Stations 2.0 -BEFORE- Galaxy 2.0

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well, the AI will get better of course, but no doubt not as much as I'd like.

But I know you're right, it seems once again that I've underestimated a pvpers ability to exploit any advantage.

So I guess we're back to where we started, either make stations OP, or keep them underpowered and let them get destroyed. Mines could be a cool way to help defend stations I guess, but unless you want to spend hours on end laying massive fields, they'd be pretty easy to ignore. Maybe the AI could learn how to lay minefields (which would be easier than teaching them to react intelligently to an experienced Pvpers hijinks at least) it would at least reduce the tedium.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    My entire post just an example, but my point stands regardless. AI follows rules and patterns. People just need to learn the patterns whatever they may be and come up with an appropriate battle plan. Maybe the AI is set to run when outmassed by a certain margin, so ppl use giant ships made out for rocks to scare them away. Maybe AI runs when outnumbered so people deploy chaff to scare them off. Maybe AI can be set to run from certain factions that you know are dangerous, so that faction uses alts to destroy your response fleet. I could go on and on with the subject.

Saying "AI will get better" is a moot argument unless you can come up with some magic criteria that can't be exploited once people begin to understand it without being so process heavy that it crashes the game.
    Yeah - AI always sucks, in every game. Which is why PvP is the thing.

Only alternative would be if we could get Elon Musk to gift Starmade a decent AI, like the one that shredded the top DoTA2 players last year..... Elon Musk’s Dota 2 AI beats the professionals at their own game
    [doublepost=1527617097,1527616977][/doublepost]
    Mines could be a cool way to help defend stations I guess, but unless you want to spend hours on end laying massive fields, they'd be pretty easy to ignore. Maybe the AI could learn how to lay minefields (which would be easier than teaching them to react intelligently to an experienced Pvpers hijinks at least) it would at least reduce the tedium.
    Improved fleet functions. Fleet minelayers, and responsive fleet station defense and patrols, would go great lengths towards making stations survivable.