Starmade MANIAC LOGIC

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Nice, compact, fast! Congrats!
    Thanks mate... one thing 6ngb , my intention was not to copy your design, just use the same architecture (3x5 display), now I'm trying to get on the same display function to count up and down as compact as possible and using the minimum logical block, but I'm finding with several bug that are delaying me Y_Y

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!

Hi all again, this is a update of my previous post of DISPLAY MODULES, in this occasion, I bring a 3x5 display module that comes with a counter up and down, as always, trying to use the minimum number of blocks, the best settings and easy to use.

I tried by all means, do not use a delay in the system, because for fast pulses of less than 0.5 seconds, the logic system does not work well or may give errors ( i would appreciate if anyone knows other way, please describe it)

A GIF showing operation

if anyone needs more information on how this made the counter, just ask in the post :)

Attachments

Last edited:

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I must say, it's nice to have counters around that will fit inside most ships that would be able to make use of them! Would it be possible to make your Tic-Tac-Toe game with a display like this, allowing it to fit in some moderate-sized ships? You could have a red feedback light if someone presses a button for a space already taken. :)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!

Hi all people, in this post upgrade, I bring you the most compact display I could do, using the minimum possible logical blocks and only 4x5x5 ( lights not included ); using the binary code, it can represent numbers from 0 to 9, letters from A to Z and 8 special characters ( these can be increased by adding more blocks).

GIF demostration

if anyone needs more information on how this made the counter, just ask in the post

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: 6ngb
    Reaction score
    ... letters from A to Z ...
    Cheater! :P No W but Ñ... No 'tomorrow' but 'mañana'...

I'd like to see your face and that 3x5 layout of yours if you were to cope with MY alphabet. We have monstrosities like: Ш, Ю, Щ, Ъ ... and my fav arachnoid 'Ж'

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Cheater! :p No W but Ñ... No 'tomorrow' but 'mañana'...

UPS :eek::eek: i dont notice it ... i going to re-upload the attached file and GIF, time to fix, thanks mate

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    * DISPLAY MODULE 2.0 updated and errors fixed *

thanks for the advice 6ngb

Last edited:

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hey, nice work GalactusX ! You really surprised me with how small you made it, dang. :eek:

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    * NEW LOGIC CHALLENG *

I have proposed to try to make a chess game, I will update the post according my making progress

i use the option in Adv. Build "Lighten" for better look

What´s your opinion of my table desing?

Reaction score
    A fully working chess game? I've been thinking about this and I'd say that's rather ambitious because:
    • Pawns move forward by 1 square. Yet they attack diagonally.
    • Pawns are allowed a 2 squares initial jump. After such move they can be captured by opponent's pawns en passant. During such move the capturing pawn doesn't travel trough the square of the captured pawn. It's like pawn's drive-by.
    • Pawns can be promoted and one can play with one or more queens, 2 or more knights etc.
    • Queens can attack a total of 27 squares, rooks: 14, knights and king: 8, bishops: 13, pawns: 2. That's quite a lot of logic checks.
    • All pieces except the knight cannot leap and their attacked squares are blocked by other pieces.
    • Once a game each player can do a castling. There are 2 types of castling: long/queenside (whites to the left or blacks to the right) across 5 squares and short/kingside across 4 squares. To be allowed to do a castling neither the king nor the rook has moved, no place along the king's path is under attack.
    • After a check the player can defend by moving some other piece to block the attacking opponent's piece. In other words: after each moved piece the entire board must be re-evaluated.
    • Stalemate: the player is not checked but has no valid moves.
    • Draw states like triple repetition: if the same state of the board re-appears for the 3rd time, that's a draw by player's claim. If this claim is not raised and the game is allowed to repeat some state for the 5th time, that's an automatic draw. And there are even some more rules resulting a draw, which are kinda impossible to monitor with SM logic even.
    These rules are w/o clock. If they are applied, a game with a clock would be no problem at all. Almost. If one of the player has depleted their time, the other player wins only if they have sufficient material (1 pawn or more than 1 bishop or 1 knight).

I wish you good luck! :)

PS: I'd take go/weiqi for my next project then :P

Last edited:

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have a challenge for you !

Make musical instrument

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    yes, maybe I have proposed a too big challenge, but if I dont try, I can never say i could have done that XD ...

I come to where I can .. and if anyone has any idea how to do some step will be welcome :)

Reaction score
    I have a challenge for you !

Make musical instrument
    Musical instrument? What should make the sound?

yes, maybe I have proposed a too big challenge, but if I dont try, I can never say i could have done that XD ...

I come to where I can .. and if anyone has any idea how to do some step will be welcome :)
    My idea about a chess game is a board which doesn't allow players to do illegal moves and evaluates the winner/draw. With chess it's a bit complicated, because there are official rules. The en passant rule and the draw state rules could be omitted, but the castling and the pawn oddities should be present. Promotion must be present too, but could be 'softened': you can promote a pawn only to a piece you have lost. In other words: not a promotion but freeing of captured piece. Still this makes lots of rules and exceptions.

Another idea is to make a chess-like game. Something between checkers and chess. There are already some unorthodox chess-es (Fairy chess piece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and you can develop your own one. This would be fun inventing and by setting the rules yourself, you can both avoid some SM limitations which could arise and you can achieve faster play with more 'action'. It will still be a great SM feat so think about this.

Again: good luck and thanks for doing Starmade logic maniacalities.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    In instrument should hopefully be possible when we get a sound update/new sound engine/something like that. Wouldn't it be kinda hard to play though?

EDIT/Also: One way you could go about a Chess Board, if you wanted it real simple, would be to use magnetic docking and have an arm that grabs the pieces and puts them in the specified location. The players would have to manually follow the rules but the system would most likely be upgradeable to force players to follow them. :)