StarSide Blood and Steel: Season 2

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Why a 12k mass limit instead of a 120k block limit?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Hmm... Last time I was too much the newb to be anything more than an avid observer. This time however, I know enough to at least give people a fight. I might very well join this.

Reactions: Drakkart

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    tbh I think having a block limit is a better idea. Gives more room for creativity.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Will blood and steel be using starmade defaults or starside custom block configs?

Pretty important since there are mass and armour differences between the two last time I was on the server.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Will blood and steel be using starmade defaults or starside custom block configs?

Pretty important since there are mass and armour differences between the two last time I was on the server.

Actually, there aren't any mass/armor changes at all on StarSide. But yes, primarily defaults. The only real changes are the sector sizes, the ai accuracy, and newtonian physics.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Actually, there aren't any mass/armor changes at all on StarSide. But yes, primarily defaults. The only real changes are the sector sizes, the ai accuracy, and newtonian physics.
    Pretty sure y'all messed with the mass on motherboards.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Last time I was on advance armour tier stuff had 0.8 armour rating and a bit more mass, doors/force fields weighed 0.05 to 0.1 more than they should and most decorative blocks have different masses to default.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    so Default it is besides sector sizes, the ai accuracy, and newtonian physics. Could you please elaborate how far weapon ranges are in a 12k sector Thank you. so torpedos are down to the default damage as well. and we will be playing on 19431?

Hmm... Last time I was too much the newb to be anything more than an avid observer. This time however, I know enough to at least give people a fight. I might very well join this.
    So looking forward to meet you there man ; )
    i'd like to write that i will attend with a ship though ido not know yet if i am going to make it in time building wise.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I too think the mass limit should be raised, at least to 16K, to allow the same ship sizes that were in the first Blood and Steel, with the same armor, to participate. Just looking at the ship I used in Season One: back then, 8K mass, I could have 2 others in my team. Now, I could only compete alone with the current (although, updated for rail docks) version of the same ship. FlyingDebris would probably have to nerf the Rockhopper's armor to the cold hard ground to be allowed to bring it in.

The game got a lot more stable since the last Blood and Steel, and the server owners have more tools at their disposal to manage lag. But ships also got heavier due to the armor changes and coring isn't a viable tactic any more thanks to the HP update. With these specs though, I'm afraid everyone would have to cover their vessels in tinfoil instead of armor to be able to bring in some good firepower.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Oh how i've waited for this :D

Weren't you planning on doing 3x3x3 sectors with 4km size to limit swarmer range though?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I definitely would like to see a slight mass increase to 16k. It was hard enough before to get enough on one team for us thryn last time, and the increase in stability is no joke either.

And for nostaliga purposes anyone wanna see the WIP larger version of the ship we thryn brought last time? Corsair MKII. Probably couldn't bring three of these and I can't say anything about my faction, but Ill be signing up for this Blood & Steel.

Also raiben. How do you plan to deal with the turrets this time :P.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The Rockhopper, which was legal last time, is 22k mass nowadays. Having a 150k block limit would allow me to scrape off some systems and bring it in with only slightly reduced ability.

Reaction score
    Are you guys serious? Just build smaller ships, it's a nerf to your team yes, but so is it for the enemy team, so it doesn't matter!

And also the reason it's mass and not blocks is because everyone would use advanced armour. So what if you're a little bit faster, or you can radarjam slightly better, the sheer amount of damage it deducts makes it vastly superiour than hull.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I believe the issue is that the ships that were built for the previous B&S are no longer able to fight in this one.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Am i the only one that launched their ship into a sun after it's failure? No way am i bringing the purple traitor this time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Old ships not being viable is the whole point of the tournament. Game has changed. Meta has changed. It's now again time to find out what is the strongest/best strategy.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Look, there are several things that need to be taken into account when upping mass levels. The biggest thing is this. We don't want people sitting there and not moving while firing like most capitol ship battles. That being said, we're having a meeting tonight, so it will be discussed. Update tomorrow as to if we increase the mass amount and to what we increase it to, tomorrow.

I understand all of your points and I'm inclined to agree to an extent, but just remember that we also want an event that's fun to watch from the perspective of those that will be, as well as fight in.