General Game Issues [Not Bugs]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When i try to join my friend it says server is at version 0.0 when we both just updated our games

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi. Cannot get this to start in Windows 8, even when \"Run As Administrator\".

I get the standard window asking if it is alright to run, then nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Here Is The Top Of The Launcher As Of Now

StarMade 0.09375: Critical bugfix & updated textures

Hello and welcometo StarMade,

[Its Connected Here^]

due to an optimization to gel rid of lag for others when people are joining servers, the authentication system

[Typo Here^ Get* Not Gel LOL]

got broken, as in, fully ignored. This led to some serious problems with in-game security.

Admins should immediately update their servers!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Try Making Sure You download the \"StarMade-starter\"

Sometimes The Starter Doesnt Install Correctly

what i did was instead of running it when asked i did saveas \"Desktop\" then run as admin

I Had To delete The File And Starter Then Redownload it to work

Link Here:http://star-made.org/download

Also Windows 8 Itself hasnt been Comepleted to 100% yet so Windows 8 Itself may Be the problem in opening it

[i had windows 8 but it was to buggy so i went to windows 7 and am waiting for windows 8 to get some more bugs worked out]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi Rikka,

Thankyou for your reply. As per your suggestion, I deleted the previous download and dowloaded it again. I right clicked on it and \"run as administrator\". I get the \"user account control\" message to confirm that I want to run it. I click ok, and nothing happens.

I just noted that time that the \'Publisher\' is unknown. I wonder if that is playing a part in not being able to get it running.

Thanking you,

damichab.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have the latest version and have re-downloaded/installed the game, updated graphics drivers and java but every time I run the game in sandbox mode it opens the starmade connector window which just states \'connecting\' but it stays there doing nothing until I close it. I have seen other threads saying they have the same problem.

I am using 64-bit windows 7.

Help please.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello I have got problem http://www.noelshack.com/2013-26-1372604885-bug-starmade.png

Help me :(

Nod

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve got a nasty JVM crash problem, when the schine engine is done loading the window closes and stops the game. i virtualy have not been able to play the game yet. tried: updating java, videocard drivers, using mac launcer, using windows launcer . running as admin, asking the support chat. they sent me here and said it was a software error. if someone would help me they would be my hero! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello! I\'ve got an interesting graphical bug. It\'s sufficiently weird that I feel it\'s worth ten seconds.

The rendering of blocks is FUBAR. Strange slanted surfaces appear on top of most blocks, always slanting in the same direction. Blocks also tend to appear and disappear at random, or only have some sides rendered. The configuration of slants and disappearances change every time I move, even slightly, which causes a maddening flickering effect when I attempt to travel. I\'ve tried fiddling with the graphical settings, to no avail.

Linux x86, with AMD Radeon HD for graphics. Using the radeon driver. I have not tried switching to the Catalyst driver.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i click launch game, fill in my name etc, then the loading screen comes with the schine logo and text, and then a critical error pops up, http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/dl7k.jpg/

and here are my dxdiag specs, http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/aqtz.jpg/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you are not in the ship other people can use scavenger cannons to harvest your ship regardless if you have a faction module. This makes it hard to even keep a cool ship because the moment you crash people can just salvage your ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having an issue when trying to join my friends server. I get a \"NullPointerException: Null\" error when I try to join and it is trying to check server block config. Please help if possible Thanks :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Some friends and I have found that the server client cannot currently handle the load of having multiple ships with a mass of greater than ~20,000 in the same sector without massive lag/ping (2 ships this size in close proximity can cause framerates as low as 2fps) and occasional server crashes. We also found that this problem gets exponentially worse with increasing ship size, 3X 40,000 mass ships in the same sector will cause serverwide sustained pings of >10,000 and around 0.1 FPS in that sector (this can only be fixed by admins teleporting said players away from eachother).

Edit: We do not believe it is the server hardware that is the problem as the game is allocated 6gb of ram and two processors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whenever I look at planets or space stations I get a serious frame rate drop. It goes from around 40-50 to 3 when looking at the center of it.

Reaction score
    Love the game and enjoying sp wial i cant get online or play lan with with house mates, but im unable to currently join an online server or lan server be i running it myself lan/net or joining one. My network isnt the issue double checked install wasnt the issue, played borderlands 2 with m8 to double check network all working, so my question is wtf??? rolf was working fine last few days now it just refuses to work. Any info would be appreciate i knw its alpha and game is unstable just want to get back into playing with friends so much more fun.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m still getting the invisible blocks...my friend thinks it might be a network issue he said but at any rate I notice it gets worse when their are multiple massive ships around or if I go near stations or planets...yeaaaa any ideas?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    After landing on a Planet it seems like everything is ok... after removing a single block the whole Junk gets invisible?! Not very Cool :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    hey i have a problem starting the game when it goes to 100% it says: ErrorDialogException:ERROR-DIALOG-EXCEPTION:data//shader/plasma/plasma.vert.glsl, data//shader/plasma/plasma.frag.glsl Fragmant shaders failed to link, vertex shaders linked. can someone please help?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    when i tryed to lanch the game it came up with an error saing that there was no instilation and did not say how to get the instilation i looked on the form page for instilation to see if i had to download somthing else.

Fix and help please,

General_Wood

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Trying to login. Getting the above error, telling me I\'m either not logged in via uplink, or that the protected name belongs to another user.
    Don\'t see how that could be, it\'s the name I\'ve been using on the same server for the past day, and I am uplinking. However, when I try to Delete Saved Login, it won\'t respond, and when I hit OK, it tells me the following:

\"IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://star-made.org/api/user/login.xml

To help to fix this error, please send your /logs directory to [email protected]\"

About to attempt reinstalling. Sending Reports via the client also gets stuck at Sending Reports. Might want to think about checking that out.