General Game Issues [Not Bugs]

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    please read:
    http://star-made.org/content/how-report-bug

and test it in a new folder or maybe check the files are readable.
    on the servers I play on, and while testing it all worked fine.

Any chance the file got corrupted?
    (Maybe editor removing the line feeds, or different format? (Its one name per line, now case sensitive!)

- Andy

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    you set the videosettings just a bit too high..

disable shadows, as they are currently the most heavy stress on your cpu/gpu you can get.
    procedural background resolution and texturepack resolution down to min, helps a lot,
    increasing max drawn segments over 5000 is also a big impact on performance.

In case you are sure you video card is not the problem, and its more cpu stress than gpu stress, please send in a log of your client.

Thanks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    sigh.... i dont think you get what i just said according to game update log i shouldn\'t even have to change a single setting because the game should run better now and be less stressfull on most computers but thats not the case anymore it the total oppisit and just to be clear i had every thing set low but the segment setting and garaphic setting which is my screens max 1680 x 1050 if i had a better screen i could go higher but at any rate this problem should not be happening at all i had no problem with my ship before this update now i do

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The overall perfomance while logging in in big homebases with many ships is great now, it made my computer hang for several minutes in the last release.
    Most moving objects run a lot smoother now. (Big objects, or even small ones in large numbers)

Some problems are the time a base or ship loads, in this time the fps maybe low and the game a bit less responsive, but on my computer with 2,5ghz dual core, 4gb ram and mobile video card i can free fly around in bases and between ship at a size of approx 25.000.000 to 50.000.000 blocks without any problems.
    The last build made my computer hang on changing into a sector with a 3.000.000 block base and a handful 500.000 block ships. (Sometimes that bad that I flew right into the base, and got warped out of it, not seeing it at all. So my next screenrefresh showed me 2-3km behind the base I was approaching...)

To make sure about what we are talking here:
    May you send me the blueprint or at least some stats on the ship?

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    mass:781527.3 (blocks:7110087)

length:472m height:283m width:323m

power:1923779494.3(43328975.0 e/sec)

thrust:10442558.0

turningspeed:x-axis:1.0 y-axis:1.0 z-axis:1.0

shields:16000749(187857 s/sec)blocks:2793253:recovery: 5.0

beleave me im not blowing these specs out of my ass thats just how much i put into the ship and i have seen bigger ships then this as well before the shit storm of cpu over use

Reaction score
    Schema now stores the admin list in all lower-case names, so if you enter something like \"Valan\" or \"Mowa2\" it will probably not work, you need to switch to \"valan\" or \"mowa2\". some of the admin commands start acting weirdly as well if you have an upper-case in your name :p (like tab+f8). interesting to note is that even catalogs still don\'t transfer between different cased names

Reaction score
    When i first got 0.14 it was great, i logged in on Windoom, played around with new stuff some then left. Next day, i tried to load starmade. I got to Logging in as Maple (0.14) and then i got an AOException, later on, and currently today, im getting EOFException. Any ideas? I tried re installing but that didnt work. I logged in, cleared, logged in several times.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I believe you get the EOF when the server is offline, not too sure about the AOE one though.

Reaction score
    Try logging in with a different name, maybe your charcter file got corrupted

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I downloaded StarMade once on my old computer. Worked fantastically. Now that I downloaded it on the new one though... I get as far as Loaded 100% before it vanishes. When I try to start it again, I am told a JVM crash has been detected, which is most likely because my graphics driver isn\'t up to date. But I just updated it, and double-checked if I had the last one, but this is still what happens... Suggestions?

Reaction score
    I´m getting this weird glitch when looking at the preview image of the blocks in advanced build mode. Even the other preview when building. It starts out normal when i log in and build but when i change the blocks rotation the old preview image still remains along with the new one. Sometimes it even cycles a preview image of everything in my taskbar without me even touching anything. I never had this issue until this latest update.

I just wanted to check if anyone else had this issue and what you did to resolve it?

Oh and im running the lates version (0.1401)

My graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 7800

Edit:

Oh and apparently i cant edit my turrets in build mode anymore when they are docked. Atleast not the bottom layer next to the core.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This build does not start when downloaded manually, and does not contain a complete installation.