't meet our requirements., SteamingDoc

We could get you a referral to Trinova Technologies, though. They're pretty decent.
    That is unfortunate. Unfortunately I couldn't get a referral from any Thryn members because I simply don't know anyway. If you're willing to give me another chance I do use teamspeak quite regularly, and perhaps we could talk?

Regardless, thanks for your time, I shall be sure to check out Trinova Technologies.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Sat down and started dedicating myself back to a single project, and passed a few milestones from it:

Just one turret for that side, it has the hanger and whatnot. The port side of the craft will have either 3 or 4 turrets on it.

4 more docks will be in the back, all docks will be the hardpoint system, AKA can accept modules or turrets using a modified large USD.

Other stuff:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Today instead of working on the Kol I worked on writing and combing my trove of images in imgur.
    https://starmadedock.net/content/m67a1e3-linebacker-class-corvette.4127/

Can't believe I never got the refit finished, but I will stop dragging my heels and hope that feedback gives me determination to finish something new besides just the Washtenaw and project Sumo Deimos.

Speaking of Washtenaw, have an update! Fixed some issues with it, narrowed down the BP block list, and made a change log under the update.
    Apparently I had the factiontech version up on the forums by accident for about a week or more with a fully functional Instanced Logic Drive (code-named X drive) mounted on it... glad that it was not a popular enough craft for people to accidentally find it and copy/paste it. Could of been bad! o_O
    Yay updates. Next I might post that turret up if people want it.
    https://starmadedock.net/content/washtenaw-heavy-skirmisher-public-release.3805/