General Game Issues [Not Bugs]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    \"SocketException: adress family not supported by protocol family: connect

Please send /logs dorectory to [email protected]\"

Idk what that means and what logs are to help solve the fix problem somone help me, like can someone tell me exactly what is wrong it was running perfect yesterday.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im having a issue with the ship build mode when i try and go to build mode in my ship before i place a block it just freezes then it crashes and then it ses (array extension out of bounds) and it only happens on multiplayer not single player

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello! I recently tried to run this game and I got an error. The black screen would get to 100% and then the game would just close. I updated my graphics drivers (I\'m using Intel HD Graphics) and now I get another error.

It is: ErrorDialogueException: ERROR-DIALOGUE-EXCEPTION: class org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not create context

Reaction score
    SQLExeption: error in script file line: C:\\Users\\Sam\\Desktop\\Starmade\\server-database\\index 54

I get this whenever i try to start my game, only happened after i installed the pulse weapon patch. im not trying to run on a server, just singleplayer. please help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In the Advanced Build Mode (Holding Left CTRL), the orientation preview of blocks has dissapeared. I cannot see which way my blocks are facing anymore. They were fine before the two most recent patches (Patched new 9th August 2013). I care not for the lag at the moment, seeing the orientation of blocks before I place them is crucial to construction. I am using the free Alpha on a 32-bit java.

I don\'t know if there is an option to turn the orientation preview on and off, but anyone who knows a simple fix would be well appreciated :).

Hoping for a quick fix or patch.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a server for me and a friend and we both have quite large ships. Unfortuantly if we accidently hit eachother or try and land on a planet the fps will sometimes do down to 1 and the server stops responding. The problem is that it takes ageas to manage to fix this and so the server is unplayable for a long time, untill eventually we manage to change sector.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    For some reason my mouse never links up with the buttons. To hit the spawn button, I have to move the mouse diagonally up and to the right.

HELP!

Reaction score
    Having problems with tweaking my AMCs in the weapons screen. Some or all, depending on what seems to be random chance, are not responding to the changes in percentages. Sometimes one cannon will while another of exactly the same configuration will not, to the point that I can set every parameter at zero and still have no stat change whatsoever.

The two cannons that I had a problem with were ~30 blocks each.

Reaction score
    randomly the ping rate on my server which is local to me will start returning ping rates of 500+ i ultimatly have to close the Star-made Server app and relaunch which always fixes the problem for 24-48 hours after which i have to do it again. this issue didnt start untill recently. as far as specs its a humble machine..
    its a HP Proliant Micro server 2.2 Ghz dual core prossesor, 8 gig of ram sata 3 0+1 raided drives

it has hosted my Minecraft server without problems each instance of java is allocated 3 gig of ram and all the streamlineing is in place for those enviroments. both minecraft and Star-made are running in High priority.

my first thought was that somehow minecraft and star-made running togeather was causing it so have been running star-made solo for a week now and the problem persists.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Different windows are not treated individually very well. If you click an option in a window that is over a menu, then it instantly will ALSO click the part of a window behind the first window in the event the first window is closed by the click.

This also transitions to the game when you are closing the last window at times (often resulting in you firing a shot in an armed ship).

The solution is simple: Rather then have the initial click activate the option, have the RELEASE activate it. That is, when you click, it is not until you take your finger off the mouse button that the signal is accepted by the button its over. This is how windows in, well, Windows typically work, as well as many games.

Reaction score
    I seem to not be able to join ANY servers and when I try it says\"EncryptionOperationNotPossible: null\". I don\'t know what to do. I run windows 7 and have an intel graphics card. Please help me!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im not sure if this is a server problem(I play on the littlebigstarmade server) but I am getting repeated crashes that occur shortly after I spawn in. There is no FPS dropping before hand, or skyrocketing ping. The problem has occured before but was never consequetive. Now I cant spawn anymore without almost immediate crashes. I run starmade on a stock MacBook Pro with OSX 10.6.8.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Obviously an alpha issue, common in a lot of engines, but it makes having a glass cockpit inconvenient. Maybe make a solid model for missiles as well? Given they\'re all transparent textures (as far as I can tell), there\'s literally nothing to see through glass.

Reaction score
    Combat is essentially broken at this point. The shield bar is difficult to read and often gets stuck well above the actual state of shields, there is no warning whatsoever that armor is being damaged or destroyed, and half the time hits don\'t even register until you\'re dead.

Reaction score
    Hello all,

I\'ve run into this a couple times now and sometimes a simple restart helps, but recently it hasn\'t been that easy; I\'ve just finished building a new ship, so I wanted to redistribute the power of the missiles and AMCs on board. There were no problems with the BB-Missiles - as I increased/decreased the percentage of power, the total number for the given stat changed with it (i.e. decreasing the Distance slider from 20% lowered the total, increasing the Speed slider from 20% increased the total, etc). However, when I tried to do the same with the AMCs, the total number would not change. I restarted my game, because like I said, I\'ve encountered this a few times and it worked; however, upon entering the ship and trying again, the same thing happened. The BB-Missiles were still perfectly configurable, and the AMCs still refused to budge.

I am playing on a LAN server with my brother, so I asked him to enter my ship core and do the redistribution for me; he said it worked fine, set the numbers where I wanted them, and let me back into my ship. When I re-entered the ship, however, the cannons were still in the same state I left them in: 25% distribution all around, which is not what I want. Once again, clicking the arrows increased/decreased the percentage, but not the total number.

It might resolve itself with a server reset, since that is running on a different computer, and in single player restarting usually fixes it; but we\'re shutting the server down to take a break, so I won\'t know (nor will I be able to try any potential suggestions) until sometime later.

As usual, thanks for any input or suggestions, and if anyone needs more info or my PC specs, I\'ll be happy to provide.

P.S. Sorry for the long-winded explanation, I just want to provide as much detail as possible to hopefully help resolve this for good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dont know wether its a bug or not but when i buy or salvage any power cores i dont get them? anybody else got this problem?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Starmade crashes when I try to start, since the last update. It says I need to update my graphics. I go to my manufacturer and Intel and they both say no update available. Running the new Sony pro 13 with haswell i7.

Reaction score
    since the last update, all my blocks are black -.-
    not invisible, but black
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2bs3tv2vcqic008
    (look at the planet and there are no stars normaly there is the Spawn Build)