StarSide Blood and Steel: Season 2

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    The final round was probably the shiniest match I've ever seen. Rainbow lasers and colorful missiles everywhere.

It was beautiful.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My Chronos is unbeaten this time! Lots of emotions and stuff but thank to anyone supported the "Souverainete Vanu" made me very happy. Sorry for the wrecks on my path. I'll be there next tournament so Chronos victory is not engraved forever but it'll be sent for a refit very soon. This tournament has been a gold mine of data about pvp, thanks to everyone and hope to see you next tournament

Winterhome

Reaction score
    My Chronos is unbeaten this time! Lots of emotions and stuff but thank to anyone supported the "Souverainete Vanu" made me very happy. Sorry for the wrecks on my path. I'll be there next tournament so Chronos victory is not engraved forever but it'll be sent for a refit very soon. This tournament has been a gold mine of data about pvp, thanks to everyone and hope to see you next tournament
    Aye. It was really good fighting you, hope to see you next time.

ASM

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Awesome tournament, did incredibly good for my first large scale PvP, honestly thought Raisinbat was going to take me out first, and sorry for giving you quite a horrible fight Thryn, you see? I panicked and feared the Deimos, charged in and got my self rekt. Hope to see everyone at the next tournament again since this one is really crazy and incredible!

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Awesome tournament, did incredibly good for my first large scale PvP, honestly thought Raisinbat was going to take me out first, and sorry for giving you quite a horrible fight Thryn, you see? I panicked and feared the Deimos, charged in and got my self rekt. Hope to see everyone at the next tournament again since this one is really crazy and incredible!
    You charging the Demios was smart, you completely wrecked me. However I was not the main damage dealer, each of the 3 small ships probably did more damage that me, and for the few seconds that I held you power down nulified the shield recharge and allowed the 3 buzzsaws to cut away into your ship.

In-fact, i thought we had lost because I had died so quickly after engaging! xD
    Can't wait to see your ship in action on the ares mod, its a pocked battleship!

ASM

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    You charging the Demios was smart, you completely wrecked me. However I was not the main damage dealer, each of the 3 small ships probably did more damage that me, and for the few seconds that I held you power down nulified the shield recharge and allowed the 3 buzzsaws to cut away into your ship.

In-fact, i thought we had lost because I had died so quickly after engaging! xD
    Can't wait to see your ship in action on the ares mod, its a pocked battleship!
    Reaver's Classification will now change to Pocket-Battleship!

So glad that I had kept on building after finishing my Iconic ship "Reaver", and kept on refining it.

Reactions: nightrune

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Sorry Yrjosmiel about the fight, we really did try our best to board you, but you were bouncing off the walls and we couldn't seem to slow you down at all.

Wanted to show how you board and other stuff like that, but it was not to be. *shrug*
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450053322,1450051250][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, something to note, everybody showed up! The server only crashed once or twice, which was awesome, not a huge issue with nearly 6 hours of combat use for 2 days.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Reaver's Classification will now change to Pocket-Battleship!

So glad that I had kept on building after finishing my Iconic ship "Reaver", and kept on refining it.
    Reaver was awesome, too bad I didn't fighted you was close

Reactions: ASM

ASM

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Also the Reaver model that was used in the tournament is uploaded, have fun seeing its very normal systems :P

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Also the Reaver model that was used in the tournament is uploaded, have fun seeing its very normal systems :p

I have to say, your fight at around 2:55 was one of the most intense fights to watch of the second day! I will be... dissecting... your ship to see what you did and how it preformed. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450060614,1450059755][/DOUBLEPOST]"Its almost like they can hear us streaming!"

... its almost like your stating the obvious. :p

(a snarky remark to the 'he needs to get close if he wants to finish this, oh hes getting close to use those cannons!' quip)

Also, rabien himself said "it has somethin'. I don't even know exactly what is in that ship but you better believe I am going to download that"(3:02) after seeing your stupidly strong shield recharge and shielding.
    Its too bad you can't recharge shields when you don't have any power...

Another quote at 3:20, "well, you know, ASM's ship might be magic!" yup quite possibly magic.

Last edited:
    Reactions: ASM

ASM

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!

I have to say, your fight at around 2:55 was one of the most intense fights to watch of the second day! I will be... dissecting... your ship to see what you did and how it preformed. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450060614,1450059755][/DOUBLEPOST]"Its almost like they can hear us streaming!"

... its almost like your stating the obvious. :p

(a snarky remark to the 'he needs to get close if he wants to finish this, oh hes getting close to use those cannons!' quip)

Also, rabien himself said "you better believe I am going to download that ship" after seeing your stuiply strong shield recharge and shielding.
    Its too bad you can't recharge shields when you don't have any power...
    Well, too bad I wanted you dead even before the fight, even told your teammates to not get in my way! Muhahaha :D
    But the most shield/recharge has to go to Tunk and Drakkart though, those ships are quite tanky in their own way "although, less aesthetic then i'd prefer" damn it was tough trying to blast away those two, and managing my low power!

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Next starside should be 15k masses next time! Maybe add an extra player to a team, put on that extra turret, or that layer of extra armor or shields that you couldn't quite squeeze in. I think it would be neat.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Next starside should be 15k masses next time! Maybe add an extra player to a team, put on that extra turret, or that layer of extra armor or shields that you couldn't quite squeeze in. I think it would be neat.
    I would love to see a "fleet" fight. Minimum two or three ships.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I would love to see a "fleet" fight. Minimum two or three ships.
    2-3 ships each at 5-6k mass? sounds awesome. Heck, up it to 20k mass and have each person have a minimum of 2 people per team, with the largest ship being no more than 15k mass or so.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    ASM well fought, for a "normal" ship without fancy docked hull and shield racks and whatnot, you really rustled some jimmies and you gave even Thryn a hard time and took one of them down with you. Respect!

Thryn, I had high hopes for you guys as I saw what the Deimos alone could do, and last season you did some really impressive teamwork - just like this one. But no king can reign forever :)

HerrColonel , I'm out of words. You re-defined "steamrolling through opposition" and you just won the entire thing without even dropping shields once. I'm not even sure you took a single block of damage during the entire thing! That's an undisputed victory if I have ever seen one. Hail to the king!

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sidenote: I wonder tho, if all ships and the footage was sent to Schema, how many strokes/heart attacks would he get, and how many nerfs would we get :P

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Thryn, I had high hopes for you guys as I saw what the Deimos alone could do, and last season you did some really impressive teamwork - just like this one. But no king can reign forever :)
    Aye. We came prepared for every kind of enemy except that one. We'll be adjusting our tactics for next time.

Learned a lot about shipmaking this time around :D

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I’m still amazed how many different designs and systems people came up with.

If it’s possible it was there.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I'm in finals! Can't wait to see who will remain against me.

Swarmers are not a big deal, they can't reach you when you're flying at 300mps, you also dodge a lot of cannon fire (beams are even worst at hitting you at this speed), that's why my ship remained unscratched after today's fights. Once lower than 25% my shields becomes much stronger than usual, especially against missiles. Because armor is not protected by shields anymore and mitigate damages before they reach the shield (shield has ion defensive aditionally) and the shield can reload more easely. I only fear brutal DPS or high alpha damage so I hope tomorrow someone will pop on top of that with some kind of crazy godlikegun and show how much a 12k ship is supposed to hurt.

that was awesome I'm looking forward to tomorrow's fights! <3
    also starside staff thank you you're the bests
    I didn't watch the matches, but from what I understand you used SPEED as your main defense? Dayum, can't say I ever considered that :O