General Game Issues [Not Bugs]

Reaction score
    I tried to run as admin, etcetera etcetera, but it just showed me this instead of the game. the launcher and settings work; the game itself doesn\'t

im on windows 7, and the same hardware as on windows vista, but it worked on vista...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    My launcher doesnt work. when trying to join an ONLINE server it says \"logging in as Star_Rider(Version 0.0943)\" and it doesnt log into the server. please fix this as it started straight after the last update and it is really not helping as i have to, for some reason wait hours, about 6, before it works again.

Reaction score
    Sooooo this only happens in build mode when looking at blocks. Strange artifacts load in the background when looking at blocks in build mode. Here is a screenshot:

Any idea on what it is? You can see the weird artifact in the background.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6970, Win7 64bit, latest Java, latest drivers. I got nothing for this one lol

Reaction score
    so it happens when I got closer to a planet. the FPS drops to 0 sometimes it goes back up but most likely it crashes the game. tried again and again but it keeps crashes again.

Reaction score
    looks like a planets atmosphere on crack, i dont have any suggestions on this one, other than relog and play around with the atmosphere shader option

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Have noticed every time I try to go further than a couple hundred km at once, the game starts to stutter to an eventual stall and/or crash.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My starmade connector never does. It stays at \"Connecting to Localhost:2424\" and goes no further. If you are giving responces to these issues, please send it to me in my inbox. I am terrible at following threads.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s to do with ATI drivers not working well with the new implementations of GL that the game has used.

Crossfired 7970s here, and getting this one as well, with no issues as far as heat or load are concerned.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi! Zenithas here, night admin for the-rebel-alliance and author of other bug reports. We\'ve been having issues with custom blocks (as mentioned in one of the aforementioned). This is going to sound crazy, but we can\'t seem to get the extra custom blocks to load. We\'ve filled our t002, and would love to add to our collection with a variety of materials. Instead, we find that the game simply does not acknowledge the existence of t003.png or further.

Weird, huh?

Reaction score
    Hello,

I have noticed that now insted of being able to control the blocks in your server, any client can adjust and make changes. I usually have shields glowing. Now it can only be adjusted client side. They can also control what blocke are in the shop. Hmmm

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Odd. Haven\'t been able to do that from our end. Server controls shops, can\'t override blocks. The only thing that\'s controllable is the textures, which servers never controlled. Describe the steps that bring this about?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cannot start?

It keeps saying i cannot start because i do not have permission?

If that is, how do i get it?

Reaction score
    Sorry to rain down here but the mac mini IS NOT designed as a gaming station, and uses graphics that can pretty much only output 1080p video and thats it. Anyone with Intel integrated graphics simply is not allowed to complain about graphics cause lag. (Not hating on intel here i

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sometimes whenever I add/remove a block or use a plexdoor a section of the ship (or the whole ship) will go invisble. Sometimes it will reappear upon adding/removing another block or messing with the plexdoors but sometimes it will not.

Reaction score
    After a few months of not playing, I decided to boot back into my old StarMade server, and was faced with the unfortunate case of absolutely horrible performance, which is probably the reason I stopped playing originally. Is it still massive memory leaks?

I have a farily old rig (basically one that was powerful in 2008-2009,) yet I still get high frame rates in games like CS:GO and Dota 2, all be it on medium settings, however in StarMade I have pretty much everything disabled such as stars, bloom, background image, and I have low draw distance and FOV, but when I\'m near my space station my framerate floats around 25 fps, and when I turn my camera it tanks to a gut-wrenchingly low framerate of 0-5 fps. I\'m not asking for some sort of 1 step solution to getting good performance, I consider myself a tinker, but I can\'t figure out why the performance is this bad. My best guess would be enormous memory leaks but I don\'t know.

My build is:

Core 2 duo E8400

Nvidia 9600GT

DDR3 1333mhz 8GB ram

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
    Should have posted this here. For one reason or another I can\'t uplink on the internet connection I\'m using, it works fine if I\'m playing elsewhere but on the connection provided by the university I get the error \"SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed\". Is there any way to work around this? The illusive server requires that you uplink so I can\'t just connect without uplinking. It used to work fine up until the uplink system was updated.

Reaction score
    in games where the resolution is higher than 1024X768 the HUD doesn\'t line things up/resize them right. This makes it dificult to target pirates and other ships in a fire fight.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Howdy,

I looks like this has been mentioned but not neccisarily correlated.

While the game is running in full screen mode, if I alt tab out, and then back to the game I get strange graphical glitches of triangles or various colors appearing when looking in certain directions. This is aleviated by restarting the game. Most noticable in build mode(makes it quite difficult to build anything).

Processor: i7 (Nehalem) @ 3.4GHz

Memory: 18GB

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 285

Reaction score
    One orientation of hull corner makes the face of the block at its point invisible.

Pictures are here http://imgur.com/a/pl4LM

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    If the launcher starts, but nothing happens, when you click \'start game\', you should try changing the memory settings(accessible in the menu at the top-left side of the launcher window). I had the same problem, until I changed client and dedicated server settings to the same values.