Importing your favorite ship hulls per request (1 a month)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    The last project I attempted, spent maybe a day on it before moving on to other games about a year ago, was a Shadow vessel from Babylon 5. I am now drifting back to Starmade and remembering my earlier interest. At the time I was building pirates for the Freaks R'Us server, and thought that little would be more intimidating than such a ship, if it was built with capabilities to match.

What stymied me however was not making it tough; I have great confidence in my ability to build AI ships that will ruin an unprepared player's day. My undoing was the daunting task of trying to hand build, block by block, one of the most mind bending twisty bits of horror ever imagined. If by chance, you might have a model of such that could be exported/imported, that would be a godsend to me. The question is scale...

Obviously I would want for it to be black. However I would also want for there to be sufficient room inside the spindly bits to be able to use them as aux reactors or just stringing power lines, requiring contiguous interior blocks. That puts a definite minimum size on their scale. For the sake of the servers and players with lower end computers, it would probably also be best for them to not be titan scale either. I am hoping that a scale in the range of 1000K blocks volume would do the trick. That's big enough to scare the crap out of most people in the ships they actually fly, but not so big that a faction or very well heeled player couldn't hunt them down and defeat them.

Shadow Vessel

There are some 3D models on this page listed under 'Shadow Warship'. There are several, and I have no idea which would be best. The scariest? ;-)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As omega hasn't posted since august and in that time the blueprint format has changed, and as I've just finished my model importer. I will offer to talk over the hull imports. Here are my requirements:
    • a link to a 3d model of the ship you want (.3ds or .obj preferable but anything will do aslong as i can convert it)
    • say where you would like the ship core to be
    • say what size you would like the ship to be (largest atm is 1250 blocks in any dimension)
    • say what type of hull you would like it in (any square block that does not have rotation states will work)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The last project I attempted, spent maybe a day on it before moving on to other games about a year ago, was a Shadow vessel from Babylon 5. I am now drifting back to Starmade and remembering my earlier interest. At the time I was building pirates for the Freaks R'Us server, and thought that little would be more intimidating than such a ship, if it was built with capabilities to match.

What stymied me however was not making it tough; I have great confidence in my ability to build AI ships that will ruin an unprepared player's day. My undoing was the daunting task of trying to hand build, block by block, one of the most mind bending twisty bits of horror ever imagined. If by chance, you might have a model of such that could be exported/imported, that would be a godsend to me. The question is scale...

Obviously I would want for it to be black. However I would also want for there to be sufficient room inside the spindly bits to be able to use them as aux reactors or just stringing power lines, requiring contiguous interior blocks. That puts a definite minimum size on their scale. For the sake of the servers and players with lower end computers, it would probably also be best for them to not be titan scale either. I am hoping that a scale in the range of 1000K blocks volume would do the trick. That's big enough to scare the crap out of most people in the ships they actually fly, but not so big that a faction or very well heeled player couldn't hunt them down and defeat them.

Shadow Vessel

There are some 3D models on this page listed under 'Shadow Warship'. There are several, and I have no idea which would be best. The scariest? ;-)
    Here you go Pan Babylon Five: Shadow Warship (hull)

Reactions: Tamren Shade
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You are a scholar and a gentleman Sir. A thousand thank yous.
    did i happen to misread your post?.. I see know it said a 1000k blocks (volume).. I assumed you meant 1000k meters as that was how i've asked others to post it was in the longest dimension..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    did i happen to misread your post?.. I see know it said a 1000k blocks (volume).. I assumed you meant 1000k meters as that was how i've asked others to post it was in the longest dimension..
    D'oh. I am sorry. Yes, I did mean volume as opposed to length. I had/have no idea what the actual length would be for that volume of blocks. At a thousand meters/block 'length', this is definitely into the server breaking titan scale and can't be fast enough to actually chase a fleeing player. Sadly I really have zero clue what the length should be in order to get something in the range of 1M blocks, 100K mass. Can I ask you to best guess, erring on the side of larger I guess than smaller. (If it's much smaller than 1M blocks, it might be too small to actually be sufficiently scary to players in their normal cruisers. A bit bigger however, I can compensate for with extra thrusters and aux reactors.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    D'oh. I am sorry. Yes, I did mean volume as opposed to length. I had/have no idea what the actual length would be for that volume of blocks. At a thousand meters/block 'length', this is definitely into the server breaking titan scale and can't be fast enough to actually chase a fleeing player. Sadly I really have zero clue what the length should be in order to get something in the range of 1M blocks, 100K mass. Can I ask you to best guess, erring on the side of larger I guess than smaller. (If it's much smaller than 1M blocks, it might be too small to actually be sufficiently scary to players in their normal cruisers. A bit bigger however, I can compensate for with extra thrusters and aux reactors.)
    To be honest.. due to the lack of much open space with this ship being mostly thin tentacles. It would end up being around 100k mass in the end once the little bit of volume available is filled. Also dimensions doesn't hurt players or servers nearly as much as number of blocks and entities. I suspect a black ship such as this wouldn't have any harsh effect on most peoples hardware. But ill do a test by filling the entire ship up with power blocks to see what it ends up being and if i should shrink it down some..

Reaction score
    Hello, I am a Starmade player who is unable to work my imagination. Any creation I dare to dream up of turns up looking like... absolute sh!t. I was hoping you could do a shell for an Cobra Mk.3 from Elite: Dangerous, 28m in length. Made of Blue Standard Armor. That is my primary wish, but it would also be fantastic if you could do a model of Elite: Dangerous' Anaconda. It's 155m in length and It would look best if covered by dark-grey advanced armor.

Thanks a ton!
    -MarkC. :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey omega, i am currently working on making a sovereign from your hull. Could you maybe make an Akira class like 460 m long?
    I will get around to it in the next couple days. I have another week away from work and will try to get several in that i didn't get the chance to before.

Daeridanii

Detail Devil
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to request an Intrepid Class.
    Ideally, it would be 1:1, so ... 345 metres long.
    Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
    cheyenne class
    height: 160.75 meters
    width: 315.11 meters
    length: 401.83 meters
    or
    Length: 380.64 m
    Beam: 275.33 m
    Draft: 88.75 m
    What ever you think is better (Im A fan of your work)
    20 or 30 decks or so please if you will

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Omega
    [doublepost=1475421284,1475421171][/doublepost]
    cheyenne class
    height: 160.75 meters
    width: 315.11 meters
    length: 401.83 meters
    or
    Length: 380.64 m
    Beam: 275.33 m
    Draft: 88.75 m
    What ever you think is better (Im A fan of your work)
    20 or 30 decks or so please if you will

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Omega
    [doublepost=1475421284,1475421171][/doublepost]
    Yes yes... I know. I have to give other peoples ships a little time in the lime light before i swamp the docks with hulls though. I have had complaints in the past.