StarMade v0.199.349 - NPC Faction Update

Reaction score
    So I have to spawn them in manually? It doesn't start with a default set?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So I have to spawn them in manually? It doesn't start with a default set?
    On a new world it does. But if you don't reset your world they probably won't autospawn

Reaction score
    On a new world it does. But if you don't reset your world they probably won't autospawn
    I deleted the server-database/world0 folder before starting the server... no factions.
    in server.cfg I have "NPC_FACTION_SPAWN_LIMIT = 15"

Running the previous command to manually spawn a faction:

[ADMIN COMMAND] NPC_SPAWN_FACTION_POS_FIXED from RegisteredClient: Andir (1) connected: true params: [Nate Killers, They kill Nate, Outcasts, 10, 15, 15, 15]
    java.lang.Exception: [ERROR] Exception: No NPC Faction Preset found for Nate Killers; But should be: Outcasts; Picking random one from existing
    at obfuscated.axK.a(SourceFile:254)
    at obfuscated.awk.f(SourceFile:2663)

Last edited:

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I deleted the server-database/world0 folder before starting the server... no factions.

[ADMIN COMMAND] NPC_SPAWN_FACTION_POS_FIXED from RegisteredClient: Andir (1) connected: true params: [Nate Killers, They kill Nate, Outcasts, 10, 15, 15, 15]
    java.lang.Exception: [ERROR] Exception: No NPC Faction Preset found for Nate Killers; But should be: Outcasts; Picking random one from existing
    Can you start a thread in support, this might be more the a couple posts.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Is it the in thing now to just start swearing in every post when players feel they don't get stroked enough? Negging the Devs or something? Is this what's all the rage in the playground at the moment?

Reactions: Dannage
    Reaction score
    Is it the in thing now to just start swearing in every post when players feel they don't get stroked enough? Negging the Devs or something? Is this what's all the rage in the playground at the moment?
    Yes, get on board man

Reaction score
    No. Not ever.
    Missing out
    [doublepost=1482083376,1482082950][/doublepost]It's frustrating not being able to enjoy this with my friends. My friends also would like to enjoy the faction update, but they can only do it in single player. Nobody has answered the post (dev/support wise) in nearly 4 weeks. Now that someone replied to it and I provided more info nobody has yet replied.

Support of this game seems to be pretty garbage as of late. I guess it all stems from a lot of frustration of features being thrown into the game with no support backing it. All the things being added to the game seem to work half the time and while you can tick off a checkmark saying that the game has support for some feature. Good freaking luck getting it to work right.

I did manage to get someone on the dev/support staff to join my server and test out the fact that missiles do no damage to pirates if they cross sector boundaries, but that's still broken to this day. This was tested months ago.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

/npc_spawn_faction_pos_fixed "Nate Killers" "They kill Nate" "Outcasts" 10 15 15 15

The outcasts bit is the folder from where the faction will get their ship blueprints. Atm you can also pick "Trading Guild" and "Scavengers"

Reaction score
    /npc_spawn_faction_pos_fixed "Nate Killers" "They kill Nate" "Outcasts" 10 15 15 15

The outcasts bit is the folder from where the faction will get their ship blueprints. Atm you can also pick "Trading Guild" and "Scavengers"
    That's what I typed...

But the server startup process can't find a file that does exist so it says it can't copy the file to the new server folder when initializing.

Reaction score
    Anyone else getting a "Bounds must be positive" error when trying to insert factions into server?

I used this command and got the above error, when trying to insert NPC factions into a previously generated world that had none...

/npc_spawn_faction_pos_fixed "Irdalith" "Irdalith NPC faction" "Outcasts" 10 -56 7 -9

EDIT: I may have cracked this one, I think I mistook the coordinates as SECTOR coordinates when they were in fact SYSTEM coordinates, so whatever I was trying to create wasn't getting ciable traget coordinates...

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    That's what I typed...

But the server startup process can't find a file that does exist so it says it can't copy the file to the new server folder when initializing.
    Alright go to your server's starmade folder and go to starmade/server-database/"WorldNameHere" in that folder there should be a folder called npcfactions

Is it there?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    I started a post back when the new factions were introduced. It got fucking ignored...

Is the new Faction/fleet stuff broken on Linux?

i suggest that you post a game related problem into the proper game support forum next time.
    that would increase the posibility to not be ignored alot.

or you know .. you could have reported a bug for it here Phabricator

even if it gets rejected ... a proper report is still appreciated .
    far more appreciated than being cursed at for ignoring you.

*goes back to ignore the other forums*

Reaction score
    i suggest that you post a game related problem into the proper game support forum next time.
    that would increase the posibility to not be ignored alot.

or you know .. you could have reported a bug for it here Phabricator

even if it gets rejected ... a proper report is still appreciated .
    far more appreciated than being cursed at for ignoring you.

*goes back to ignore the other forums*
    You know... maybe I figured that other people were having an issue and maybe.. just maybe... that someone at Schine or the surrounding team gave a damn when people were having issues and would point out to the support people if it looked like it was a support issue. Also, what forum software doesn't support moving?

I suppose it's just that the General Discussion forum is a black hole that everyone ignores and treats like a third class citizen.

Points taken.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You know... maybe I figured that other people were having an issue and maybe.. just maybe... that someone at Schine or the surrounding team gave a damn when people were having issues and would point out to the support people if it looked like it was a support issue. Also, what forum software doesn't support moving?

I suppose it's just that the General Discussion forum is a black hole that everyone ignores and treats like a third class citizen.

Points taken.
    I know I don't look at general often if at all.