Thoughts about the recent trailers and equalty between shipbuilders.

Do you agree?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Meh. I've already voiced my opinion on the matter. The only way to reasonably compete with MF is to do it yourself. I'd love to help out with video editing and artwork for your stuff. I'm here if you need me.

I won't attack fellow community members on the basis of "My ships are better than yours", however. Tenk, Rimmer. Chill out. Grow up. This is a discussion not a grade school tattletale session. You guys are better than this, I hope.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    For the whole building challenge thing, I've decided to change it to better reflect what we're trying to achieve. From now on, it will be less of a competition, and more of a blueprint tread-sort-of-thing. The idea is, people would submit any ships they would like to see in official videos/other content, and while it doesn't mean that they will get put into any official content, the important thing is that they give permission. Why is that important? Because it was already stated in this very thread that the reason why they can't film videos in other servers is because they would need permission from the authors. While the terms and conditions of the site state that the devs have the right to use any material stored on the website without author's permission any way they like, it would still be quite rude of them to do so (though I doubt somebody wouldn't like to see his/her ship on an official trailer).

Sure, you might say, that it's hard to work with, but that's not true. Bench had already proven that you can work with various content from various creators when working on the trailer.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    So now that I have read 90% of this
    First, he is Criss the Nightbringer, not chriss, and his forum name is Vanhelzing
    I would like to say thank you. Hardly anyone spells my name right. :p

But seriously... as for the whole MF business. I find it strange that nobody here complained about raiben, saber, or skylord specifically even though they are a part of Mushroomfleet. It almost seems as if players dislike tomino/the brand. Bit strange. The devs made a pretty good point early on. They cannot waste their time getting feedback and work done by sifting through the community. I think some people here may have figured this out. But essentially you should be striving for their level of competence if you want a fair chance. Jath is part of MF. He posts PVP battles every week if not every day. Yet he doesn't get some sort of special treatment from the devs just because hes there and hes a YouTuber. He goes to MF to film with his friends. Since when is that a crime?

I find it funny that people do not realize that I am a part of MF and talk to them daily. In fact I am an admin on their server. Clearly not everyone or anyone for that matter is getting any sort of special treatment if you guys didn't know that. I am clearly not. Maybe I haven't proven myself to the rest of the schine team to get an NDA ( ;) )and some previews of a build. Does it matter. Someone is going to get this information and post it first. So what if it is mushroom fleet, or me, or anyone else. Either take it or don't. But do no expect the game developer to reveal something to a random individual in the community. Saber made a cool teaser and schema/schine decided it should be posted to the official channel. I am sure I could get one up there too if I wanted to and put the effort in. I am sure anyone here could do so if they presented something of good quality.

As for the whole, "my ship's better than your ship..." thing. Give me five minutes with ANYONE's ship and I will find the worst things about it. Nobody is perfect. Thats why we keep building :)

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So now that I have read 90% of this

I would like to say thank you. Hardly anyone spells my name right. :p

But seriously... as for the whole MF business. I find it strange that nobody here complained about raiben, saber, or skylord specifically even though they are a part of Mushroomfleet. It almost seems as if players dislike tomino/the brand. Bit strange. The devs made a pretty good point early on. They cannot waste their time getting feedback and work done by sifting through the community. I think some people here may have figured this out. But essentially you should be striving for their level of competence if you want a fair chance. Jath is part of MF. He posts PVP battles every week if not every day. Yet he doesn't get some sort of special treatment from the devs just because hes there and hes a YouTuber. He goes to MF to film with his friends. Since when is that a crime?

I find it funny that people do not realize that I am a part of MF and talk to them daily. In fact I am an admin on their server. Clearly not everyone or anyone for that matter is getting any sort of special treatment if you guys didn't know that. I am clearly not. Maybe I haven't proven myself to the rest of the schine team to get an NDA ( ;) )and some previews of a build. Does it matter. Someone is going to get this information and post it first. So what if it is mushroom fleet, or me, or anyone else. Either take it or don't. But do no expect the game developer to something to a random individual in the community. Saber made a cool teaser and schema/schine decided it should be posted to the official channel. I am sure I could get one up there too if I wanted to and put the effort in. I am sure anyone here could do so if they presented something of good quality.

As for the whole, "my ship's better than your ship..." thing. Give me five minutes with ANYONE's ship and I will find the worst things about it. Nobody is perfect. Thats why we keep building :)
    That first and last statements are exactly why I changed the competition thread. Why nobody hates you for being a member of MF? Because you're not being an arse about it, unlike skylord, who really, really let me down this time and I completely lost all my respect of him. It was almost a betrayal when you think about it (I don't feel that bad about it, because I've already lost the count of people who betrayed me in my yet short life). As I stated in the original post, I don't hate MF people. I simply found it suspicious that they get all the spotlight whilw there are many active and hard working people outside the MF.

Reaction score
    It almost seems as if players dislike tomino/the brand.
    You kinda hit the nail there. I think nobody hates people for playing on MF, cause that would be just stupid. For such a 'large' channel and being pretty much or at least acting like the front of the community they should act a bit more mature. They seem like something escaped from the mental ward. Also, quality ffs.

The devs made a pretty good point early on. They cannot waste their time getting feedback and work done by sifting through the community.

http://starmadedock.net/staff/
    Your joking right... so many for such a small community ... what is the job of the mobs anyway then? ... We still got testers right?

As for the thread itself, let's see if we are on schedule:
    Feedback supplied, check;
    Counter arguments, check;
    Pointless fanboys input, check;
    Flamewars, check;
    I think we can wrap this up soon and start a new thread next week or so.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Mariux,im not saying that you guys cant build great ships
    ____

the part where you want to build better looking ships than the ones Dalmont already made,or my ships..left me laughing for minutes.
    the fact is..we are the only ones capable of doing stuff i listed above
    if everyone thinks you are better than MF...if you want to take us down,go do something about it
    again,i guess we build good ships/stations
    I see an inconsistency here.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I like how this -

http://starmadedock.net/staff/
    Your joking right... so many for such a small community ... what is the job of the mobs anyway then? ... We still got testers right?

is the arguement you use against me when it is this -

Because as a server they are prolific, show initiative and present content to us.
    I'm speaking for myself here.

Whenever I need something from the community, I go to those who have shown to me that they are reliable and available. People who have initiative, who reach out to myself and others.

I'm rarely going to sift through the entire community (I'm busy, it's just the truth) to find people who have potential, but have never made that step forward. I want the best of the best, people who can do the job, do it well, and make themselves available and easy to contact.
    That was stated by developers of the game. So no, I'm not joking. They said it themselves. Yes we have testers, yes we have mods. But moderators aren't there to find the best of the community and bring them out. They are there to moderate and apply the rules to everyone equally. And the testers, hopefully, have been doing exactly what they are supposed to as well. Test the game, report bugs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    . But essentially you should be striving for their level of competence if you want a fair chance. Jath is part of MF. He posts PVP battles every week if not every day. Yet he doesn't get some sort of special treatment from the devs just because hes there and hes a YouTuber. He goes to MF to film with his friends. Since when is that a crime?
    I don't have a beef with the teaser beyond the fact that it lacks any real effort. That gets to the crux of my problem with your above statement. I haven't seen any level of competence from MF as involves making teasers or anything beyond "lets play" videos. Some certain members have created great ship and station reviews, but these are not the same thing, either. MF's "level of competence" seems to mean "they have the software."

If Schine is asking the community for help in producing these videos, then they are ready and willing to accept amateur work. MF hardly has a lock on that, as other threads regarding youtube video quality have already demonstrated.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    MF's "level of competence" seems to mean "they have the software."
    I've had the software to make content for 3 years. But that sure as hell does not mean I was using it properly when I started.

I do not believe schine is specifically asking for anything. The official trailer is already being handled. MF hosts a large number of youtubers because tom is willing to help record with newcomers.

Until people talk to and get to know him or any of the other MF members better, they shouldn't say they are treating themselves as the center of attention. They are humble about it. Raiben specifically states that he doesn't think he is as great a builder or content creator once in a while. Saber kinda wings it because he never thought he would get into YT. Tomino just has fun and tries out so many different ideas. He's pretty intelligent. He works on computers for a living, and I have no doubt that numerous times he has helped schine determine problems with running the game/his server. He reports bugs constantly and sends them logs all the time. Why is it so bad to help out the schine team this way? Because he has a YT channel? Because schema joins his stream now and then? Petty reasoning.

Schema comments on my video, therefore I am elitist. No. Some of the devs are friends now with the MF crew. Of course they talk to each other a lot. They support each other like friends do.

Again. High quality content channels are a part of MF. They may not carry the brand on their channel but they are part of that community. Unless you are addressing all of those content creators, specifically state the MF channel itself. It is apparent that members of the community distinguish a level a quality from the main channel and the other content makers that film there.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I think you see the issue we have as MF having any part. Not true, of course they will be asked to help with youtube stuff. What we are saying is that when they do, anything that gets made official should represent as much of the community as possible, rather than a specific corner. Sure, make an MF trailer, but make it for MF, not starmade. If you want the job, do it properly.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    There is a solid chance that schine would be willing to accept other trailers if they are good enough.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    There is a solid chance that schine would be willing to accept other trailers if they are good enough.
    Even so, schine go to MF. Therefore they should take on the job they are doing not as MF, but as a part of a much bigger community.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Then they should offer it up to people of SMD to make one, not just tell some MF guys "hey could you make this."

As it's been shown, there are clearly people here who could make a better one (Crimson-Artist )

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    That honestly sounds like "my ship wasnt featured in the 40 second teaser and I'm upset"

I havent seen Crimson's trailer for SM if he made one Zyrr. I have seen other work by him however and it is actually great. It does appear to be quite a unique style.

Lecic. Schine did not ask. Saber wanted to make a teaser and schine said sure. They did not ask. If anything Saber asked them.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

Six times as good as whatever garbage I've seen so far.

And yes, this is completely and totally about our ships not being in the trailer.

That's the whole point of this; we want to help but are not given the opportunity to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.