StarSide Blood and Steel: Season 2

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Okay, now that the deadline has passed and approvals are being handed out its time to reveal my secret weapon.

View attachment 19413
    View attachment 19414
    Weighing in just under 5 mass ea these little power houses pack a stunning arsenal.

On their right, a auto-cannon with anti-missile system built into the shoulder, allowing even a small number of PeeWee units to accurately shoot down all but the most intense missile bombardments.
    On their left, a Mercury vapor laser with proprietary gain medium.
    Powered by a ship systems reactor this unit is capable of melting through the hull ships like butter.
    In addition to this a multi-purpose missile launcher has been packed into the left shoulder, for when you just need to blow stuff up.

Though normally reserved for ground warfare this suit has had a thrust unit installed into the back just below a standard docking unit, allowing for both space flight and rapid deployment as required.

Fielding a small army I plan on grasping victory through superior mecha warfare.
    Because everyone knows mecha are better than space ships right?
    That little guy is adorable! Mind if I steal most of the design? I want to deploy thousands of them as drones for my own mech.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ok this isn't even funny. Tournament starts tomorrow and I don't even know whether or not I'm allowed to participate at all, let alone when and how.

Reactions: nightrune

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    They're probably on vacation again, try next month

Or go to http://starside.enjin.com/home , mouse over your name in the top right and you'll get a dropdown menu like this:

Click "applications" and you'll get a weird menu that says no applications; ignore this and click on MY APPS to the right of the trashcan. This should bring up your application with it's status.

Website is weird as shit, i haven't gotten any fightdates yet either, think we get those this evening. Or next month. Maybe we can send a carrier pidgeon to hawaii.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That little guy is adorable! Mind if I steal most of the design? I want to deploy thousands of them as drones for my own mech.
    Steal away, the little beasties want to be free!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449866334,1449862928][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyways I got what looks to be a mass email about a hour ago, so check your inboxes.

Reactions: nightrune

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Alright fighters, it's been a crazy week but brackets are here! I apologize for the delay's and confusion, there has been a lot going on for us as we've been trying to get the tournament set up. But enough of that, let's take a look at those brackets!

Day One Bracket:

Day Two Bracket:

Fighting will start tomorrow (December 12th) at 12pm (noon) EST. Check your e-mail inbox for the server IP and please don't share it outside of your teams, the server is for contestant's only. Join us on our Teamspeak (ts.starside.space password: empress) if you're competing so we can easily communicate with you, we have a Blood and Steel channel for tournament use.

If you have any questions please ask us here or send an e-mail to [email protected]

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Alright fighters, it's been a crazy week but brackets are here! I apologize for the delay's and confusion, there has been a lot going on for us as we've been trying to get the tournament set up. But enough of that, let's take a look at those brackets!

Day One Bracket:

Day Two Bracket:

Fighting will start tomorrow (December 12th) at 12pm (noon) EST. Check your e-mail inbox for the server IP and please don't share it outside of your teams, the server is for contestant's only. Join us on our Teamspeak (ts.starside.space password: empress) if you're competing so we can easily communicate with you, we have a Blood and Steel channel for tournament use.

If you have any questions please ask us here or send an e-mail to [email protected]

The only question is who's streaming so I can watch!!!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    bad luck new B&S player
    >has a turd ship, first time playing
    >pitted against a faction with good ships

edit: apparently that faction won last blood and steel
    fuck me.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm in finals! Can't wait to see who will remain against me.

Swarmers are not a big deal, they can't reach you when you're flying at 300mps, you also dodge a lot of cannon fire (beams are even worst at hitting you at this speed), that's why my ship remained unscratched after today's fights. Once lower than 25% my shields becomes much stronger than usual, especially against missiles. Because armor is not protected by shields anymore and mitigate damages before they reach the shield (shield has ion defensive aditionally) and the shield can reload more easely. I only fear brutal DPS or high alpha damage so I hope tomorrow someone will pop on top of that with some kind of crazy godlikegun and show how much a 12k ship is supposed to hurt.

that was awesome I'm looking forward to tomorrow's fights! <3
    also starside staff thank you you're the bests

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Who is going to be awesome and upload the finished brackets first?

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They are still cleaning my parts off the side of that station :P

Reactions: Winterhome