Ultimate Ship Building Process!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    downloaded this file but it is unaccessable to spawn into game could you please offer it in either a sment file or a zip file thanks
    Just open up the downloaded file in 7-zip or winrar. Then drag the file from said program into Blueprints.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    You sir, are a genius and I have dreamed of no longer placing efficent 5*5*5 power cubes one by one
    You have made me proud.
    I feel stupid for not seein this yesterday because I am building 1:1 scale carol station fl interior super realistic and battle worthy and I made one segment of interior,THIS IS AWESOME!

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    AND COMBINE THEM TO SOLVE THE ULTIMATE ENGINEERING PROCESS OF
    CAIRIO STATION

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    ... There is an edit button.
    Don't try, he went spamtastic on elwyn too.

By the way, @MrFuz , 5 by 5 power gens are really not efficient. It's better to make your power lines as long/high/large as possible.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Given the potential scale of my next endavour, should we get it working together, this idea is priceless. As a process oriented person Im quite amazed, and yet surprised that I havent thought about that. Then again i have not touched the game in months :P

having your server die does that to you :) Remind to buy a beer should we ever meet :D

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Given the potential scale of my next endavour, should we get it working together, this idea is priceless. As a process oriented person Im quite amazed, and yet surprised that I havent thought about that. Then again i have not touched the game in months :p

having your server die does that to you :) Remind to buy a beer should we ever meet :D
    one day at starmade con :D

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    one day at starmade con :D
    Starcon*

Today I learned that doing interiors has now once again trumped making turrets as my least favorite part of ship design. I think it will be quite a while before I can add my plate to the collection.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Starcon*

Today I learned that doing interiors has now once again trumped making turrets as my least favorite part of ship design. I think it will be quite a while before I can add my plate to the collection.
    hhahah yeah,Starcon :D
    so hows it going with your plate ,i kinda paused with expanding my plate

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    So I am planning on creating my own "plate". Itll mostly just be modable guns and such but its still the same general idea

Reaction score
    Just a short idea I had last night, when preparing templates that are supposed to have air in them, fill the air blocks with water. Then you can slap shields inside your ship and once you done remove water from the ship to be left with free space exactly where you wanted it.

As for the ideas of 5^3 "perfect shield gens, they are perfect only in scenarios where you have 5^3 of space available, bigger ships should have just lines in my opinion. this does not of course invalidate this design, a template with a service tunnel and appropriate lines laid in ready for copying woulbe quite neat!

Also someone update me if we have smedit available or not. Bccouse if so I would also advocate the use of a standarized two or three color palette as well as predefined blocks for certain types of decor (like general lights, theme lights) so you can easly swap ship colors later.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Replace "block" with "block" should be an in-game feature.

At least this one.

Reaction score
    Interesting method, and obviously useful for building of large ships.
    I would note that maximum-performance-per-block ships such as stealth crusiers might benefit from fewer bordering blocks which don't perform a nonasethetic function, though this is easily remedied with a performance versions of your modules.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would note that maximum-performance-per-block ships such as stealth crusiers might benefit from fewer bordering blocks which don't perform a nonasethetic function, though this is easily remedied with a performance versions of your modules.
    Hull should be required for vital systems to work. 2 hull supports 1 vital part (or some ratio alike) to make decorative stuff have less impact.
    Additional decorative blocks should have less mass.

*rage about not fixed issue :)*

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I really want copypaste to be less wonky... And work with symmetry...
    It's impossible to copypaste a whole ship without a frame :(