General Game Issues [Not Bugs]

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Since the game actually starts(but then crashes) there should be more data about the crash in the starmade logfiles.

From what I\'ve experienced in support chat, it is likely, that there is a corrupted or outdated blueprint beeing loaded.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Preview of wedges/orientable blocks not showing up in ctrl menu. Persistent problem, I can provide screenshot if neccesary.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not too sure if this is the right section but here I go.

With the new shadows (even barebone) the game cannot load 100% without crashing. I have a iMac from 2010 using the NVIDIA GeForce 9400 Graphics.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Same on Arch Linux (Manjaro.org). Normal maps don\'t work either.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just reinstalled Starmade after a few months now. The main difference between before and after is, that I use windows 8 now. For some reason, when I start the game, all the message boxes appear, however they don\'t contain any text. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
    I am experience crash every time I start up on the latest Dev Build (0.106 - build 20140212_230541).

I am running on an AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 3.20GHz.

I start the game, get into the \'Spawn\' menu and it will stop responding, freeze and my graphics driver will crash then restart and I will have to close the game down.

I should point out, that it worked fine before this build, so it is not simply that my graphics can not play the game in general.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, I read somewhere that upgrading my intel drives would help me play the latest and greatest this game has to offer. After falling on my face I come here. I\'ve heard a whisper or two that I need a compatibility upgrade, though I\'m not sure where such a thing would be. Can I please have some assistance on the issue.

Reaction score
    ~~exiting a core drops FPS to 1

My server is running the new dev build v0.107. The game seems to run absolutely fine as it did before. The only problem i have is:

EVERY time i exit a core my FPS drops to 1 and stays there indefinitely. everything is already rendered and whatnot so it isnt my computer. If i log out of the game and log back in the game is once again fine, however, the next tim ei get out of a core it will happen again. I have dropped all settings and resolution down to the bare minimum to see if it helped to no avail.

Anyone know how to fix this? no one else on the server has the issue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Has anyone else noticed that the top textures of blocks are mirrored left/right?

Reaction score
    Fine sirs,

Recently, I purchased a replacement computer as my old model was teetering on the very precipice of death. I decided that in order to ensure that it function as well as my older one, I installed - patience expended, basically it doesn\'t work anymore which is annoying because I was really looking forward to not imploding my computer as soon as I approached a planet. It keeps telling me to update my drivers but I think they\'re perfectly up-to-date. I think it\'s Windows 8.1 that\'s causing the issues, so if you could have a look... I\'m gonna try the new build to see if that improves it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    When trying to join any online game the loader most often gets stuck at \"Requesting synchronize...\". Sometimes I\'ll get the critical error prompt \"SocketTimeoutException: Read Timed out\", though its about a 50/50 chance. The server admin sees me connect but it just locks up after that. I can play locally with no issues.

I\'ve tried java 32 and 64 bit reinstalls, starmade reinstalls, and driver updates. I am running a 64 bit Windows 7, gigabyte mobo, AMD FX CPU, and a AMD Radeon 7800 GPU. I think the source of the problem might be in the internet connection, I have a university campus connection and maybe somewhere along the way their firewalls block it? I can play minecraft without any issue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I built a normal size ship and everytime I get on I don\'t lag but when I move the ship and get out it drops my framerate to about 2-3 fps. Then about 5 minutes later it says \"Ship Name\" is bringing lag to game we are now respawning it, and then it respawns and they the fps goes up and then repeat that cycle.

Reaction score
    The word \"signature\" is spelled \"Signitaure\" on the reset button, and then on the button right below, it\'s spelled \"Signiture\".

CES

Reaction score
    Once 2when I was playing my ship flew around with no reason.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Small glitch with the atmosphere bubble causing a bit of invisibility.

http://i.imgur.com/asblg0F.png

Reaction score
    Everytime the update bar is on 100% it always fails

IDK why it said i dont have the Checksum

Reaction score
    I am getting the same issue.. the previous build works just fine.. but when i update it wont go past the connecting issue. I am running windows 8

Reaction score
    Shadows!!! o They look so gorgeous. But you need to optimize them badly. I mean, BADLY. I get 25FPS tops with them on, the best setting. The games looks uterly gorgeous with them on. I want to keep them on, but isimply turn it off, and I get 86+ FPS with VBO bulk 2mb on. Just turn on shadows at ANY setting and I get 20fps average. Look into it?

Reaction score
    So I have a mulitplayer server that is pretty much unusable at the minute. I\'m filling out whitelists and admin files and they\'re uploading to the server but none of it is working. The only way I can get admin is by leaving the file blank. The Whitelist was working before the patch but isn\'t anymore.

Any ideas as the support guys at my server host are lost?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    im not trying to be a prick or flame the dev\'s but they did a shity job they said they improved the game but the fact is 90% or more people with (big ships) are having problems even rendering their ships now because their computers cpu and other parts are maxing out. from what i read in the update log we (SHOULD) in fact be able to have bigger ships then we previously been limited to. this should seriously be looked into and fixed i had a ship a little over 300 in every direction now i can\'t even look at the ship without my gpu fan going into overdrive and the cpu fan kicking up as well when i look at it for more then a minute and thats with the settings pretty much at there lowest

p.s i have a gamepad with a performence reader and it hits cpu 100% within less then a minute of rendering the ship and thats with a 2.9 ghz 6 core