Ultimate Ship Building Process!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I've tried something similar but with 10x10x10 perfectly proportional ship systems. I basically just copy paste them into a custom hull and trim off the bits that stick out. Trimming takes some extra work but I think that It's worth it. Especially since there's no way for me to use that modular parts technique with thre usual shape of my ships...

Everything connects together by the way.

Edit: I also tried to splice one of my titan's engines into an other ship, but I didn't account for the fact that it was about twice as high as said ship :P.

Last edited:
    Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    thanks guys,now i must release the plate,you are all just too awesome!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There needs to be a separate forum on this website that is just ship part plates. I'm excited for this. Now I can actually get things done! Please release it soon! We are like savage monkeys clawing at your window desperate for your next brilliant idea!

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    well,i have it !! built a big ship in 30 min!! with perfect interior,power setup,engines..
    watch this video if you wanna know how i did it! :)

Again, I LOVE this technique! Im so looking forward to when you can do this with templates. A quick side note for this method of building:
    If you designate a "Mold Block" in your plate, you can use it for the easy selection (i noticed the little cubes on the top left or your templates) and then use the remove block type option to pull all of those out without affecting any of your intended ship blocks. Some throw away kind of block, like lava, it lights up, is easy to obtain (its dirt cheap) and you wont generally be placing it on your ship, of course any other block type works just as well, for example, the "area triggers" would possibly work quite nicely as throw away template selection markers. Cant wait to see more, and maybe play with these things!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Wait how are you selecting more than 10 blocks on an axis? I am using hardened hull and it still doesn't work.

Reaction score
    There is a setting to control this in SP (or for the server admin on MP) in your server setting file (this also affects your SP game locally)
    look near the bottom of the file for a "advanced block placement" number, it will be 10 by default, set it to what you please (be warned, even strong computers will encounter issues at even just 100)

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Is it possible to have two "master builder" badges? Or maybe stick a third wrench in his?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is a setting to control this in SP (or for the server admin on MP) in your server setting file (this also affects your SP game locally)
    look near the bottom of the file for a "advanced block placement" number, it will be 10 by default, set it to what you please (be warned, even strong computers will encounter issues at even just 100)
    Are you talking about the server.cfg? When I look in it, there is no advanced block placement number.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Are you talking about the server.cfg? When I look in it, there is no advanced block placement number.
    yeap,there is,all they way down,i think he forgot to say this here
    PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA = 100 //max area a player may add/remove in adv. build mode

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    goddammit tenk, why do you always get to these things first. My starmade started working again and I was playing with copy paste and than I had that same Idea then I look at the forums, see this post and slam my head down on my desk you are mean so: wait for it, wait for it....

THROW ME A FRIKKIN' BONE HERE

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I tried again to make another plate. It didn't go so well...... Frickin pirates........ Please release your plate cuz mine suck!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I tried again to make another plate. It didn't go so well...... Frickin pirates........ Please release your plate cuz mine suck!
    im waiting for dalmont to agree :P and i broke my starmade so i will try to fix it as soon as possible :D i will try to upload it here when i wake up

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I thought of it ... but i thought it to be pointless to do it for each new ship anew !
    Now consider how dumb i feel to not have thought of saving a ship template with prebuild stuff :p

@tenk11kamikaza great work ! i love it ;)
    Same thing here. I thought about doing something very similar (not quite the same, but same general idea). Then I figured it would probably look like a pile of chicken dung mixed with blended frog. So I didn't bother.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    First attempt at making a build plate, the large cubes are 13^3 and the small ones are 7^3. I'm not very happy with it because the small cubes do not line up well with the large ones (And I stole tenk11's cube cover designs) but I'm uploading it anyway in case anyone else wants to use it.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m765mook58u7xj4/Build Plate.sment (Media fire because the uploader is to be broken)

Reactions: SkylordLuke

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Try to use 15^3 and 7^3. 1 big would then be 2 small and 1 block gap.

BTW: is anybody using hexagonal (horizontal 2 axis) boxes?