Thoughts about the recent trailers and equalty between shipbuilders.

Do you agree?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    So give me another chance to correct myself,only people who CREATED this thread,and CONTINUE to fuel the flame war,and hate towards us and MF,will never catch up with me. i promise you that. i will never stop improving.
    Mariux created the thread... he has some of the most popular ships on the forums, and is a high ranking builder in Lazarus.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Mariux created the thread... he has some of the most popular ships on the forums, and is a high ranking builder in Lazarus.
    hey rimm. i will copy paste this just for you
    Alex. you are right!
    you know what..you are really right. I was a fool when i said that,i realize that because i have seen countless ships i voted for,and they were out of this world! I know that its only a matter of time.. when someone will overthrow my creations from the top,and even be more popular than me. Even tho i will bite hard and i will try to stay in the front,that will happen. Its how nature works. I agree.

So give me another chance to correct myself,only people who CREATED this thread,and CONTINUE to fuel the flame war,and hate towards us and MF,will never catch up with me. i promise you that. i will never stop improving.

so after you read this again,please tell me what didnt you understand?
    I admit,there are..and will be tons of people who can ..and will compete with me.
    Mariux... is not one of them,im not being rude,im just stating the obvious

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    No, that's extremely rude.

Also, you're proving the points he's been trying to make by saying that kind of stuff. :|

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    When someone comes at you,and hits you with things like: your videos suck,your trailer sucks,mushroomfleet elitist,your ships are laughably bad (all this was pointed at me). Attacks me,Dalmont,Raiben ..and most importantly poor Tom,who never did anything wrong. who is a decent dude,And just because he is not building masterpiece ships ..he cant criticize other ships?(and to be fair he never did bash other builds,he gave constructive criticism) thats like saying people who criticize paintings cant do that,because they cant paint as good. tell me now...who is rude? This thread was started with hard attacks on us. And you thought i will stand on the side and do nothing,im not that kind of a person. That is why i have successful YT channel,why i have top rated ships,i never quit. i never stand on the side and just watch. i act.
    I was never rude at other people first..i never start.
    but attack me ,and sure as hell i will defend.

Reactions: theamon
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    TL;DR : I don’t hate the people who get promoted in official trailers and such, but there are many hard-working people who deserve attention just as much. (It even rhymes a little)
    I admit,there are..and will be tons of people who can ..and will compete with me.
    Why not, Tenk?

Also:
    However, I, as a decent builder (imho), got LECTURED on more than an occasion on the basics of the game and ship building by extremely arrogant and unfriendly admins of mushroomfleet, including Tomino (surprisingly, considering that he's usually friendly).. I'm sorry, what does he build again? Oh that's right, fucking purple bricks on stick.
    ..and most importantly poor Tom,who never did anything wrong. who is a decent dude,And just because he is not building masterpiece ships ..he cant criticize other ships?(and to be fair he never did bash other builds,he gave constructive criticism)
    Seriously, you people (everyone here), Especially Tenk, should just stop 'defending' themselves and act a lot more mature.

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Good so far how was yours?
    I will be eating all day. hahaha

Skylord is right. It is within anyone's capability to criticize, even if they are not good at a particular skill. I studied graphic design. While I did take a few classes, I didn't get into fine art. That doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between an effective technique and one that is poorly executed in terms of drawing. Tom hardly even says negative things. Even on the most basic of ships, he almost solely focuses on the positive. Raiben and saber and I are a bit tougher.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    When someone comes at you,and hits you with things like: your videos suck,your trailer sucks,mushroomfleet elitist,your ships are laughably bad (all this was pointed at me). Attacks me,Dalmont,Raiben ..and most importantly poor Tom,who never did anything wrong. who is a decent dude,And just because he is not building masterpiece ships ..he cant criticize other ships?(and to be fair he never did bash other builds,he gave constructive criticism) thats like saying people who criticize paintings cant do that,because they cant paint as good. tell me now...who is rude? This thread was started with hard attacks on us. And you thought i will stand on the side and do nothing,im not that kind of a person. That is why i have successful YT channel,why i have top rated ships,i never quit. i never stand on the side and just watch. i act.
    I was never rude at other people first..i never start.
    but attack me ,and sure as hell i will defend.
    My issue is not that I cant build ships, your ships are bad or anything so petty. It's simply that you guys(maybe not tom IN THIS CASE, but he has been just as bad) are very obnoxious about your positions, and when people point out they are unhappy, come in and say its all on them.

And whats wrong with Mariux's builds? They are very good, and there was a point where you couldnt play a server and not see one of these things.

And as for my issue with tomino, his self righteousness in this thread is largely what tainted my view of him, and because he is the leader, MF as a whole. http://starmadedock.net/threads/muting-players.1181/

It's simply that you guys(maybe not tom IN THIS CASE, but he has been just as bad) are very obnoxious about your positions
    *edit* sorry Raiben and others, I forgot about you guys when I said this. Unfortunatly, the ones who yell tend to be the face of something. I like you guys.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    How was thanksgiving everyone? Full of joy I hope?
    So much turkey... And stuffing, and wine, and tatters, and wine, and biscuits, and wine... And I've got more wine to finish.

I feel like I'm gonna explode, better not eat that mint...
    Screw it, I'm in no condition for interaction, it's cartoon time.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I think this has played out to a logical conclusion. Being a completely illogical and off topic one. Anyone who chooses to include themselves in Star-Made goings on by either being in the right places at the right time or making their own content i wish you the best of luck. I look forward to topics filled with new content from any source you can use. I'm sure this topic will get revisited in a new thread the next time someone feels slighted from not being included.

We're not omitting, suppressing or excluding content not from 'specific sources'. We never had. Go out there and create! We'd love to have it here.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    We're not omitting, suppressing or excluding content not from 'specific sources'.
    As you guys say alot, you dont work for schine in anyway.
    Go out there and create!
    The content is there, waiting to be used like this. Thats the point. Its not the lack of content, its a favoritism to ones own content (admitedly understandable) when creating something that should some everyone up.

And the argument that new players wont know the difference is silly imo, while it may be true, it should still be a fair representation of everyone, especially in a game that claims to be largely based around the community.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This entire thread is a positive rating farm.

I like it.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Yes, rimmer. Your exact reasoning has been stated numerous times. The thing is that:

1: Saber was free to do with his trailer what he wanted. Who is to even say he had the intention of putting on the official channel. Schine thought it was good enough for their channel and that is that.

2: Crimson might get his trailer into the official channel as well. Content created by someone other than a MF member will then be posted if this works out.

3: The official trailer will include a plethora of ships from all corners of the community. At the point it is posted, the teaser will mean nothing because a fully fledged trailer will be there to soak up anyone that comes along. The teaser is like.. not even 2 minutes long. Do we really need to whine about fairness when everyone has already been given that chance?

If saber posted his teaser after the official SM trailer I bet none of this would be happening right now.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    We do not create content. I'm not sure how many time's I've said it. But it's been numerous. You want to be in a video for Star-Made? Make one. Neither SMD nor Schine have produced videos save for some very early ones and a few updates from schema. Bench made his entire video in a cloak ship just going around from server to server. His trailer became official and he is now a member of Schine. MF videos get featured because they produce them. Go produce. We'll be more than happy to see them here.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I'm not going to be posting here anymore, it is clear that I have made my point several times, and I am going to make a final summary because its a bit fragmented with my personal dislike for certain leading members of MF.

I have no problem with MF making the trailers for the game, I just feel if they are to do so, they should be impartial and represent more people than MF. Crimson's trailer for example, yes, it shows his own ships, but it shows plenty of other peoples stuff. yes, the official main trailer should do this, but we dont have that yet, and it could be many months before we do, so currently these videos are the face of starmade and the game, and I just wish they would represent a wider area of the community. There is plenty of content available on this very site that would facilitate this.

No, I am not jealous of my ships not being in the trailer, everything I build is for a faction, releasing them for a trailer would be silly, and this is why they are not submitted for Bench's trailer.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    "You disagree with me? You're a crappy builder and will never be as good as me!" -tenk11kamikaza

I don't hate MF. I hate how it feels like MF gets special treatment, and how the devs give update spoilers specifically to them, which essentially forces me to subscribe to their channel if I want to keep up-to-date.

I'm on the MF whitelist, and I'm not a fan of how stuff works for them and not for others.

Reactions: Mariux

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Alrighty folks, I'm closing this thread to further replies. If you are looking for a good example of how to make your stay on these forums short and angry, most of the replies here are a gold mine. If you are looking to be a helpful, liked, long-standing member then I would suggest ignoring this thread and any others holding the same tone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.