StarSide Blood and Steel: Season 2

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have plans. Cu-Chulainn shall rise again. Next time I won't fat-finger into an ams turret instead of a camera. :p

My ship BP is up on here, if anyone wants to check it out.

Also, how do you get defensive effects on a static-docked entity? =O
    You have to manually enter the docked entity's core and turn the effects on, they stay turned on when you exit it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I submitted my ship to community content if anyone wants to take a look in detail

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Fear not fighters! The first match of Blood and Steel is now up! We'll be uploading these fights daily for awhile on our Starside channel. We'll either have the base footage from raiben, then a highlights video at the end. Or we may upload both raiben's footage and our battle-cam footage with no overlay, tracking the ships smoothly through space as they fight to the death. Feedback is welcome, but without further adieu, here's the first match!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That mean I'm not the only one to wait for BnS videos? I'm not in a rush or anything I just hope they don't forget =p

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think they just stopped coming just like Season 1... Starside guys lost interest or whatever.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ships reviews would have been more useful before the fight. Lots of ships are on community content now, so anyone is free to check by himself. Editing the combat videos is maybe tedious and boring so I'm fine if they keep delivering us slowly and keep the awesomeness for another blood and steel

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Ships reviews would have been more useful before the fight. Lots of ships are on community content now, so anyone is free to check by himself. Editing the combat videos is maybe tedious and boring so I'm fine if they keep delivering us slowly and keep the awesomeness for another blood and steel
    The ideal setup for the next fight is for them to review the ships beforehand, and wait to post them. Then show clips of the review during and link to them. Right after the fight.

Reactions: Master_Artificer
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Also what you guys think of having a set version of the game planned for tournament? As the event is announced 1 or 2 month before it happends the game is not likely to include important changes we would absolutely like. BUT on the other side we would not be "struck" by last days crutial mechanics changes like it happened. What happened in the end was I started to build a version of my ship with the 2m power cap (from scratch except hull) when saber announced we will be keeping old values I luckily found the old values on a topic so I could finish the previous version of my ship in the very same conditions. But this update was useless for blood and steel. Nobody used cargo nor transporters. So if we could agree on something that doesn't change at the beggining I think that would be perfect (I think I'm not the only one to have spent one or two night doing this)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Is this considered necro posting yet?

And should I just assume that you guys ran out of free time and wont be able to post youtube links to individual battles?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This happened last time too.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    audio de-synchronization has caused issues and they said they are still working on them when they have time and motivation

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Necro post for nudes.
    Er um, videos.
    Yeah. Videos. Of space ships. Fighting here.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Hey, so when are you guys going to make a thread for the new Blood and Steel? I can't imagine everyone who'd want to participate knows about it when it's only been advertised on Saber's youtube channel.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Hey, so when are you guys going to make a thread for the new Blood and Steel? I can't imagine everyone who'd want to participate knows about it when it's only been advertised on Saber's youtube channel.
    Threads are overrated. Informing everone after the cometition happened is the new thing to do now adays.

Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    All the info for new Blood and Steel season will be out in 2 days, we're pushing the time frame back due to scheduling issues. Sorry for the delay