General Game Issues [Not Bugs]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m sorry if there is another comment exactly like this, but there were so many. I can only even attempt to start the game if I run it directly from the website. If I don\'t, I get the message: No installation found in C:\\Users\\(Username)\\Downloads\\StarMade

Logs:

Thread AWT-Windows@13: (state = RUNNABLE)
    - sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.eventLoop(Native Method)
    - sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.run(Unknown Source)
    - java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thread Attach Listener@6: (state = RUNNABLE)

Thread Reference Handler@2: (state = WAITING)
    - java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
    - java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503)
    - java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler.run(Unknown Source)

Thread Signal Dispatcher@5: (state = RUNNABLE)

Thread TimerQueue@18: (state = WAITING)
    - sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
    - java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(Unknown Source)
    - java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(Unknown Source)
    - java.util.concurrent.DelayQueue.take(Unknown Source)
    - javax.swing.TimerQueue.run(Unknown Source)

Thread Finalizer@3: (state = WAITING)
    - java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(Unknown Source)
    - java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Thread Java2D Disposer@11: (state = WAITING)
    - sun.java2d.Disposer.run(Unknown Source)

Thread AWT-EventQueue-0@15: (state = RUNNABLE)
    - java.lang.Thread.dumpThreads(Native Method)
    - java.lang.Thread.getAllStackTraces(Unknown Source)
    - com.google.code.tempusfugit.concurrency.ThreadDump.dumpThreads(ThreadDump.java:26)
    - org.schema.game.common.crashreporter.CrashReporter.a(SourceFile:56)
    - d.a(SourceFile:84)
    - pu.actionPerformed(SourceFile:206)
    - javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    - javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    - javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    - javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    - javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    - javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    - java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    - java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    - java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    - java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    - java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Thread AWT-Shutdown@12: (state = WAITING)
    - java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503)
    - sun.awt.AWTAutoShutdown.run(Unknown Source)

Thread DestroyJavaVM@17: (state = RUNNABLE)

--------------
    Deadlock Check

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Game runs fine for the most part; then it just closes, it doesn\'t lag up at all before hand or anything, it just closes.
    When I run the launcher again and look at the crash report, it tells me that it\'s most likely a graphics card error and that it happens on 99% of intel cards.

\"Updating your graphics card driver is the best change to solve this problem\".
    The real problem is that (A - I use AMD, not Intel,)
    and (B - I updating my drivers when I first dowloaded the game (It wouldn\'t run until I did))
    Any ideas?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    when i get into the game i cant click anything in the pop up windows in game, like spawn or exit

Please help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Normally I get 60 FPS when traveling around space, but my FPS drops to 8 when looking at a space station. If I turn away from the space station, my FPS returns to normal.

Kil

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I launch the game but then the game just closes instatly with no logs or anything. (My Nvida 9800 GTX+ Supports OpenGL 2.1 is that all right?)

Reaction score
    Game doesnt start up.

My game will get to the part of loading when it is connecting to a server, then it will say \"Login successfull....\" then when i hit \"OK\" on the error window the game closes. The error windows says... \" FileNotFoundException: ./client-databae/version (The system cannot find the path specified)\"

From my understanding this error means that the file is not there. Ive looked in the folder that i placed the game and didnt find it either. Not sure if this is created by the game itself or supposed to be in the download package.

I am sure its the game and not my pc or my internet.

I also am using the manual installation of the game because it didnt work the first time i tried.

Please help!

Reaction score
    I regularly find that my ping is upwards of 40,000. My internet is fine, I\'m able to stream videos happily on 720p, and on other online games my ping is anywhere from 25 - 100. On Starmade, however, my ping gets out of control, and the lag makes the game unplayable. I also usually have trouble connecting to servers, and I feel that perhaps the two are linked somehow.

Anybody else experiencing exceptionally high pings? Is there a possible solution?

As a side note; the lag in Starmade is hilarious. While I was struggling with the lag and trying to build my ship I somehow ended up 40 sectors away from where I started. Wasn\'t even moving.

Reaction score
    If you\'re inside a ship but not in it\'s gravity while it\'s moving, you\'ll clip through the walls and fall out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I play on a laptop with both windows 7 and ubuntu 12.04 and they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

In windows the game runs just fine as long as I stay clear of any planet or space station, sounds like other users in this thread is suffering from the same problem..

In ubuntu the game freezes seemingly at random, making me have to restart the computer after playing the game for about 5 minutes. Oddly enough the game runs fine whenever I approach a planet/space station as opposed to the windows 7 case.

Reaction score
    ok so the game tells me that there is a problem with data//shader/cube/quads13/cube.fsh and also cube.vsh(same directory) i have updated my graphics drivers, it didn\'t work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Built my first ship. When I logged out and then back in the salvage beam wasn\'t there. Kept rebuilding till I realized it worked, just couldn\'t see the beam.

Reaction score
    I saw a video of someone asking why his frames drops drastically (like I do) when a station or planet is anywhere in his generated area. Someone said it may be a memory leak. Weird thing is, this game is 99.8% nothing and my frames just die when any land generates. But on Minecraft, I can mod it a lot, 64x texture pack, and far +64 render distance, and get a ton better frames than a planet gen in this game. (I don\'t hate it, I love this game.)

Reaction score
    Hi guys I put a page in the help section, about a week ago, about this but I think it might be a bug because nothing that I do will correct it. I am completely unable to join any outside server but can play single player without problems.

I receive this error after every attempt to join a server (Server name deleted)

I have followed the wiki direction to the letter and place the server address in the box marked host:port and then the port after the colon no spaces and then tick the dot and press ok. It says a couple things in the dialog box that are too fast to read and then sits at connecting for about 30-60 seconds (didn’t really count it just feels this long) then gives the above error. I have tried every server on http://starmade-servers.com/ and some that are not on that list. No matter if its full, online/offline, or empty it always gives the same message.

I have dropped all firewalls, turned off all protection programs, and tried running as admin. Nothing works, I have even tried forwarding port 4242 even though im not hosting a server, didn\'t work. System specs as follows.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Graphics Cards: SLI x2 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

If anyone has any ideas I can try im up to trying it, id like to play this game online, its kinda boring without friends.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I start up the game with the newest launcher, it loads to 100%- And disapears. The window just closes without reporting the error. It told me earlier when I launched the game that I my graphics card didn\'t work and I needed to update it, I did and the error stopped showing up.

I think many people are getting this, please look into it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    still after the new update that was suposed to fix the invisabug the same thing is still happining, if i distroy a block on a planet in any way a section of land that is around what i distroyed turns invisable and if i distroy a block that is invisible it temperarily turns back. did i update rong? i downloaded the new launcher from the site and clicked update and install.................

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    On my friends private server after a couple of hours of playtime my game all of a sudden popped up with \"Server not responding for: 5 seconds\" and this will continue to increase. But the problem isn\'t with my internet connection, i can play other games just fine. This has happened to me three times as of today, some on dedicated servers.

Nothing i can seem to do to prevent the problem, restarting internet, laptop and even deleting and reinstalling the game has no effect on it. After a few hours on a server i will simply disconnect and be unable to connect again.

Reaction score
    Every time i try to download the game after the invisibug \"fix\", it tells me i have a mirror error - even when i manually do it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have already gave my logs and reported the issue, im just wondering if anyone has gotten a solution, If you have got a solution, please email me and post on the forum about it (Email is [email protected])

The Error i get is : SQLSyntaxErrorException:user lacks privilege or object not found:Public.Entities

Reaction score
    My little boy has been playing the game for a few weeks with no issues on my laptop (ASUS Core i7 2.4 Ghz dual core, 8GB ram, NVidia GeForce 610M w/ 2 GB dedicated vram, running on Windows 8 64bit). When we downloaded that last build as instructed, we started seeing an error message box stating that we were using an old launcher. So, I followed the instructions and got the same results.

I found that if I just cancelled the box and pressed the Start button on the main blurb screen, it would go to the Connection Setup screen with no issues. When I pressed OK from there, then the game crashed. I started tinkering a bit, validating that all my drivers and versions were up to date for Java and the like - found all to be good.

Then I went through the process again, got the same messages, but I set \"Enable Sound\" to OFF, and now the game works fine for the most part (excepting some of the \"less than desirable features\" that are part and parcel of any alpha product).

So, any suggestions on getting rid of that message?

Bestest!

Bobo