General Game Issues [Not Bugs]

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I understand this is for game issues and not bugs, but I have a hard time thinking of a single kind of problem that would not fit under the description of an \"issue\", and not a bug. So, how do we define bugs around here?

Reaction score
    Hello,

Since last update shields on planets are not working. We got 89k shields with regeneration rate at 28881 per secon, 1164 blocks and recovery time 2.0. Now pirate ships come and start shooting at it - no shields..... auto turning on is faulty now?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It Seems that ships over the mass of 25,000 cause server lag when coming into collsion how to fix this? can there be an option to turn collision calculation off or something,.

Reaction score
    On my capital ship some of the gun positions do not work, they are registered on the weapons computer but most of the time they neither fire nor do damage while still draining energy.

I can fix this by turing the inputs on and off but this has to be done every time I load the game or the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have this issue on both singleplayer and multiplayer. I run the launcher and everything runs as it should, but when I get to the part where I need to click spawn, before I get a chance t odo anything the game crashes. There are no error logs or anything, and this only started happening recently, after the last update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When i built a large ship with an antenna and flew it close to a station i got severe lag. Turns out the boundry boxes of my ship and the station colliding was not good for the game. Is there any way of finetuning collisions that could reduce boundry box collision lag?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Chat focus/defocus UI:

- Current: Enter key opens/focuses chat; Enter key sends text, then defocuses chat; requires no text be present in text input to defocus chat without actually sending text.

- Better: Enter key opens/focuses chat; Enter key sends text but does NOT defocus chat; Escape key defocus chat, does NOT bring up main menu (the Spawn, Exit, etc. menu); currently-entered text is retained between focuses.

- Reasoning: no need to delete a bunch of text just to return to game mode.

Chat direction:

- Current: chat text input is at top of chat window; new text is prepended to top of chat view.

- Better: chat text input is at bottom of chat window; new text is appended to end of current chat view.

- Reasoning: every other chat UI in the history of the world behaves this way - it is an unnecessary and confusing difference.

Reaction score
    I have a macbook pro with intel hd 3000 (yes I know how shitty that gpu is) and every time I play starmade my fps caps at 60 even though I have the fps cap turned off. This causes a bit more lag a for me compared to my friend with the same laptop but no fixed frame issues when in high density ares with lots of blocks. I believe this is a common occurance with crappy intel cards and this game, and I know I can get around 80-909 fps on minecraft with default textures, and a constant 60-65 with a 64x texture pack. I would much appreciate it if schema attempted to resolve these issues, especially being with how low one would expect this game to be in terms of neccesary computing power.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I get an \"invalid username\" error when I try to log in to the launcher. The reason given is that the game only accepts usernames that contain \"A-Z, a-z, 0-9, - and _\". The site doesn\'t mention this, and allows you to create usernames with spaces in them. I\'ve already purchased the account upgrade and am a little steamed about not being able to play it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i tried to play the game but when i tried to press playgame it said could not run program javaw

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I get that too...the only way to solve it is to open it from your internet explorer/firefox/chrome download page and not from you desktop of start menu bar

Reaction score
    SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect

This is the error I get whenever I launch the starter. I can get the game to work, but I can\'t update. How do I fix it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been getting the same kinda thing, i log in single player and move 3m and all the blocks vanish.
    it\'s most iritating.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sound, i cant hear the cannons firing. only thing i hear is the menu buttons and whatnot

EDIT: lol fail, i was too far away from them

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry if this was already posted, but I noticed weirdness sometimes when i alt+tab from the game and back (windows). big purple trangles all originating from a point in the distance blink randomly around blocking my view.

Reaction score
    My faction settings are being changed to \"Consider neutral enemy\" at random occasions.

No idea why or when.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    made a nice ship.... quit game normally....open it again...lost all progress of ship...only saved the previous gameplays.... also i use mac OS... when i quit the game.. the icon still stays on my tool bar...and i can quit it... making me not able to shut down or restart my computer.. so ihave to force shutdown....is it only me ????

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When trying to download StarMade onto my laptop, it stays at 0% and a minute later pops up with Critical Error and says the file might be modded, yet I downloaded it from this site. I\'ve tried regular way, alterative way, and even manual but they all do the same thing. Please, I just purchased the game and id very much like to play it :c

Reaction score
    My Starmade starts fine but when im in game the middle of my space station that I built doesn\'t load please tell me how to fix it or if I should just give up and make a base for the 3rd time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A brief while ago, I went on a holiday to Holland. I played on Starmade for a bit, working on my personal space station(among other things), and shut down my computer before having dinner. Afterwards, I turned on my computer, opened Starmade, but while it was connecting, this message came up;

SQLSyntaxErrorException: user lacks privilige or object not found: PUBLIC.ENTITIES

I haven\'t touched anything that can possibly have affected the PUBLIC.ENTITIES thing (whatever it is), and when it gives me the option of either retry or exit, both options close the program. Has anyone else experirenced this bug before?