Starmade MANIAC LOGIC

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!

Hello everyone, this time I bring something that I think is going to be helpful in their ships and space stations.

Thanks to the new functions of the blocks display (I hope that in the not too distant future, be included more), we can see a lot of information from your ships and stations, arranged in blocks display, but what happens when we want all that information is in a single point? perhaps a control console navigation.

1. SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
    1. 1 sensor block + display block for detect the "selected menu "
    2. 1 sensor block + display block for detect the "actual menu selected"
    3. 1 display block for "show the info of the menu selected"
    4. 1 display block for "set the ID of the actual menu selected"
    2. SOME IMAGES WITH EXTRA INFORMATION

3. HOW DOES IT WORK
    • Well, operation is very simple and easy to apply, if you need to add more options or menus to your system, you only have to copy & paste 11 blocks.
    • When the player writes on the display "input number menu ", all sensors check 2 things, the number entered by the player and most importantly, if the menu has an ID.
    • The ID of one menu, is to differentiate one menu from the rest of the menus, thus for example, if the player selects the menu "weapons", the system does not activate by mistake the menu "shields" or "energy", so the system know what exactly menu the player wants to see.
    • As you can see, the system is really simple, and can have all the menus and sub-menus you want, the only limit is the space of the place you want build it.

As always, if anyone need a bit more info/help about the logic I use on this display menu, post here your questions... and if you think you can build, or you has build a better menu system, post here your experiences and if you want, pictures of your work :)

I hope you all like the system i do and can be use in yours builds; this is just a sample of the great potential they have given us thanks to improvements in display blocks. More interesting projects soon.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: Zyrr and aytoms29

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What we really REALLY need is a "pattern matching machine", we can call it PMM - and it's possible with the Display Block Update.

The PMM does not care for numbers, letters, words or binary sequences - they only differ in length and number of possible states.
    In music, you have instruments which repeat on every beat in different frequencies.
    In text, you have words which repeat and sub-words / syllables.

Single display Blocks can store easily 512 or 1024 bits, depending on the implementation and are RAM not ROM (random access memory, not read-only memory).

You can copy display blocks into a "hard-drive" or load chunks from it into the processed display module.
    Parallel execution to search different pattern-types and paths in a binary tree are possible.​
    • Spelling correction for the command-input console in your bridge
    • Searching commands for doors/hangars/whatever
    • Searching available commands for deck 12
    • Resolving ambiguous meanings from commands
    Code:
    select Deck12
    Door1 open
    →./Deck/12/Door1 open

select deck 13
    selector1 doors open
    →./Deck/13/selector1 => Door3, Door5, Button2, Light3
    →doors => Door3 (door doors), Door5 (door doors)
    →→without Button2, Light3
    →./Deck/13/Door3 open & ./Deck13/Door5 open

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Well, all computer system, as you said, had a RAM and ROM memory, the problem I see in using blocks display as "databases" is that we will always need the help of a "hand hard code" set , a code already present in the system.

We can create for example a system that adds 1 + 1 ... but it need some functions present to tell the system to do, if not, dont work.

Actually now, comparisons and instructions that we can use, are not "case sensitive", the displays do not differentiate between AAA and aaa, so some things have their logical limit.

Yes, you can create a system that performs all the functions that we want, but before us we tell to do; it's like the lights in your house, you can have several switches to turn on a single light, the system does not have to understand what it does, but before, you've had to set it in any case, do one thing or another.

The challenge is to create the "hardware" and then, create "programs" to work with. We have the tools, we have the needs, now we only have to design systems to solve them... and remember, the need does the solution appear, and imagination is our best tool

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't see your problem.
    1. You can have 16 addressable display blocks with 0,1…E,F and append any letter to the focus display block.
    2. You can copy the focus to any other in your storage bank.
    3. You can recover the content of the focus.
    4. You can clear the focus.
    5. You can copy the focus and clear all but one hexdigit from the focuscopy.
    6. You can delete the first hexdigit from the focus and re-use Step5 for the next hexdigit
    7. You can compare the focuscopy's one hexdigit to any of 16 display blocks and receive a 4 bits
    Each of these sets of 20 displays and some control blocks for each can parse 4 bits per second.

Databases do not need to perform arithmetic on data, they only transfer it between displays and logic to make the data CPU-accessible.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, all computer system, as you said, had a RAM and ROM memory, the problem I see in using blocks display as "databases" is that we will always need the help of a "hand hard code" set , a code already present in the system.

We can create for example a system that adds 1 + 1 ... but it need some functions present to tell the system to do, if not, dont work.

Actually now, comparisons and instructions that we can use, are not "case sensitive", the displays do not differentiate between AAA and aaa, so some things have their logical limit.

Yes, you can create a system that performs all the functions that we want, but before us we tell to do; it's like the lights in your house, you can have several switches to turn on a single light, the system does not have to understand what it does, but before, you've had to set it in any case, do one thing or another.

The challenge is to create the "hardware" and then, create "programs" to work with. We have the tools, we have the needs, now we only have to design systems to solve them... and remember, the need does the solution appear, and imagination is our best tool
    While Im not disagreeing with most of your statement, I do have to contradict the differentiation, as display modules DO diferentiate between AAA and aaa when you apply regex in the correct manner, however it is not case sensitive for standard sensor blocks as you mentioned

Reactions: GalactusX
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!

Hi all again, today I bring you an update of one of my first logical games, TIC-TAC-TOE, this time using the new possibilities of display blocks

1. SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
    • An creen of 3x3 display blocks for show the game.
    • Only one Numpad of 3x3 buttons for both players inputs.
    • One button for reset the game ( player RED X by default ).
    • One button for select the order of players.
    3. HOW DOES IT WORK
    • The basics of the game are very simple, both players must create a line either horizontally, vertically or diagonally, each one will have his own piece ( player RED X and player BLUE O)
    • If one player manages to create a line, the game will show who has won, and after a few seconds, this will reset, and will default to red player for a new game.
    • The game can be reset at any time by pressing the reset button below left.
    • The order of the players can be changed by pressing the button below right
    I hope that this game like it as much as my other creations, if anyone find any error / bug, please let me know and I will correct.
    As always, if anyone need a bit more info/help about the logic I use, just post here your questions :)

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: Zerefette

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It's so small! Very nice work, indeed!

Would you, by any chance, try your hand at making a Sokoban puzzle with display blocks? If you don't want to I fully understand (would be quite complex logic required). :)

Reaction score
    Hello Professor Falken, how about a nice game of chess?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!

Hi all people, this time i build an Air-Lock desing for your ships/space stations, i hope find it useful ;)
    These are the rules of the Air-Lock:

1. If a ship docks - undock at the docking port, both doors are reset, preventing air escaping from the ship.
    2. Only when a ship is present on the docking port, both doors are allowed to be open.
    3. If both doors are closed, any of the two sides doors can be open (only one at time).
    4. If any door is open, the other door cant be open until the other is closed.
    5. If you want one door be open, and other is open, the system force it to be closed (both doors follow the rule 4).

I hope you all like the system i build and can be use in yours builds; if you find any logic bug or issue, please tell me here. Be free to use this or edit the design

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!

Hi all people, i´m back, and today i bring you all some project i finnish recently. First at all, i must say a big thanks to Snapems for his great contribution, he has authorized me to use his regex code and I have put it in a single set, as result, we have a way to create an up / down counter using only display blocks and a few logical blocks, having a reduced module size of 3x3x4 blocks.

1. SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
    • 1 display block for set the initial number to count ( It must be within the limits established - read below )
    • 2 display blocks for set the "MIN / MAX" limits ( This allows us to control "from and to what" number we want system count )
    • 2 buttons for UP and DOWN the count
    3. HOW DOES IT WORK
    • In order for the system to work, we must set its counting limits (for example, if we want the counter to range from 1 to 10, we must put as start 1, and as final 10) * this have a minor bug/limit.
    • Then, we must write a number that is within the limits we put before in the "Input" display block.
    • Now, we only need press UP/DOWN buttons for count the number we write in the last point.
    * The "MIN" limit have a minor bug i can´t fix, it can´t contain the number zero "0"

I hope this helps you in your constructions and understand a little more about the RegEx code. If anyone knows more about RegEx code and has knowledge that he wants to share with the Starmade community and authorize me to use, I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!

Hello everyone again, today I bring you an elevator design using display blocks. The system requires very few adjustments and has a great potential, being practically unlimited the number of plants that can have. In the images I have put all the information required to better understand the operation and start-up.

1. SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
    • 1 display to contain the main menu of all floors in each floor
    • 1 button for call the elevator of each floor
    • 1 display + sensor for detect if the floor menu change ( for each floor )
    • 1 display + sensor for detect the floor player selected
    • 1 rail system for config the direction of the elevator ( this call the elevator to the player current floor )
    • 1 display-system for store the player floor selected and clear when it dont be in use

3. HOW DOES IT WORK
    • When the player press the call button or enters the number of the plant he wants to go in the display menu, the system detects that it has changed, and "sends-copy" the selected floor number to the "display buffer", which will be detected by the "configuration display" of each floor. (Image info"Detail of elevator floor config")
    • When the number of the floor the player wants to go has been detected, it will activate the corresponding rail system and detect when the elevator reaches the floor ( This do three things, open the plex door of the floor, stop the elevator when it reaches the desired floor and clear the "buffer" display, this action restore all floor displays too) (Image info "Back view")
    * The logic NOT GATE near the activation block i use for detect when the elevator reach the floor can be remove if you dont want had plex doors or can be used for "KNOW" in wich one plant the elevator is
    * The lift system is built to be modular, so you only need to copy / paste one plant on top of another.
    * Although I say that it can have unlimited plants ... there is an obvious limit ... it can only contain the limit of a display text ... you know 9.999.999 ..... Up to 240 characters

I hope this building appeals to you and find it useful, using the display blocks can do many very interesting things. If you think you can improve my system, please tell me your ideas and suggestions

Attachments

Last edited:

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    My, this is inspiring! Could you combine the elevator with the up/down counter for a system where you can type in a floor or use buttons to cycle?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    kiddan if you want cycle the floors, the system dont need alot of logic, just a start and end point, and a easy way to change the direction of the elevator

Reactions: kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Seeing myself unable to finish certain projects, due mainly to the number of bugs, blueprints and single player server, corrupted, I decided to start from 0 a project that had in mind for some time, emulate of the most basic operating system I know, MS-DOS

This is just a very basic presentation, but I hope people appreciate the potential that it has :)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!

Have you ever wondered, what speed/frecuency has the logical clock you have built? No problem, using my hertz meter you can know!

If you want to know at what frequency, your clock can work, you just have to link the output of your clock signal to the input of my hertz meter and activate the button in front of, that's easy, no matter how fast you go, this can Any frequency (tested up to a frequency of 1 Ghz)

* My thanks to Snapems for its efficient regex command to count up, without which, this would not have been possible

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: Snapems
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!

Thanks to the changes in the display blocks (the possibility of using regex commands), the player has a wide way of displaying and manipulating data / text in the display blocks, in this way, the player can access to all the information that he needs Using a few display blocks, all in one place, let's call it "central control room".

The main problem of any player when wanting to use these functions, is that most of the time, he knows what he wants to do, but he does not know how to build it, so I have built 3 different modules to make life for the player, more comfortable .

1. SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
    • Control center module: composed of the display block to display the information and a simple logic clock (ON/OFF).
    • Universal control module: small set of buttons and displays, to add and manipulate the information shown in the first module "Control center module".
    • Regex command generation module: this module has been designed specifically to make life more comfortable for the player, generating the necessary commands for the "Universal control module".

Code:
    OPEN REGEX COMMAND:   [ADD][REPLACEFIRST](UCM)\[(.+?)\][WITH]$1[OPEN]
    ID MODULE COMMAND:    [ADD][ADD]UCM[CLOSED] * This display need have a new empty line
    CLOSED REGEX COMMAND: [ADD][REPLACEFIRST](UCM)\[(.+?)\][WITH]$1[CLOSED]

Code:
    ORANGE SQUARE: This only temporarily store the name written by the player, does not have a own regex command.
    RED SQUARE:    [REPLACEFIRST][WITH][ADD]
    YELLOW SQUARE: [ADD][REPLACEFIRST]UCM[WITH]
    PURPLE SQUARE: This only temporarily store the regex command build by the other commands, for replace the tag (UCM)
                    with the name player had input in the final stage, does not have a own regex command.

3. HOW DOES IT WORK
    • First we must place the first module in the designated area in our construction; if we want to create a different design for the console, we must take into account only the control display and logical clock ( this send the logic input signal to all the "universal control modules").
    • Second, we must place the "universal control module" in the sites that we want to monitor its status, and see its information in our "Control center module" ( in this case, door status; this also works with docking ports, lights and other systems)
    • Third, we will use the Regex command generation module to automatically generate the commands necessary for the correct operation of the Universal control module, it is only necessary to enter the "name" that we want, and the module automatically generate the 3 regex commands for us.
    4. OBSERVATIONS TO BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT

* Remember to enter, in all the display blocks after you have pasted it, for the information present, to last during sessions.
    * The regex commands generated in the "Regex command generation module" must be copied & pasted into the display blocks of the "universal control modules" for their correct operation.
    * If you need to modify the design of any module because of the lack of space in its constructions, be careful with the interactions of blocks and others adjacent, can cause problems.
    * The three modules are available in the form of "Templates" and must be pasted in the "Templates" folder inside the root directory of the game.

This is all, if you see that there is some mistake/bug, or want to adapt the modules to perform other functions, just tell me in the comments and I will help you in anything.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I challenge you to build TIC-TAC-TOE to work on a single display!
    But please fix the 9 display version first, I'd like to integrate it on a recruiting/entertaining ship of mine but the controls aren't behaving correctly.
    I'd give you credit ofc.

Last edited: