╔═════════════════════ POST INDEX ╠═════════════════════╗

PLAYER DATA DISPLAY

DISPLAY MODULE 1.0 - 3x5 display with UP counter
    DISPLAY MODULE 2.0 - 3x5 display UP / DOWN counter
    DISPLAY MODULE 3.0 - 3x5 display alphanumeric 0-9, A - Z
    Letters and numbers for display modules Part. 1
    Letters and numbers for display modules Part. 2
    Letters and numbers for display modules Part. 3
    Slide Display programmable with memory modules for 50 characteres (OLD version)
    Slide Displat programable using display modules for 240 characteres (NEW version)
    Slide Display using display module copy&paste improvement
    Display Menu system (OLD version)
    Display Menu System (NEW version)
    Counter UP/DOWN using display blocks
    Logic Hz counter (Logical pulses per second)
    Universal Automatic display control (with templates)

GAMES IN-GAME

STARMADE IN-GAMES: Tic-Tac-Toe with movil parts
    STARMADE IN-GAMES: Tic-Tac-Toe 3D with forcefields
    STARMADE IN-GAMES: Tic-Tac-Toe using Display blocks
    STARMADE IN-GAMES: ARKANOID 80´s classic video game
    STARMADE IN-GAMES: Music instrument ... PIANO ... why not?
    STARMADE IN-GAMES: Maze-Cube programmable
    STARMADE IN-GAMES: Blow all the lights

DECORATION WITH LOGIC AND RAILS

Decoration for Medic Labs

OTHERS

Transfer system of items from ship to ship and ship to space station
    Memory RAM 8 Bytes ( 64 bits )
    6 different ways to build automatic doors
    Example 1. 4 floors elevator system (limitlessly expandable)
    Example 2. 5 floors elevator system using 1 display block (limitlessly expandable)
    3 DICE ROLL examples
    Air-Lock design (only one door is allowed to be open)

REGEX COMMANDS
    ( Commands of all types and functions )
    Matrix Screensaver for Display Blocks

LOGIC TUTORIALS
    (Coming soon)

SOME VERY USEFUL LINKS

Unicode range 25: Box Drawing, Block Elements, Geometric Shapes
    Combinations and Permutations Calculator
    Logic gate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Color Hex Color Codes
    Text converters

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

You're bored of always doing the same mechanisms with logic blocks?
    Build ships and stations has become monotonous?
    You think a logical mechanism that you have done can improve and dont know how?
    You have something great in your head but dont know how build it?
    You really think something cant be done with logic blocks in Starmade and want to challenge the other players?

If the above statements are in your mind, this is your post. I see that many people have good knowledge of logic functions and their various uses but many others do not know or know the potential of Starmade logical blocks .

Whether you're a beginner or an expert, take advantage of this post to show your personal projects, ask questions about how to improve your logical systems, whether it is a simple system to open a door as if it is an intricate system to control everything in your space station or your ship with only one button.

Dont let anything limit your creativity, put your challenge here now about any logic circuit, and shows how much you know about the logic to all.

An remember...
    There are only 10 types of people in this world:
    those who understand binary

and those who dont

╔═════════════════ADITIONAL LOGIC GATES ╠═════════════════╗

Hello people, I will put some logic circuits widespread uses, some less frequent and others more specific.
    if you see you can add any other system this post dont have, please let me know, and if you see some logic circuits other people post in her own posts, sorry, it is not intentional.

In some cases we need to use logic gates that the game does not have that help us create our logic circuits, such as logic gates NAND, NOR, XOR, XNOR, Buffer.

A B Output

-------------------
    0 0 - 1

0 1 - 1
    1 0 - 1
    1 1 - 0

A B Output

-------------------
    0 0 - 1

0 1 - 0
    1 0 - 0
    1 1 - 0

A B Output

-------------------
    0 0 - 0

0 1 - 1
    1 0 - 1
    1 1 - 0

A B Output
    -------------------
    0 0 - 1

0 1 - 0
    1 0 - 0
    1 1 - 1

A Output
    -------------------
    0 - 0

1 - 1
    ( This work like a button ... but is not a button -_- )
    This logic block are not in the game, i edit a NOT gate image
    Sometimes we need short logic circuit that changes the state to off and on automatically without having to activate it manually, for this purpose, we have clocks. In this section, we have 2 types of watches, always on and on only under one condition.

This type of clock is generally used to maintain a continuous intermittent signal to any system you need ( for example some flashing lights to decorate the exterior / interior of ships and stations ).

Unlike the previous system clock, this required a condition on and off, this condition can be through any other operator interaction (button, activation module, activation gate, rails or other logic blocks)
    These logic circuits have two defined states and can be used to store information ( logic 0 or 1 ), and they are commonly known as Flip-flops. Unlike the flip-flop block implemented in the game, that can be set/reset with a single input signal, these usually have 2 inputs (set and reset) and 2 outputs (one direct and one denied).

When a signal is sent to SET, the circuit switches and gives positive OUTPUT, being denied where would we get the 2nd gate NOT, and no matter how many times we return to send a signal to the SET input, the output signal not vary until we send a signal to RESET, this commutation output signals, and change the status of OUTPUT to 0, resulting in a 1 on the output of the 2nd denied NOT gate.
    In sequential systems, output values at any given time, not depend solely on the values of the inputs at that time, but also depends on the previous state or internal state.

Note: The button connected to the NOT gate, is only connected to that, and NOT logic gate is connected to all the gates to interrupt the signal and cut the sequence. They can be made using sequential flip-flops, but the amount of logical block to be used is larger (if you wish also put an example)
    These circuits basically generate a group of binary code signals in the following sequence ... 000 ... 001 ... 010 ... 011

Note: Flip-Flop blocks A - B - C must be in active state for the system to work perfectly, I recommend placing the first and then create the links

Do you want create a larger binary system? no problem, follows the same pattern
    The multiplexers are combinational circuits with multiple inputs and a single output data are provided with control inputs able to select one, and only one, of the data inputs to allow transmission from the selected input to said outlet. A signal that is multiplexed, must be demultiplex at the other end.

It has not happened to you once, you had to link many logic outputs and connect with other systems to control them? No problem, multiplexers help you :)

Using the binary code, we can see what logical value we have in the select input, and select the corresponding output.

A B Output

------------------
    0 0 Input 1

0 1 Input 2
    1 0 Input 3
    1 1 Input 4

A demultiplexer can be used to convert the binary code to decimal easily, you only need to have the input signal always active, and change the code.
    The memory cell is an electronic circuit that stores one bit of binary information and it must be set to store a logic 1 or logic 0. Its value is maintained/stored until it is changed by the set/reset process. The value in the memory cell can be accessed by reading it.

Note: you can do other designs to store 1 bit of information, but I think this is the most efficient and uses minimum blocks. If I'm wrong let me know with your design and I add to the post :)

This type of memory can store a data (bit) temporarily applying a logic signal to "SET ENABLE" , this will allow you to save the data with "SET". When send again a logic signal to "SET ENABLE" This will delete the stored bit.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

If someone wants more detailed information, let me know in the post, and if you do not understand something, ask costs nothing.

All the logic circuits post here are added in the in post *.sment

If you like this and you see that may be useful, dont forget rate this :)

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    An remember...
    There are only 10 types of people in this world:
    those who understand binary

and those who dont
    Nice outro.
    Hope to get into starmade logic more next year when I take digital electronics and actually have an above basic Idea on how gates can be put together to do some great stuff.

Ill be watching this thread for inspiration as I make logic that could be wired by a squirrel.

Reaction score
    Nice outro.
    Hope to get into starmade logic more next year when I take digital electronics and actually have an above basic Idea on how gates can be put together to do some great stuff.

Ill be watching this thread for inspiration as I make logic that could be wired by a squirrel.
    I'd suggest you do the opposite: Take/create some challenges now. Next year when you have digital electronics, you'll discover that you only miss some technical details, not the math underneath. One good use of SM logic: it's good for your university/college.

GalactusX : MANIAC was the working code-name of my big project :( . I'll keep it, tho.

Here is a challenge from me:

The median function of n arguments returns 1 if more than half of the n inputs are 1. In the case of 2 inputs it's the same as AND. In the case of 3 inputs, it returns 1 if at least two of the inputs are 1. It's symmetrical, so a full truth table is not required:

0 -> 0
    1 -> 0
    2 -> 1
    3 -> 1

The left column contains the number of 1s in the inputs. Create a circuit implementing 3-input median.

Regards,

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I'd suggest you do the opposite: Take/create some challenges now. Next year when you have digital electronics, you'll discover that you only miss some technical details, not the math underneath. One good use of SM logic: it's good for your university/college.

GalactusX : MANIAC was the working code-name of my big project :( . I'll keep it, tho.

Here is a challenge from me:

The median function of n arguments returns 1 if more than half of the n inputs are 1. In the case of 2 inputs it's the same as AND. In the case of 3 inputs, it returns 1 if at least two of the inputs are 1. It's symmetrical, so a full truth table is not required:

0 -> 0
    1 -> 0
    2 -> 1
    3 -> 1

The left column contains the number of 1s in the inputs. Create a circuit implementing 3-input median.

Regards,
    humm...

you mean 3 inputs and only 1 output right? is that correct?

true table:

Input Output
    A B C
    0 0 1 ----- 0
    0 1 0 ----- 0
    0 1 1 ------ 1
    1 1 1 ------ 1

Reaction score
    I think you got it right. Anyways, here is the full table:

A B C -> F(A,B,C):
    0 0 0 -> 0
    0 0 1 -> 0
    0 1 0 -> 0
    0 1 1 -> 1
    1 0 0 -> 0
    1 0 1 -> 1
    1 1 0 -> 1
    1 1 1 -> 1

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Well ... applying Boolean algebra we can say that the equation of the table is as follows:

F = A' B C + A B' C + A B C' + A B C

reducing to a minimum expresion of the true table by taking the common factors we have:

F0 = A B + A C + B C

and the real logic plication is this:

I could also use Karnaugh maps to simplify the circuit, but I do not remember very well, when I study it... bad for me -__-

I hope this help you :)

YES ... i must use paint.. because i dont have a scanner Y_Y

Last edited:
    Reactions: 6ngb
    Reaction score
    The formulas are nice, especially the second one. I assume by + you mean OR, though they seem valid even if XOR is meant.

The plot shows how to split this 3-ary function into 2 2-ary ones: It says: if C then: A OR B; else: A AND B. That's a cool trick to use wherever possible.

The second formula: F = AB+BC+CA is probably the optimal solution in terms of gate usage, memorability and appearance. Thanks & congrats!

In SM It looks like this:

beauty ....

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Thanks and I hope I help you, sorry if I made an error, as 15 years ago that I do not use this system XD

I also hope that Scheme team, consider adding additional logic gates, this could greatly reduce the complexity of some logic circuits

AND --- NAND
    OR ------NOR
    OR ------XOR
    OR ------XNOR
    ... maybe ...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I would like to see if the following is possible:

Situation:
    Faction A, wants to run a public vault for storage retention of items from other factions.
    Faction B/C/D, need to deposit items and be able to retrieve there items deposited at a later time.

System Requirements: Needs to be able to deposit items (can have players involved at this part) and mark the number of and type of each item deposited then have all this marked has deposited by faction B C or D. At a later time Faction B C or D need to be able to return and remove items from this storage and only up to the same number/type of items they had earlier deposited (again a player can be involved in this part).
    Players can be involved to maybe manipulate logic blocks, but the memory of what is stored should be done by the logic itself.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Poll open in the main post, make your choice people :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1458549174,1458548802][/DOUBLEPOST]

Situation:
    Faction A, wants to run a public vault for storage retention of items from other factions.
    Faction B/C/D, need to deposit items and be able to retrieve there items deposited at a later time.

System Requirements: Needs to be able to deposit items (can have players involved at this part) and mark the number of and type of each item deposited then have all this marked has deposited by faction B C or D. At a later time Faction B C or D need to be able to return and remove items from this storage and only up to the same number/type of items they had earlier deposited (again a player can be involved in this part).
    Players can be involved to maybe manipulate logic blocks, but the memory of what is stored should be done by the logic itself.
    The system that you propose is:
    - A faction acts as a "bank" for other factions
    - Players of each faction can access their banks, but not those of others
    - A logical system that carries the record of the items deposited in the bank

this is correct?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I think I have something like that saved somewhere in my Starmade folders, give me a moment and i see if I have it, I'll put here

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!

Situation:

ok, this is my old cargo setup, you can see the parts on it, is really simple

When a new faction want store her stuff in you station-bank, you only need give a BP of your cargo container, factionice ( the faction who want it ), and link the wireless cargo to your bank controller

And as always, this is only a fast example, not a great and functionaly system
    I hope it can help you a bit ( I place a storagebox over the cargo container, only for stuff transfer and bank-station logic connection test )

Attachments

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I'd like to see the solar system implemented in Starmade;
    Does that count as a good suggestion ?

i'll accept a scaled down planetarium... ;)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    only one question ... how big? :cool:

well.. if the solar system be 1:1 scale... that is not a challenge ... you know ... is crazzy really big

yess, i can do that.. but the real post direction is in for " logic buildings "

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Well size is not really an issue but i'd like the celestial bodies to orbit like the real thing; there is your logic challenge.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd like to see a system that can be manipulated by a player. My average system can be interacted with by players but not really manipulated, it works in the exact way I planned it. I want something where the player can change stuff.

if you accept this challenge, make it open so I can dissect it. Learn from it. I am not looking for a system I need, I am looking for knowledge and tricks. a platform with your best logic gate tricks will also do.

Please tag/quote me so I don't forget about this post :D

Reaction score
    What is the difference between manipulation & interaction?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    'd like to see a system that can be manipulated by a player. My average system can be interacted with by players but not really manipulated, it works in the exact way I planned it. I want something where the player can change stuff.
    what do you mean exactly? need more info for build some examples on a platform and post here for all

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Have I told you I suck at explaining? I really don't even know what I tried to explain there.... Could you make a platform with your best logic tricks on it? I need to learn some new tricks and systems (things like a binary counter and shift register but those i know)