StarSide Blood and Steel: Season 2

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I’m still amazed how many different designs and systems people came up with.

If it’s possible it was there.
    Ayup. I've been literally and figuratively schooled there. Learned a lot of new stuff and acquired a new sense of humility too... I did achieve my primariy objective tho, which was "Get past round 1". Now I'll be back at the drawing table with my notes, a calculator and Starmade :P

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I didn't watch the matches, but from what I understand you used SPEED as your main defense? Dayum, can't say I ever considered that :O
    Speed and docked hull. The docked hull prevented Stop Effects and EMP from slowing him down.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I didn't watch the matches, but from what I understand you used SPEED as your main defense? Dayum, can't say I ever considered that :O
    Not just his speed. he also used a docked hull to negate any momentum effect and make EMP useless (which kinda screwed Thryn royally.)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Speed and docked hull. The docked hull prevented Stop Effects and EMP from slowing him down.
    Not just his speed. he also used a docked hull to negate any momentum effect and make EMP useless (which kinda screwed Thryn royally.)
    Ahahaha that's a brilliant combo. So he could basically overdrive himself all over without fear of anything slowing him down. Conveniently that also enabled him to dictate engagement ranges and use his weapons at their optimal range (what were the weapons btw?).

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ahahaha that's a brilliant combo. So he could basically overdrive himself all over without fear of anything slowing him down. Conveniently that also enabled him to dictate engagement ranges and use his weapons at their optimal range (what were the weapons btw?).
    Auto-swarms, lock-on missiles (not many noticed them but he did have a pair of fast lock-on missiles) and a giant twin-barrel autocannon turret that did most of the damage

Winterhome

Reaction score
    His weapons were AI controlled, primarily. 80k DPS punch machinegun turret mounted in center of ship, and a pair of docked AI missile launchers. I can't remember what other stuff he had, but the AI controlled stuff was what was killing everyone.

The swarm missiles were extremely weak point defense distraction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In fact docked hull doesn't negate EMP at least (power damage is accounted on mother entity when touched entity reach 0. make some tests) I don't know for stop effect though I didn't considered that. I had 50% (maximum) defensive EMP effect on docked hull just in case (I didn't know about your EMP bigship) and I didn't used jamming (that could be powered by my systems easely but the excess power regen makes me godlike to your EMP damages)

Also about my guns: you are right I have a 80k double barrel 360° inline turret also my weak 3k dps swarmers (from turret base) are just AMS distraction. They are to ensure landing of my 2x pair of 376mis/376beam/373pun (static docked). And my pair of 600mis/600beam/600ion as well (Chronos has 6 missiles tubes in the front). But I tend to unlink ion computer of the last one when my target has no chance to get shields again

Last edited:

Winterhome

Reaction score
    In fact docked hull doesn't negate EMP at least (power damage is accounted on mother entity when touched entity reach 0. make some tests) I don't know for stop effect though I didn't considered that. I had 50% (maximum) defensive EMP effect on docked hull just in case (I didn't know about your EMP bigship) and I didn't used jamming (that could be powered by my systems easely but the excess power regen makes me godlike to your EMP damages)
    50% EMP on the docked hull means you're taking 25k energy damage per bullet at the absolute maximum, assuming the hull is pulling charge from the main ship. Against a single output machinegun, you're looking at 250k e/s drain at most. That's a pretty enormous reduction from the 2mil e/s EMP that we used. :P

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    50% EMP on the docked hull means you're taking 25k energy damage per bullet at the absolute maximum, assuming the hull is pulling charge from the main ship. Against a single output machinegun, you're looking at 250k e/s drain at most. That's a pretty enormous reduction from the 2mil e/s EMP that we used. :p
    true =p
    but I had more than 50k power storage in hull entity so bigger energy drain would have worken
    (also my hull entity was generating a lot of power, close to 1m, and giving it to main entity by power beams to sustain both thrust and jammin, impossible without that)

Winterhome

Reaction score
    true =p
    but I had more than 50k power storage in hull entity so bigger energy drain would have worken
    To an extent. Any other "fast" ship would have been crippled by the EMP weapons with only a few shots hitting, though. Your docked hull prevented your ship from being affected severely enough that it'd have slowed you down :P

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    If you watch the videos, the swarmers are mostly show, I think our shield regen could almost keep up with them, but it was those big cannons...
    Once the big cannons locked onto one of our ships, it was basically dead.

He was just kinda zipping around bouncing off the walls with the swarmers and AI doing the targeting while we had to play catch-up and manually aim (and miss). :P
    The low shields, like half a mill only, seemed to have plenty of shield regen, so the hits we did land didn't stick at all.
    Obviously next time you will see us using more and stronger AI turrets like that in the future, lots to take away.

Unfortunately it was kinda like a rock paper scissors scenario, and he simply just blew us away with his leaf-blower ship without dipping below 95% shields.
    Like others said, plenty of notes to take!

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive

Got an idea for a ship from the contestants this tourney, just starting to flesh it out a bit :)

when core rodeo was funner than the tourney itself
    We tried to board you, honest. That way you could of killed one or two of us in the hallways of your ship, but alas, you were pinballing around faster than a squirrel with a dozen shots of espresso.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Life is unfair. I had 9999 of weekends which I did nothing at all and stayed at home. Exactly on the weekends close and the one into the event, people begin to call me to leave and do stuff outside this boring city.

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Still waiting on videos and stuff to be released. I refresh this thread every day. :(

Reaction score
    I have plans. Cu-Chulainn shall rise again. Next time I won't fat-finger into an ams turret instead of a camera. :P

My ship BP is up on here, if anyone wants to check it out.

Also, how do you get defensive effects on a static-docked entity? =O