General Game Issues [Not Bugs]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whenever I try to get into a build block the game crashes and gives me an error about Objects Array and already having an Array

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the ligthing system is not working at all...all i can barelly see is completely dark blocks...help??

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    from now chat will NOT load at all i wonder why its bugging out for me i cept closing now its ether temp closed or perma closed for me please help (note this! i only started closing when i was chatting)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First: Using the Build Block, if you press ESCAPE (which is what I naturally do to unfocus my mouse from the game) then close the menu, you get teleported back to where you entered the aforementioned Build Block. You can still turn your camera. Entering and exiting fixes it until ESCAPE is pressed again.

Second: Typing /shop_restock crashes the game, but leaves the server window open. According to that window, I am still in the game. I cannot shutdown the server (localhost,) nor kick myself.

Computer Specs: Intel i7 quadcore (860 @2.8ghz), 16gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5800 videocard, Win7 Home Premium x64.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i cant get starmade to work, it writes the script then comes up with a critical error at 100%, i have a new laptop brought in in feb, the drivers are all up to date and its a good spec, i cant think what else to try to get starmade to work... any ideas

my laptop is an intel core i7, intel HD graphics 4000, its a acer aspire V3-571

Reaction score
    Relevant video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1tpv1cdkxE

This is the third person mode.. I guess? You get it when you press F11.

It confused me greatly when i first pressed it beacuse it zooms you out so incredibly far.

Schema, this is a bug, you can make the ghost become not even visible as it puts you inside the shop! And that means putting you inside solid blocks you just clip through.

Reaction score
    I\'m having a crash problem. My graphics driver is up to date.

My problem is that when I try to open the game, I log in and everything. my game does what it\'s supposed to and loads all the files, then it just closes, no warnings.

Please help i will appreciate it because star made is the only game I want to play now!!!

Reaction score
    Greetings, i come today to report two minor graphical issues that have occured to me pretty often.

Im not sure if its been mentioned before, though i wouldnt be surprised if it was. The problem being invisible blocks when you open plexdoors. Ive seen many mentions of invisible blocks before but am not sure if this applies to the issue of one block face becoming completely transparent when opening a plexddor.

My other issue pertains to the advanced build modes remove tool. I often have problems seeing the red outline it makes becasue it seems to overlap with the blocks making only possible to see from either a ceratin angle or distance.

I hope these are of some help and they arent really detrimentle. Figured id help by pointing out some of the issues ive seen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I found a bug with Shop Modules. If you set the cost of an item to 0 the game crashes every time you click on it because it tries to divide by 0 (maybe calculating how many items you can afford?). And you can only buy as many items as you would be able to buy with your credits even if you are the shop owner. Also if you drop items while in a Build Block the items disappear.

Reaction score
    I pushed the key T too much now the wepons menu wont stop poping up when ever I am in a ship I even updated my game and it still does it? Help I am being annoyed and cant play

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so, I can play the game fine, the GUIs look fine, but all the4 locks in the world are all broken. They still function, they just look like this:

And as I get closer and farther away they change textures, most of the time at least partialy transparent.

Reaction score
    The latest patch notes boldly states;

\"- AI is now able to shoot fire and forget missiles\"

Question #1;

Which one of the three types could have been dubbed \"fire and forget\" ? This name is used for smart missiles that require no further input after launch.

In-game, the d1000 is just a \"dumb\" straight-flying rocket. The other two, KB and BB could both qualify as fire-and forget missiles, as you don\'t need to do anything AFTER they\'re launched.

So which one is it? And why do I keep thinking there was a misunderstanding and it\'s the d1000?

Question #2;

Which AI? Pirate / trader ships? or bobby AI modules on our own ships and turrets?

Research;

I quickly built three turrets for my ship, one with each missile type. I flew to the nearest pirate base, where though they seemed to track the targets, all three refused to fire. Then I found some pirate ships, and my missile turrets didn\'t even follow them this time.

On a side note, I also noticed that my scout ship\'s three very basic amc turrets disabled the pirates with only a few shots. Just about as quickly, or possibly quicker than my battleship did before the patch, and that one\'s bristling with heavy naval cannons, broadside turrets, and defense batteries.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    My sound is very glitchy, it has some kind of interference loop is the only way i can describe it.. any suggestions?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I open up starmade on this windows 7 computer I get this: \"ErrorDialogExeption: ERROR-DIALOG-EXCEPTION: class org.lwjql.LWJGLExecption: Pixel format not accelerated\"

How can I (or you guys) fix this?

Also on the mac version the BB missiles do not lock on, nor do they show the indicator that they are going to begin locking on.

Thank you for you time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I got mouse problems, but it not the same, my cursor just vanishes and doesn\'t come back unless i restart the game.
    :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The power bar in ship build mode does not respond to how much power I actually have, it drains constantly but my shields and guns are not affected at all.

Reaction score
    did you have caps lock on? because i have had problems with that. i sometimes accidentally hit the caps lock button, and my crosor doesn\'t show up in advanced build mode. (getting rid of the caps lock fixes that condition though)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    plz help me out!

when im in starter screen with the spawn butten and exit botton it dose not do the spiny afect it just crashes do i need any thing.

plz help

-SE8148

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I get near any planet or station or anything larger than 100 blocks, my whole ship starts to spin with the ship core being the origin. I have exited the ship and watched it spin for a few minutes. I am not sure how to fix this issue. If anyone knows how to keep it from doing this, you are welcome to pm me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can\'t start my game, everytime I want to start a single player game I\'m missing the PUBLIC.ENTITIES file, but I didn\'t touch anything, also I noticed I can stil play single player but only on older version so it\'s probably a pretty recent bug, I hope it\'ll be fixed soon